[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've applied to join the army, the regiment I've applied

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

I've applied to join the army, the regiment I've applied for needs me to run 1.5 miles in 9 or less minutes. I can currently only run 1.5 miles in 12 minutes.

Is is possible for me to lose 3 minutes on my run time in 8 weeks time? How intense am I going to need to train?
>>
>>41096199
Possible, hardly.
You have to do interval sprint/jog, on various distances (100m, 200m, 400m, 800m - 20 min jog - hill sprints) and time frames.
Work on your running technique, A - B -C skips.
4 times a week, 1 time heavy squats/pull-up/push-up.
>>
>>41096199
>mfw

Man here everyone has to join the army and everyone hates it.
I never understood why foreigners go voluntarily into the army.

>inb4 patriotism
>>
>>41096982
Basic training wasn't too bad. Met a lot of cool people and learned a lot. Was a good experience even though parts of it completely sucked.
>>
File: 1489376322213.jpg (56KB, 640x701px) Image search: [Google]
1489376322213.jpg
56KB, 640x701px
>>41096199

So you have to run an average of 6 MPH for 9 minutes? Pretty achievable for anyone whose body isn't fucked up. Might have to get off weights while you do it to focus your energy and recovery on cardio.

I haven't ran in awhile so I'm not sure but I would go online and look at track workouts for the 1600 and 3200M race. Sprints of 40-200M will likely waste your time making you fast while you need to be focusing on endurance because 6 MPH isn't that fast for 1.5 miles. When I was in HS to letter for cross country we needed 18 min for 3 miles which is 6 minute miles for 2x the distance you need to go. This is doable anon. A good running book that comes to mind (that's unnecessary for your goals) is Slow Burn by Stu Mittleman.

Pic not related.
>>
>drying for zog
chump kike puppet
>>
>>41097732
Lol no that's 10mph for 9minutes
>>
File: fit with emi.jpg (2MB, 4268x3100px) Image search: [Google]
fit with emi.jpg
2MB, 4268x3100px
>>41096199
What country?
>>
>>41098155
Useless for what OP has to pass as a test.
>>
>>41096982
>Decent pay
>Medical benefits
>housing
>GI bill

The clearance you get and contractors you meet will easily line you up for a 100k+ job when you get out. Also you're not leeching off of the exertions of real men.
>>
>>41096199
>the regiment I've applied for needs me to run 1.5 miles in 9 or less minutes.

If this is the minimum standard, the people who actually make it through probably have times significantly lower.

Look up the pass rates for people who have made it though. If you need more time, ask for a deferral ASAP. 1.5 miles so i'm guessing USAF related?

Any 2 mile track workout will do as long as you're pushing yourself every day.
>>
Just run a lot. Standard middle/long distance running just says mile on miles and you'll see times drop. Assuming you're young and havent run before so start running a mile or so daily and work your way up to like 40mi (65km)/week where one day is 20% of weekly mileage or greater (8 miles, 13ish km). basically to get faster at that distance you have to do a lot of endurance, AEROBIC running
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.