[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can I improve my kinesthetic sense and proprioception? I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

How can I improve my kinesthetic sense and proprioception?
I've readed some sites about these things, but I want to know if there's some special technic or something like that.
>>
First you have to tell me what you want it for.
>>
What for? This sense isn't really a skill, you can't really train yourself to sense better. What practical applications for this are you looking to gain from this?

ok, maybe practice navigating your home with a blindfold, or yoga?
>>
>>41088364
>>41088403
Not OP, things like gymnastics or diving or snowboarding would all be good to have a high kinesthetic awareness
>>
>>41088431
True, but is that really what you're training? I mean is there any carryover from say, balancing on a rope to snowboarding? and is that carryover a result of a hightened sense or just training in keeping balance? can we measure this stuff?
I thought this question was a bit silly at first but it raises so many more questions.
>>
>>41088364
I want to get into GRUMEC, a special force from Brazil. Looks like Navy Seal.

>>41088403
I'm blind all the time that my life allow me, and I'm getting better.

>>41088431
I'm swimming and praticing parkour, it's help me, I think. Might be placebo, too.
>>
>>41088451
I really like snowboarding and have always been pretty uncoordinated and clumsy.
Ive really struggled with getting into flips and spins, I think its probably partly because of my bad kinestheic awareness.

>>41088459
Surely for getting into special forces, your kinesthetic awareness is the least of your worries.
Training fitness and calisthenics would be way more important wouldn't it?
>>
>>41088482
>training fitness and calisthenics would be way more important wouldn't it?

I'm already doing it.
>>
>>41088482
For coordination you could try dancing, (Fun cardio, pick up qt's, and teaches coordination)

But for real man if I were you I'd work on running, swimming, pullups, pushups and sit ups, Military fitness seems to be 100% cardio and calisthenics, at least add them to your parkour routine,I wish you good luck in getting into GRUMEC.
>>
>>41088506
Well, Im sure its all useful for getting in. Gl man
>>
>>41088459
>I want to get into GRUMEC, a special force from Brazil. Looks like Navy Seal.

Well, I have been an acrobat for 14 years (gymnast since 13) and it definitely is fun and helps you "break out of the box" physically which i think a lot of /fit/ people desperately need, but it's still largely sport specific.

I would just focus mostly on developing your cardiovascular endurance and strength and maybe go to the local gymnastics club now and then and play on the trampolines or something. Learn a backflip. Try slacklining or indo boards or something - you can build an indo board at lowe's for like 30 bucks with a plank of wood and some pvc pipe.
>>
>>41088556
>I have been an acrobat for 14 years (gymnast since 13)

How tall are you?
>>
>>41088306
I performed Felatio Hornblower on a urinal mint I fished out of the bathroom at my local Walmart. I thought that it would taste like lime since it smelled like one and it was green, unfortunately I was mistaken. I think the worst part was having the residual piss drip into the back of my mouth when I realized that this latest "progressive trend" I kept hearing about on my college campus was ultimately wrong. Anyway. After I spit the mint out, back into the urinal, I promptly threw up as I was standing up. Yes...all over the handle where you push to flush the thing. I checked for paper towels to clean it up but I guess the janitor hadn't stopped by yet so I did what any normal person would do in this situation... Or at least my definition of "normal." I scooped up what I could using my hands in a cupping motion and hid the pinkish paste in the baby diaper change station that was conveniently folded down. I closed the station, attaching it to the wall, and left as fast as I could. Fucking sucks because on the way out I remembered I needed to buy a toothbrush and Walmart is the only store near me, the gas stations I checked didn't carry any for some reason. So here I am with the flavor of puke and urinal mint still in my mouth on a Saturday night. It's an abstract feel not quite as abstract as a Van Gogh painting, but a feel none the less.
>>
File: 1490887674082.png (18KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1490887674082.png
18KB, 500x500px
>>41088571
>>
>>41088571
>>
>>41088567
5'9". I have manlet genes though so I don't think tumbling did any extra damage there

I wasn't training for the Olympics or anything I just like doing flips
>>
>>41088696
Pls help trying to get running full before tryouts in 3 weeks
>>
File: IMG_1513.jpg (53KB, 641x530px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1513.jpg
53KB, 641x530px
>>41088571
>>
>>41088751
Front full? what skills do you have right now?

front fulls are simple just stay tight and keep your arms in. Tuck your chin towards the twist and don't forget to set.

for back full pretty much same thing applies just make sure your roundoff bhs is good and hollow hard out of the bhs. above all keep practicing and conditioning
>>
>>41088843
Tyvm
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.