[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone here who has experience with tendonitis? I've had

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: dq.jpg (30KB, 220x185px) Image search: [Google]
dq.jpg
30KB, 220x185px
Anyone here who has experience with tendonitis?

I've had it in my thumb area since december and the pain is fucking killing my life, I can hardly do any day to day activities without this swollen, painful piece of shit hand making my life miserable..

I havent worked out in a year now but I do ride horses and the doctor said that the tendonitis is a result of the constant pulling of the leash. I cannot give up riding as it is basically what gives my life meaning and I own 2 horses.

I've been getting injected with- and taken anti flamatory pills but nothing seems to help. as soon as the swollenness chills out a bit, some stupid small thing like a tiny pull og that I sleep on it kickstarts it all over again.

WHAT DO PLZ HELP IM MISERABLE
>>
bump of pain and misery
>>
It shouldn't be permanent. I was PTing in the Navy (dumb ass gym regulations, no certified "trainer" aboard our station) and tried deadlifting with an EZ curl bar.

>inb4 dumbass

Anyway, got tendonitis for 2 months on my left wrist. Was prescribed some stuff (tramadol, ibuprofen) and it never came back since. I also had a brace for it. Let it rest and don't strain it, it should go away and shouldn't come back. If it does, rinse and repeat, i.e. let it rest.
>>
>>41090979
its swollen constantly for almost half a year now. it's probably because I keep riding the horse which is what fucked it up in the first place, but at this point in my life I can't just quit until I'm better. how long did you rest before it was gone for good? did you do any exercises?
>>
>>41091000
I had to make some sacrifices and lift light and keep my brace on every day. It went away eventually after about 2 months.

Go see a doc, if not then get a brace as well or maybe wrap it so it has some support. I don't recommend aggravating it in any way for a while, IMO.
>>
Got it in my right hip doing dolphin kikes. Just lay off it, seriously it sucks, but avoid doing any exercise with the affected tendon.
>>
I've had this exact thing for months because of my job.

I'm a mailman and carry bundles of mail in my left hand for hours each day.

tried a wrist support bandage with the thumb hole for weeks, but did nothing to help.
I've finally found a good treatment for it that is slowly making it better.
Get a bandage or thick piece of elastic fabric, and strap your thumb down to your palm. Wear it 24/7 or as close to 24/7 as you can. Stops accidentally overstretching it and causing it to flare up again.

I stitched a keyring onto the elastic to slip over my middle finger so it keeps it on even when asleep.
>>
Yeah I had this in my wrist when I PT'd for the Army, got me outta doing pushups for a good 2 months but I couldn't do curls or anything at the gym so it sucked hard. Literally just don't use the muscle and it'll be good as new
>>
>>41090946
OP I have sympathy for you. Back around Thanksgiving something happened to my wrist while doing OHP. It was mildly annoying at first but I went to the campus health clinic and they just told me to rest it and ice it and it would go away. Around christmas I had rolled over on it while sleeping and it was the worst pain in my entire life. It was like somebody stuck a knife directly into my wrist.

I had to go back to the clinic two more times before they would give me any sort of wrist brace which I had to wear pretty much 24/7 before it healed two months later.

Finally got back into OHP three weeks ago and I'm feeling the familiar early symptoms on my wrist again. Funny thing is that I was benching and everything just fine for months.

Anyway, sorry I don't have any advice I can give you besides rest it, ice it, and keep it restrained or braced. And pray.
>>
>>41090946
I had it but i went to the doctor and got a cortisone shot. Went away after a day or so and never came back
>>
I had it in my thumb. It got to the point where I took three weeks off of work back in January. Lel unpaid they said it happened outside of the job... I lift boxes all night. Ice, stretching, steroids didn't work. Eventually went to some hand doctor and he gave me a shot. Went away completely and now three months later still feels perfectly fine.
>>
>>41091392
So you dont use your thumb all day?
>>
>>41090946
Couldn't lift for 2 months after getting it.
It's gone now and I can lift again. I didn't get weaker, used machines instead.
>>
got the same thing right now actually, i think from benching with a bent bar that rolled in my hands
>>
>>41090946
No, but I had my hand/wrist crushed and broken in a moto accident, had 2 surgeries, months of physical therapy, plates and screws, permanent nerve damage, overall permanent structural damage/weakness and don't bitch about anywhere NEAR as much as you just did over some stupid little tendinitis
Grow the fuck up you overgrown child, go learn what real pain is ffs
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.