[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we have a general self-improvement, motivation thread? I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 13

File: 1492473523221.jpg (291KB, 897x1380px) Image search: [Google]
1492473523221.jpg
291KB, 897x1380px
Can we have a general self-improvement, motivation thread? I wanna know what motivates you. What is your story, what are images or stories that motivate the fuck out of you, etc.

When I get up in the morning I wanna be able to remember why I'm doing this. As silly as it sounds, pics like pic related remind me why. How about you?
>>
>>41114111
I guess I just enjoy it. I'm not seeking to be aesthetic because my body will never be appealing. Not seeking to be strong because I'm not going to compete. This is just something to fill the time and forget the nonsense of everyday life. Lifting is like meditation for me.
>>
>>41114111
>1000 sit-ups
ok
>1000 push-ups
wow
>1000 pull-ups
hmmm
>meditating instead of sleeping
yeah right fuck off low gh low test e statter
>>
File: wizard lmao.jpg (51KB, 640x516px) Image search: [Google]
wizard lmao.jpg
51KB, 640x516px
>>41114111
Stellar mirror trips there.

Reading or seeing those with perfectly original, unbreakable will motivate me. Will is Masculine.
Reading The Kybalion has motivated me even. It talks about polarizing to an Original Masculine Will.

Setting unbelievably inhuman standards for myself helps as well. It's the only thing that motivates me. My current goal is 1000 push ups, 2500 squats, 2000 sit ups, 400 pull ups, 400 wall assisted handstand push ups, back and front lever, 10 minute handstand, 70 minute 10 mile in hill environment. I set a 6 month goal for completion. I can do only 36 push-ups, 60 squats, 20 sit ups (no foot hold), 14 pull ups, 6 wa hs push ups, few second handstand, and a shitty shitty mile time of like 11 minutes in these hills.

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/The-Breaker

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Zui-Wu-Dao

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Star-Martial-God-Technique

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Veritas

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Red-Storm
>>
>>>/instagram/ faggot
nice digits tho
>>
>>41114111

I like how these comic workout routines always put pullups at the same level of difficulty as a situp or a pushup
>>
>>41114265
W-why not just 1/2/3/4 pl8..?
>>
>>41114111
>He doesn't train legs
>>
File: dwarf blacksmith.jpg (79KB, 736x1026px) Image search: [Google]
dwarf blacksmith.jpg
79KB, 736x1026px
>>41114315
Because I'm trying to get to the point of exercising most of the day, not just once a day. And I want to gain gymnastic ability. I have to add a couple more things actually. The strength and stamina gains cross over though so it's not any harder really.

Oh and I do really need to lift heavy. I think I'll try to get each weight up to something like 250 reps or something before moving onto a higher weight. 1 pl8 deadlift up to 250 reps, then 2 pl8 deadlift up to 250 reps... so on and so forth. Focus on controlled eccentrics, proper form and alignment, proper weight distribution, etc. And there's no point in not going for 4/6/8/10 pl8.

>6 month timeline

>1000 push ups
>2500 squats
>2000 sit ups
>400 pull ups
>400 handstand push ups
>back and front lever
>10 minute handstand
>70 minute 10 mile
>1 hour neck/bridge
>1 hour horse stance
(I'll get to gym in a month)
>>
>>41114246
>>41114311
>>41114325

OP here, yeah I know the picture is pretty damn silly for those reasons and more, but shit like this still motivates me just because of the expression of human will/drive I guess.
>>
>>41114381
Are you being serious with those goals? Are they supposed to be one unbroken set, or throughout the whole day? I would love to see you do 250 deadlines in a row.
>>
>>41114529

tf are deadlines
>>
>>41114381

Don't go for crazy high reps. High reps is for running and swimming... unweighted exercises. Look into 10x10 routines for your stuff with the bar and let that transfer into your calisthenics.
>>
>>41114381
Just do German volume training it's awesome. He's a good scheme

Week 1 10x5
Week 2 increase a bit so it's a 10x4
Week 3 increase some more so it's 10x3.

Next cycle the 10x4 is done for 10x5 etc. oh yeah I did it full body so pick a part and an exercise and do it for that cycle, change exercises every cycle.
>>
>>41114111
what comic? looks cool
>>
>>41114311
It's also ridiculous how they have to stick something in that allows pull ups. There are enough prison work out books out there, you'd think one would have done some research by now.

>>41114111
That's a real purdy post number.
>>
>>41114620
It's from the Big Guy series published by 4U comics.
>>
File: 1230983260140.jpg (8KB, 292x173px) Image search: [Google]
1230983260140.jpg
8KB, 292x173px
It's gotten to the point now where I love the feeling of excerise and working out, I love getting a pump. If I don't train for a day or two I feel slovenly and lazy. Also fitness is the only thing I have, I'm not smart or good looking and I'll never have a job where I earn a lot of money, I'm a permavirgin an a social autist so basically the only thing I have is that I'm fitter than 95% of normalfags. It's my only bit of self esteem, and I idolise and admire fitness and exceptionally fit and dedicated individuals; all of my heroes and role-models have outstanding physical prowess.
>>
>>41114381
you are going to be working out probably for the entire day

also your weight progression idea is terrible
>>
>>41114381
are you retarded? 250 reps on dl, goodbye lower back.
>>
>>41114754
Experienced lifters do sometimes do higher rep stuff.
>>
>>41114529
Me too.
Yes serious. At 135 lbs I'll do maybe 30, rest, 30, rest, 30 to start out. Work up to two sets of say, 100, then up to one set of 250. Haven't been in the gym in a while.
My friend worked at a job where they stacked 100lb bags all day. All. Fucking. Day. He quit because his wrist got fucked up first week. But another dude was throwing that shit on the pile up to chest height with one hand, one after another, over and over again. 8+ hours a day. The more you got done the more you got paid.

Lifting for longer time/reps is the only way. 5x5 is a meme. When I was lifting I made the most progress with higher reps. Didn't lift for long and most of it was SS meme shit.
Maybe I'll post a vid in a couple months when I get back to lifting and test the program out.

>>41114581
I know not to go to failure and snap my shit, don't worry. In addition, doing weighted static holds seems like a great idea. Hold a squat near bottom but not at bottom for time. Hold a deadlift just above the ground. Start with just the bar - 135 lbs.
If my unweighted reps are incredibly high, then high weighted reps will be very good.

>>41114599
I tried 10x10 volume training for deadlift once. Minute rest. Was in a cold sweat, felt like puking, was great. Little too much though. I think I used 135 lbs, 1 month into lifting.

I'll call my method "Volume God Training" and go up to 1000 reps. Start with the bar, get up to 1000, add a pl8 and drop down to 10 - 100 reps, 10 if I need a rest. I will start from home actually, use a stick. OHP, Bench, Row, Squat, Deadlift. Replace Bench with push ups, OHP with handstand push ups, row with inverted pull ups or whatever those are called. Then I'll go to the gym.
>>
>>41114790
1 lift for 1 day, 10% reps for every other lift. say 600 reps for one, 30 - 90 reps the rest depending on development. Just start body weight or less and move up.

I will post a thread or something if you guys want to see if it works or not.
>>
>>41114790
>be new to weightlifting
>make your own workout with retarded number of reps
>do sets of 250 reps
>claim you will be able to make any progress on this shit of a routine
>because you were inspired by childrens comics
>all this while calling SS and 5x5 a fucking meme
I honestly dont know what to say to that. A ridiculous bait? A genuine retardation? Really stupid underage?
>>
File: zfWEOLB.gif (3MB, 436x184px) Image search: [Google]
zfWEOLB.gif
3MB, 436x184px
>>41114111
this mythical number!
>>
Suicidal older guy here.
No job no positive look on life.
What should I live for?
I don't want to work come home and pay off jew bankers for a overpriced brick and work till I die.
>>
File: IMG_0306.jpg (17KB, 250x241px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0306.jpg
17KB, 250x241px
>>41114790
>that guy hogging the squatrack for ten hours
>>
>>41114930
start an oral/hgh cycle to become lenny and ascend above the despair and squalor of cookie cutter existence
>>
>>41114930
>Get a Job
>get biggest loan you can.
>migrate to other land
>spend Money, fuck qts

Fuck jew Bankers, never pay back! never return!

Im not kidding, wish you cojones to do it
>>
>>41114246
it would be more realistic to you if you too were a big guy
>>
>>41114111
every fucking day, every fucking day
>wake up
>try to stand... succeed
>try to walk... fail
>hold onto something, walk couple of steps.
>get ready for work
>sit on my wheelchair and ride away

I dont Need more to be motivated, i have all i Need to get in the gym and embrace the pain.
>>
File: horse stance.jpg (173KB, 1201x1600px) Image search: [Google]
horse stance.jpg
173KB, 1201x1600px
>>41114899
>>41114944
So, double dubs, when do you want me to post my success? Want me to max on deadlift, get up to 1000 reps with 135 lbs, remax, then post how long it took and what max I got?
My inspiration was legitimate Shaolin training manuals and qi gong. I only have the pdf, no link unless I upload.

>Gym time
>Two racks open, no one in gym except someone squating
>Put 2pl8 on
>Dude in other rack snickers at me, lifting 3pl8, ignore him
>Heaves and whinnies like a horse in heat doing his 5x5 meme lifts
>Shake my head with knowing smile, "When will they learn"
>Front squat into horse stance for 20 minutes
>Slowly dawns on guy that he is no match
>Do 1000 reps of 1pl8 OHP
>Notice same guy just staring at me non-stop half way through, mouth open
>Do more of similar and go home

>Next day
>Same guy is there
>Set up deadlift for max
>Work up to 8pl8
>Hit another PR
>Dude from yesterday comes up asking for advice, teach him my method
>"Lifting is a time for meditation. The longer it is the deeper the meditation, the deeper the gains."

My seventh disciple :^)
>>
Someone who fixed themselves in a couple of years here, not egotistical enough to think I have good answers to everything but ask me shit if you like

31yo- Clinically depressed (Actually took an NHS questionnaire and found out I'd been depressed for 14 years, which was the catalyst for change), wanking and playing video games all day, no ambition or drive, shit diet, never been in a gym, no money or income, no goal or direction
32yo- I've now run two businesses and am successfully self employed, I just passed 1/2/3/4 and my health and markers for type 1 diabetes are the best they've ever been, I'm more social and less risk adverse, I have direction and pursuits and goals

It all started with fitness but it's all possible because of developed discipline. Ask me shit
>>
>>41115234
What business bruh
>>
>>41114111
>1000 pull-ups
Anyway, why are you so weak-willed that you need motivation to do stuff that is good for you?
Just fucking do it, spineless piece of shit. It's called discipline.
>>
File: 1467327435296.gif (2MB, 400x187px) Image search: [Google]
1467327435296.gif
2MB, 400x187px
Because I have always been trash. Always last picked, always coming in last place. Bring that way growing up made me shy and reserved to the point where I didn't talk to anyone.

I will not be trash any more. I will make all those cunts eat their words. I have to work harder than everyone else to achieve it. I'll use every ounce of strength I have access to now to do so. Every day I don't follow through they win. I've lost 20kg but I'm still weaker than most. I want to be someone that people look up to, not just a momentary fleck in the peripheries of their lives.

Fucking watch me.
>>
>>41115234
That structure would fall over in an earthquake (which seems likely to occur given the huge fault running through the picture)... or even with high wind loads.
>>
>>41115323
First one was selling video game licenses wholesale, second one is selling medical products commercially

>>41115388
The fault is clearly a thousand years old or more and isn't an indicator of seismic activity in said area, but granted it seems unstable. It'd also cost far more in terms of resources and effort than simply building an enclosed base level bridge and/or tunnel guarded on both sides
>>
File: b1dGXnL.jpg (182KB, 522x584px) Image search: [Google]
b1dGXnL.jpg
182KB, 522x584px
>Have qt 7/10 girl whom I want to date.
>Her mom is late 40s 10/10 milf whom I'd have to flip a coin if I ever got the opportunity to fuck her permanently ruining relationship with qt friend.
>7/10 and I started working out together.
>Her mom suggested to 7/10 that she should date me.
>7/10 says no.
>Mom says after I get into shape I'm going to be a gorgeous man, trotting around like a stallion who will need a girl to keep me grounded.
>7/10 had no response.

The fact that her mom who is your typical shallow roastie who never matured out of her teenage mean girl phase thinks my fat ass could be a gorgeous stallion of a man really gives me hope for the future. Like not even my own family has ever believed in me that hard. I have never been told I could be a stallion. I've been riding on this high for awhile now.
>>
>>41114111
>No sleep

It's like he wants to waste his gains.
>>
File: image.jpg (50KB, 640x560px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50KB, 640x560px
>>41115359
>>
>>41115762
Fuck her mother and she'll be all over you, not kidding.

In her mind you finding her mother attractive enough to sleep with is something most girls couldn't deal with.

Girls are jealous even over their own mothers/daughters
>>
>no squats
Lel
>>
>>41114657
subtle
>>
>>41114223
fantastic reasons and you will likely be the most successful of all because of them.
>>
>>41115809
Oh trust me I know for a fact she is jealous of her mom. She constantly accuses me of being in love with her mom. I always deny it because it isnt true. Id fuck her mom in an instant but Im not in love with the bitch.
>>
>>41114223
Pretty much this.

There's always changes in motivation. This girl's cute, that guy's bigger than me, I want to look good or feel strong. I can't deny there are superficial reasons that give an extra boost.

But at the end of the day it all comes down to;

There's peace in that.
>>
>>41115234
Gib advice for getting laid, or generally succeeding with women. plz.
>>
>>41114111
I kinda want to see what it's like to be /fit/, or strong. I don't care about Zyzz-tier aesthetics or bodybuilding, but I want to see what life is like at the 1/2/3/4 level.
>>
>>41114771
ye but not 250 reps you mongrel
>>
>>41115163
nice bait lul
>>
>>41114223
>>41118218

The definition of based. Thank you enlightened Anons.
>>
>>41115163
you're a moron and if you're working out in a small gym you are also an inconsiderate asshole.

get bent
>>
>>41115163
So one of your goals is to do 400 pull ups in A ROW (one set) in 6 months while being able to do 14 reps now?
>>
I lift to be the role model for my future children. I lift to feel good. To live life. So I can die any day having lived. This also includes swimming, biking, hiking.
>>
>>41115163
>"Lifting is a time for meditation. The longer it is the deeper the meditation, the deeper the gains."

post back here when you pile on the weights on your body while youre sleeping. 8 hours of total body exertion in a relaxed state. im seeing gains like you wouldnt BELIEVE
>>
>>41114567

not gonna make it
>>
File: ded.jpg (83KB, 540x374px) Image search: [Google]
ded.jpg
83KB, 540x374px
>>41114111
Being honest with you guys the only reason why I lift is because I am a piece of shit. At least that's the biggest one.

I want to be able to steal waifus in front of their bfs, I want them mires, I want to be able to carry this heavy ass shitty ego I have.
>>
Shallow reason: I wanna be mired by cute girls and make them blush when i flex

Actual reason: I find virtue and purity among the suffering when lifting heavy ass weight
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.