[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I always weigh my meat before I cook it, should I weigh it after

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: raw-burger-patty-3993916.jpg (199KB, 1300x1130px) Image search: [Google]
raw-burger-patty-3993916.jpg
199KB, 1300x1130px
I always weigh my meat before I cook it, should I weigh it after I cook it?

Its not a big deal as I am on a mega-cut so shorting myself calories is no biggie.
>>
>should I weigh it after I cook it?
It's not necessary, just make sure you're measuring oils and butter as well.

The difference between nutrients in meat before and after cooking is negligible, but 15 grams of butter or oil can be one hundred plus calories.
>>
>>41112163
I've always wondered just how to measure shit like that

>put 2tbsp of olive oil in pan to cook chicken
>chicken cooks
>still a lot of oil left in pan

How much should I put down?
>>
>>41112120
>I always weigh my meat before I cook
I tried that once, but my meat didn't fit on the scale.
>>
Meat shrinks when it's cooked.

500g of uncooked beef = ~400g cooked beef
>>
>cooking meat
>doesn't know cavemen were /fit/ af and ate raw meat
>doesn't wanna be /fit/
never gona make it bruhah
>>
>>41112185
weigh your pan first. Write down that weight somewhere convenient where you won't lose it. Then take chicken out and drip as much oil as your want from it. Weigh the pan after you cook it. Make sure no chicken is sticking to the pan. The difference between the weight of the pan after you cook and the weight of the pan before you cook is the amount of oil not used. Subtract this number from the amount of oil you measured before the entire cooking process. That is the amount of oil in the chicken when you are ready to eat it.
>>
>>41112185
>put oil in pan
>weigh pan and oil
>cook chicken
>wait for pan to cool down
>weigh pan and oil again
>>
>>41112185

I always put down the total amount I added to the pan/dish. I understand that some of the oil gets left behind, but I would rather overestimate than underestimate my calories.
>>
>>41112217
But who was scales with zeroing/taring
>>
>>41112242
The Emperor provides.
>>
>>41112120
Yoh have to wiegh it after its cooked, before you eat it. To know exactly what you just ate ya dingus
>>
>>41112203
That's pretty much entirely water though.

If you're using google to find out nutritional values by default it's going to tell you what the nutritional value of that amount of raw meat is. Say you search '100g chicken breast nutrition' into google, the result that comes up is going to be for raw chicken breast.

If you then use the drop down menu to change it to fried all the values go up because it is mostly just water that's being lost during the process.

>>41112185
You can figure out a way to put awkwardly sized pans on scales that are usually significantly smaller than the pan as others have suggested, or you can invest in measuring utensils.

With solids I daresay you'd have an easier time resetting the scale to zero with a small dish on top then adding the food.

If you're on a cut olive oil is probably the best option which you'd measure out in mls, so you just need measuring spoons.
>>
File: 1491955312777.jpg (213KB, 924x700px) Image search: [Google]
1491955312777.jpg
213KB, 924x700px
>>41112185
>he doesn't prepare every meal in a lab so he can perform matrix-assisted laser desorption/ionization in his local universities MALDI TOF mass spectrometer after cooking to consult the chromatogram for proteinogenic amino acid mass readings.
>>
>>41112320
Oh and as for 'leftover oil' I personally like to drizzle it over whatever I'm eating.
This guy has the right idea for a cut: >>41112229 but if you're on a pretty high deficit already you want to be accurate otherwise those small underestimates will add up and before you know it you'll have intense cravings.
>>
>>41112120
Weigh it after, most meat is pumped full of water which evaporates. Just find calories for the meat cooked in whichever method of cooking you used
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.