[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you really need breakfast? I'm trying to lose like 15

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: West.jpg (46KB, 595x615px) Image search: [Google]
West.jpg
46KB, 595x615px
Do you really need breakfast?

I'm trying to lose like 15 pounds. My brothers are all skinny AF and that's because they are basement dwellers that go for hours in their room without eating.

I on the other hand think about food all the time, and this is because I used to have an ED. I had it grilled into my head basically that if I skip meals, I can die. Objectively I know this is bullshit, but I've been so brainwashed I feel terrible if I skip a meal.

Lately I've stopped eating breakfast because I can go a while without eating in the morning, and while I don't feel bad, I feel like it's bad for me. I'm not sure if it's a good idea to keep up with this, but it's an easy way for me to cut a significant amount of calories from my diet.

/fit/ help me get straightened about all this please.
>>
>>41104421
not really no but you won't lose weight faster because you don't eat breakfast. start counting calories instead and you can easily eat whenever you want as long as you stay under your TDEE
>>
>>41104777
yeah but what i'm saying is it helps me cut calories easily, cause it's easy for me to fast in the morning.

it's much harder for me to count calories well throughout the day.
>>
>>41104821
then don't eat it.

how is it hard to count throughout the day? if you go to school/work you can make food in advance and weight it at home and you'll know exactly how much you've eaten.

come on now. table scale costs like 15$.
>>
>>41104833
it's complicated, i've been recovering from my ED for about 5-6 years now and counting calories just doesn't work for me. so many methods of dieting i've tried and failed at.
>>
>>41104884
buy leafy greens and eat them as much as you want. they hardly have any calories and will fill you up. if you want to feel even fuller buy some carbonated water and drink it. or drink normal water. being always hydrated will suppress your hunger feeling quite a lot.

when i was cutting and feeling hungry all the time i'd eat a shit ton of broccoli and dunk it in mustard. hardly any calories and REALLY filling.
>>
>>41104932
Yeah thanks for the tip, i'll try that out
>>
File: 765456789.jpg (32KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
765456789.jpg
32KB, 480x480px
Question.
I've been skinny all my life, but a couple of months ago I started working out and bulking. I've made noticeable gains luckily, but I also gained some belly fat.
How to I burn this shit and keep increasing muscle size? I work 8 hours a day (sitting in a desk, so I can't count calories) and workout 4 times a week, with 15 minutes cardio in the end of each workout. The belly fat it's still there, despite this.

What do?
>>
>>41105073
eat less. aim to gain 1 lbs every 2-3 weeks to minimize fat gain. also do some cardio after lifting. any type of cardio is fine be it running, cycling, rowing, etc. 30 min is plenty. never go above 15% bf. if you hit it just cut down before bulking again.

how much muscle you can gain depends on how long you have been lifting for so you'll have to adjust that. if you haven't been lifting for very long then the above 1 lbs per 2-3 weeks is fine.
>>
>>41105309
In three months I gained 15 pounds. The guy at the gym said my body fat was around 10% (used that scale which has a holder on where you grab it to measure that fat in the body). And I look at my body and the fat appeared to accumulate in the belly and on the side, right above my butt.

But if I eat less, won't I take the risk of losing muscle?

Btw, i'm taking 2 scoops of mass gainer and 3 scoops of whey, but starting today I changed to 1.5 scoop of mass gainer and 3.5 scoops of whey.
>>
>>41104777
>start counting calories instead and you can easily eat whenever you want as long as you stay under your TDEE

my god, this dogma really needs to die.
>>
>>41105633
just read this https://rippedbody.com/how-to-bulk/

15 lbs in 3 months is too much. that's almost 1.5 lbs/week. if you are natty and a noob, you can't gain more than 0.5 lbs/0.25kg of muscle per week. what you have been gaining was more fat than muscle with that.
>>
>>41105633
>But if I eat less, won't I take the risk of losing muscle?

not if you don't lose more than 1% of your bw per week. 0.7% seems to be a good target to hit according to this study https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21558571
>>
>>41105722
But I made an evaluation before bulking an I had 3% more bf.

>>41105751
So each week I need to measure myself in order to see if I need to cut or bulk depending on % of bf lost?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.