[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Want to get into asian martial arts cause I'm a bruce

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: Feel_b4302f_5380044.png (134KB, 500x454px) Image search: [Google]
Feel_b4302f_5380044.png
134KB, 500x454px
>Want to get into asian martial arts cause I'm a bruce lee fan
>judo, kyokushin karate, chinese boxing all that good shit
>the only things in my vicinity is boxercise, something that looks like those mcdojo vids you see on YouTube, BJJ and TKD

Fucking kill me i live in meme city senpai
>>
>>41095313
Where do you live op?
>>
>>41095356
Fucking Norway
>>
File: file.png (229KB, 507x338px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
229KB, 507x338px
>>41095380
sucks
>>
>>41095313
you wont learn how to fight for shit doing that. Travel further if you have to
>>
>>41095483
I know

>>41095543
You want me to travel all the way to Shaolin?
>>
move to thailand
Muay thai gyms cheap as fuck but you'll learn to kick ass in 2 weeks no bullshit
>>
File: photo.jpg (86KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
86KB, 900x900px
>>41095711
Does Thailand count as Asian though?
>>
Contrary to popular belief, the best self defense there ever is or was is always vigilance.

learn to assess threats before it could happen, and believe it or not it all starts with eye contact, not a stare down, mind you, but that split second eye contact.

The point is you let people know that you 'know' that you are aware of them, this reduces their willingness to 'jump' you, not only this but you should and always try to avoid fights, but you do not deny them, you do not tell yourself that 'I'm never gonna be in a real life and death scenario anyway', you should never live in denial, no matter where you live, it doesnt matter that youre living in a first world country, shit will always try to make things happen.

Heres a basic rundown how to survive

1. is always Vigilance, assess them before it happens, and always do your best to try and avoid fights, steer confrontations from fist fights, apologize if you must, a slightly scratched ego is better than getting stabbed.

2. learn Boxing, I dont give a shit what people say around here, but Boxing IS the best striking art there is for a normie, enrolling in almost any boxing class will give you balance and coordination which is very important more so than power when it comes to life and death

Note; I said 'normie', there are alot of more complicated striking arts which are arguably better than boxing in most cases, but to attain that level you must be a competing fighter, so for people with jobs and only have a few time per week to spare, boxing is actually your best bet, you benefit so much for so little time.

2.5 If its a boxing gym with only a couple of sparring PER MONTH, quit it ASAP, its a fucking boxercise gym, a good way to know if youre in the right place is if your place is having sparrings ATLEAST once or twice a week.

cont.
>>
>>41095739
3. Ground work Bjj, Judo or wrestling, this will almost 80% of the time allow you to come on top in a street fight (aspalt and all) but is very situational compared to striking, you use this when you want to skip all the bullshit and just end the fight as quickly as possible, BUT you do not use this when your aggressor is with a group, you dont want to get your head kicked in.

Note; You do not prefer one over the other, train them together.

4. EDCs, knives, whistles, tasers, sprays, the works. Almost any knife with at maximum 4 inch of blade length can be passed off as a 'tool', if you ever decide to bring an EDC, YOU MUST ALWAYS bring it with you, it doesnt matter where, you must have it at all times, its always better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

Also, it doesnt mean that you carry a knife that you must personally SEEK confrontations, just go fuck yourself

>BUT WHAT ABOUT /fit/? CAN I INTIMIDATE PEOPLE WITH MY MUSCLES?

As Mike Tyson once said "weights have as much resemblance to punching power as a cheesecake"

For the reason for this, you have to go deep on why being buffed doesnt necessarily scare people

the main reason for this would be; Ego. especially for criminals or people with ill intent, they are not scared of your muscles, they see it as a challenge, and will make them want to confront you as a group instead, having a big physique intimidates them but doesnt trigger a flight response, but rather the opposite, these people will want to see you fall, they want to humiliate you, especially when youre with your girl, they want to assert dominance.

dont get me wrong, being 6'6 has its perks, but people will bleed out the same when slashed in the thighs, people will fall the same when their knees are pushed in, or their throats smacked

5. maybe redundant with #1 but, NEVER LIVE IN DENIAL

I want to say that you should never get comfortable, ever, but that maybe pushing it, just get this, never live in denial
>>
>>41095739
>>41095751
>Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong.

6. motivation

http://www.mwkworks.com/onsheepwolvesandsheepdogs.html

actually just read this once in your life, should touch you in a weird kind of way.

7. guts

When everything is all said and done, when you've trained enough, you've started to carry a knife, or have decided to finally be more aware, it still comes down to whether youre willing what to do what it takes to survive, and 'what it takes' doesnt always feel nice.

>Are you willing to use your skills to bring down your aggressor?
>Are you willing to use these skills to hit the throat, the knee, the shins, the eyes, the ears, the balls in order to put yourself in an advantage?
>Are you willing to put these skills aside and just apologize to avoid a physical confrontation?
>are you willing to get your ego a bit damaged?
>are you willing to use that knife when it comes to it and never pull it out until the body stops twitching?
>are you willing to take down your aggressor on an aspalt ground?
>are you willing to run for your life and leave a crime scene?

obviously this applies to the most extreme of cases but should be treated the same nonetheless

99. GET A FUCKING GUN
>>
>>41095313
>something that looks like those mcdojo vids you see on YouTube

Tell us more, OP
>>
>>41095832
They just call it ' gjovik kung fu', it looks fucking awful
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.