[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it a waste of time to try to gain muscle and lose weight at

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

Is it a waste of time to try to gain muscle and lose weight at the same time? I'm sick of being fat but I also want to keep getting stronger on my current programming. Shouldn't it work as long as I get enough protein to grow per day but a lower amount of calories than I currently eat?

For anybody else that currently does this, what do you guys do for protein while keeping calories low? Chicken, protein shakes, etc?
>>
>>41114369
noobs can gain strength on a cut, which is akin to gaining muscle. If you've been lifting for a while it's unrealistic to expect muscle gain while cutting
>>
First years can gain about 15 lbs of muscle on a calorie deficit, second years can gain 10. After your third year gains become slower and harder to come by because your body's metabolism will be elevated by the muscle mass you've attained. At that point you have to bulk to get any more gains.
>>
>>41114369
From left to right
>6'1
>6'0
>5'11
The descent into manlethood is a sharp cliff
>>
>>41114408

So advanced lifters won't be able to make any more muscle on a calorie deficit even if they have the required protein (let's go off the 1g/lb of bodyweight rule)?
>>
>>41114418
Unless if they use roids
>>
>>41114408
I guess I already had a high as shit metabolism since I probably gained less than 5 lbs my first year eating at around maint.
>>
>>41114386
everyone can gain strength and muscle on a cut

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21558571
>>
>>41114369
It's a waste of time to try to get fit. You shouldn't bother wasting your time.
>>
>>41114415
>>>41114369 (OP)
>From left to right
>>6'1
>>6'0
>>5'11
>The descent into manlethood is a sharp cliff
Are you a fucking retard ? They are standing further back from each other
>>
>>41115249
Not by that much you turbomanlet
>>
>>41114369
why do most good oly lifters have bow legs? iis there some kind of advantage?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.