[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is my deadlift so much worse than my squat? Squat 155

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: Angry Pepe.jpg (2KB, 133x133px) Image search: [Google]
Angry Pepe.jpg
2KB, 133x133px
Why is my deadlift so much worse than my squat?
Squat 155 5x5
Deadlift 135 5x5
>>
>>41098796
because it's likely in your head. you can probably do 205 if you really wanted to. just try it? it's supposed to be difficult dont forget
>>
>>41098796
pls be in kg
>>
>>41098815
This
>>
>>41098815
>>41098796
joking aside op, if those lifts are in lb then there is no significant difference. theyre both equally as novice tier. just get stronger and theyll even out
>>
>>41098815
Its lbs.
I'm just a skinny fat weakling.
>>
>>41098796
90% chance you're squatting high. Any time a beginner has a squat significantly higher than their dead, it's nearly always because they aren't actually breaking parallel. They think they are, but then they record themselves from the side and realize the mirror in front of them gives a deceptive view.

>>41098812
Also this. Are you an adult male, OP? If you are, it's pretty much impossible for 135 5x5 to be your true limits on deadlift, unless you've been in a coma for a couple years.
>>
>>41098871
I'm a teenager
>>
>>41098894
How old? 13 is maybe excusable, 19 is concerning.
>>
>>41098910
I'm eleven.
>>
>>41098919
That's an impostor
also 11 isnt a teenager dipshit
>>
>>41098796
If it's in lbs and you just started it's fine. If it's in kgs you're doing breddy ok. I'd look at some videos to see if your form is fucked up. Some things which helped me get my deadlift up were form and technique improvements.

Get bar over mid foot about an inch away from your shin. Push your shins against the bar and lower your butt until you can get a grip on the bar just outside of your knees. Pull up slightly and feel your glutes, quads and hamstrings tense up a bit. When you go to do the deadlift you pull your body back a little bit continuing to load up tension in your posterior chain almost like you're falling back. Don't let your hips pop up separately if you can. Then you drive your heels down into the ground hard and when it begins lifting off the ground you pull up shortly thereafter. It almost feels like you're trying to do a leg press backwards and then pulling the weight into you. Heavier weights will keep you stabilized better than shorter weight.
>>
>>41098865
Don't even worry then. Just keep adding weight every session
>>
>>41099051
I've been adding 10 lbs to my squat every week but my deadlifts havent gone up in weeks
>>
>>41098796
With the DL make sure your legs and your back straighten at the same time
If you lock your legs first you're not gonna pull as much as you could.
>>
>>41098919
Nigga, you are too young to be on this board. Since you are young start mewing.
>>
>>41099153
that's not me
>>
>>41098796
>135
how was your first day at the gym?
>>
>>41099139
Stop doing 5x5 on deads you idiot. There's a reason why most novice strength programs have you just doing 1x5
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.