[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you guys work your core with "isolation exercises"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 14124214124421.jpg (249KB, 1717x965px) Image search: [Google]
14124214124421.jpg
249KB, 1717x965px
Do you guys work your core with "isolation exercises" (i think those are isolation exercises) like leg raises, planks, crunches etc. or are you the type that thinks OHP, Squats, Deadlifts are enough? I am fairly new to lifting (less than 3 months)and i don't know if i should add some "abs" exercises after my workout.
>>
>>41116648
I do a some planks and oblique work at the end of my workout

Just side leans with heavy dumbbells, and planks

ez
>>
>>41116648
I can do 20 x 5 on the Roman chair. I'm about to add weighs to it. I started barely being able to do 8 x 4 and that's the only ab workout I do really so it must be pretty good.

You gym should have a Roman chair, if not you can get one off Craigslist for like $50.
>>
5x10 ab wheel once a week
>>
it depends what you are doing those exercises for.

want a strong core but no necessarily an aesthetic one? get to a 2.5x bw deadlift, 2x bw squat and a 1x bw OHP, you will have a strong core

want an aesthetic core? do your leg raises, ab wheels, L sits, weighted crunches etc and keep low bodyfat.

many people though will get an aesthetic core from heavy compounds, just like many people get aesthetic sholders, leg, chest etc from heavy compounds. best thing to do IMO is to do you heavy compounds as #1 priority and fill in the blanks with relevant accessories eg if your biceps are lacking then add in curls, but if your triceps are growing fast from bench and OHP then leave them alone
>>
>>41116676
>Just side leans with heavy dumbbells, and planks
u me bro. I also do leg raises.
>>
>>41116772
>want a strong core but no necessarily an aesthetic one? get to a 2.5x bw deadlift, 2x bw squat and a 1x bw OHP, you will have a strong core

what if i want to strengthen my core in order to get these numbers safely?
>>
>>41116823
its not likely you will need to. you'll probably be able to get there just be doing those lifts and 1-2 accessories later when you need them.

if its your core, specifically your abs, holding you back, though, weighted crunches, hanging leg raises, ab wheels, basically anything that is good for abs done in strength or lower end of hypertrophy rep ranges should do it.
>>
too soon man
>>
>>41116772
Don't listen to this guy. If you've never lifted before and jump right in expecting a strong core from not working it you are wrong. Yes many exercises should engage your core but if you are new to lifting chances are youll have a weak core. If you have a weak core and start doing deadlifts, squats, OHP your body won't work your core is going change it's positioning to make up for the weak core.

This is a very common way to get an anterior pelvic tilt.

So, train core hard in the beginning of your journey. After a couple months after its properly developed then you can stop and just do deadlifts or squats, now that your body knows how to properly position and work itself.
>>
source on OP girl

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxLX_ly6ODM
>>
>>41117060
BRAP... pffff... BRAAP.... pfffff... BBRRRAAAAAPPP.... pfffff
>>
>>41116772

the fuck this nigga talking about?

aesthetics are bodyfat% + genetics.

fucking isolations won't change your muscle insertions.
>>
Toes to bar are pheniminal! Use strict form and dont swing like a crossfitter. If you really want a challenge, do an L-sit hold for 2 sec then continue and raise toes to bar.
>>
>>41117060

the camera guy is for sure a dude. he knew exactly what he was doing.
>>
>>41116648
AthleanX is on the money for Abs.

You have to work them out hard and fast, doing a combination of exercises ranging from very difficult to easy to wear them down in succession.

I start with dragon flags > Leg raises > starfish crunches > cocoons and do that three or four times, working to close to failure on each, and failing on cocoons. Ill throw in some side bends with DBs too just to hit the obliques more.

I can barely bend upwards once im done and even in six months my abs have exploded in size and strength. Its actually been a bit of a curse because now my core looks huge and my chest/shoulders/rest is small.
>>
>>41116648
Your abs are a muscle

A muscle grows in strength under heavy loads
A muscle grows in mass under hypertrophy
Working out a muscle makes it bigger and stronger

Your abs are a muscle

Can you figure out whether or not you should do ab exercises yet?
>>
>>41117510
This is the gayest shit I've ever read. I can feel your homosexuality through your writing style.
>>
>>41117510
>>41117521
why does anyone want LARGER abs? small abs = small waist -> v-taper = a e s t h e t i c
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.