[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/fat/ - Fatty General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 324
Thread images: 53

Moldy bread >>41070592

Who is /fat/ for? Fat members of /fit/ who want
>Lose weight
>Get a more /fit/ body by lifting weights
>Autistically change your diet to some ultra vegetable no sweets autism because extremism is always good am i right ;^)
Here we ask others for advice and give moral support to one another if you are too weak to survive solo. We all know losing weight when you are fat is easy if you just reduce calorie intake, literally piece of cake. At the end of the day this is a support general whose goal is to help and motivate the chubby channers who need to lose weight for a number of reason. Please be warned that there are some chronic idiots who post in this general giving horrible advice to troll or to reassure their extremist autism works for themselves, don't bother, always remember calorie intake, if it is lesser than how many calories your body burns you ll be fine.
And remember, if you are a loser when fat you ll still be a loser if you are thin, your weight isn't the problem.

>Sticky
>Even though it is easier to ask, ignore the read the sticky fags
>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
http://fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)
>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
If you eat 500 less than that daily you lose weight, can go lower but never very low
https://tdeecalculator.net/
>Plan your weight loss week by week
http://www.losertown.org/eats/cal.php
>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones
https://www.myfitnesspal.com/
>>
File: OP.jpg (31KB, 425x365px) Image search: [Google]
OP.jpg
31KB, 425x365px
>>41083084
Good morning /fat/, I've been up all night and I'm about to pass out.

>i'm still 1k under my daily goal
>I can actually have a din din when I wake up
>feels comfy men
>>
>>41083084
Forgive me /fat/her for I have sinned.

I went to the all you can eat sushi buffet yesterday and stuffed my face. Lots of fried, reasy, fatty food, and of course sushi. Ended the meal with sweet buns and icecream.
That's probably 5000 calories in one meal, and I usually eat 1500-1600 a day.
>>
>>41083205
Its alright dude. The ice cream really killed it doe
>>
>>41083205
i wanted to do the same thing before my fast, but with nothing but meats, no carbs, tldr no one wanted to go so im fasting anyway
>>
>>41083084
Forgive me, I've been eating very well since new years, but went to a party and consumed 6000 calories last night. 280lbs NYE, 250 thursday. I'm scared to step on the scale. Should I just eat normal and weigh myself tomorrow or should I step on the scale today and see the damage?
Whole large pizza, large butterfinger milkshake, a fifth of Stoli, and a 2L of soda. I used to do that for one of 3 meals every day before I changed my diet. I feel monumentally worse than I should for a single slip up, but holding an extreme mindset (I think I gained 5 actual pounds of fat last night) helped me so far.
>>
I tore my acl and getting surgery soon. Cant go to the gym for a while.
Im fat so can I cut or will I lose a lot of muscle mass?
>>
Who here isn't fat but just likes to hang out here and give advice instead of at QTDDTOT?
>>
Made some quorn fish fingers (about 140 calories for 4) with BBQ sauce and some drained stew with quorn mince, red cabbage, scotch bonnet, courgette and mushroom. Made the stew with veg stock, garlic granules, salt and chili powder. Was mint, and probably only about 500 calories at most.

Calories today probably going to end up around 1500 at the high end. Very nice.
>>
>>41083286
Don't be a pussy and get on those scales. You fucked up and it may have stalled you for a week or two at worst. Just live with it and don't do it regularly or you're not going to make it.
>>
>>41083084
I'm trying to lose weight again.
First time was in 10th grade, quit because of school.
Second time was in 12th grade. By far my best try, felt like a fucking god while doing it. Calisthenics all week round, no rest days.
Ate 6 eggs a day, a chicken breast and a family's worth of sallad.
Was 95-100kgs at the end. Started at 110. Lasted for approx 3 months plus one month of stalling.
Come to think of it the only reason I lost the weight was because I made sure no matter how much I progressed I was always completely exhausted by the end of the workout.
I stalled out because between school issues and losing weight I forgot that I actually have to eat less. And I eventually gave up completely.
It was literally the best period of my entire life. I was feeling so good, when I tried weed during that time, it had the effects of cocaine on me.
Third time was around october last year, broke my foot pinkie during an earthquake.
Trying again now.
There's been other attempts but they were too unsuccesful to remember.
After all these years of battling my anxiety and being close to winning I still have this diseased mass on me. I am convinced it's my final battle. I will never be happy as long as I am fat and unfit.
I will never stop trying.
>>
Keep losing inches, but weight on the scale isn't dropping. Not really lifting either so it's not like I'm replacing fat with muscle. Bodies are weird.
>>
>>41083295
Pls help
>>
>>41083412
>>41083620
>>41083644
you can just cut. obviously you cant really do anything with your legs, work on upper body while you recover
>>
>>41083084
Any flat footed fatties here? How do you get /fit/? Bonus points: How do you do it if you have a job at a warehouse
>>
>3 days till i weight myself for week total
>now 110.6
lul diet is so fucking easy, and i even ate ice cream :3
>>
>>41083883
Cool thx
>>
File: 1491787444991.png (386KB, 957x598px) Image search: [Google]
1491787444991.png
386KB, 957x598px
>>41083084
tfw addicted to pizza and pills
>>
>>41083084
>fasted for a day
>make a big breakfast
>two bites in
>GUT BUSTING FULL
wew
>>
I'm 6'1 and 228
If I drop to like 170ish will I have the loose skin meme
>>
I fucking overate today, holidays always ruin my cut. I just can't deny myself all this delicious easter food. I'm fucking weak, 4 days in a row of caloric surplus, I don't know what to do. My family isn't helping with all that "you're so skinny now, eat this cake, I insist", I know it's not their fault, but they aren't making it easier. I feel bloated as fuck, probably added 4 pounds of pure fat. I feel like shit and want to cry. Today I went to the gym and did my workout plus an hour of cardio and STILL exceeded my TDEE. I was so close to my goal weight and now I set myself back again. Maybe I'll wake up at 6 am and do some cardio to make up at least a little. Is it a good idea?
>>
>>41084246
Mate, don't sweat it. There will always be holidays and there will always be temptations to cheat. After you've been cutting for awhile you need a break, anyways to repair your hormones and bring your metabolism back up to normal.

Just pick 2 weeks every 2-3 months to eat at maintenance, and try to make it fall on a holiday.

We're in this long term, so plan for the long term.
>>
I've been doing intermittent fasting lately and it's helped me immensely with my own self control to not pig out on food. Already lost 4 pounds this week. Coupling it with lifting a few times a week.

5'9 188 pounds, used to be 160 pounds in high school running cross country
>>
File: image.jpg (285KB, 1536x1536px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
285KB, 1536x1536px
>>41083518
>when youre so fat you break your pinky from an earthquake you caused
>>
File: 1490190027511.jpg (70KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1490190027511.jpg
70KB, 720x960px
>>41084202
Yeah your guts are going to look like nuts
>>
File: 1328532003826.jpg (27KB, 313x324px) Image search: [Google]
1328532003826.jpg
27KB, 313x324px
>Eat a bunch of chicken last night
>Drink some beer against my better judgement
>Pass out
>Wake up, piss, and weigh myself
>Lost half a pound
>Mfw
>>
>>41084277
I'm just sick of this, it took me over a year to lose 21 kilos with those little weight bumps along the way, I weigh fucking 65 kgs (at least used to before coming home) (I'm 5'9 so don't judge) and still feel like a fatty, not because of the weight/fat, but because of this mindset and constant 4000 calories appetite. I wanted to drop to 63 kilos before May but the long term goal is to adapt to eating at maintenance and do a lean bulk but that won't probably happen because summer. Will I have to monitor my food intake for the rest of my life? I just want it to feel natural to eat normal portions.
>>
>>41084343
what if I just eat boiled acorns
>>
>>41084379
>65 kgs
>5'9
nigger stop cutting
you're approaching auschwitz skeleton territory

>Will I have to monitor my food intake for the rest of my life? I just want it to feel natural to eat normal portions.
over the years, your body will adapt and get used to smaller portion size.
>>
>>41084355
Dehydrated
not lost fat
fucking retard
>>
>>41084493
I want to be 63 kg auchwitz though, I am 100% set on that weight, I just want to get there fast and eat maintenance for a while. I am frustrated with being so close yet still gaining pounds on holidays.
>>
>>41084565
You're going to be treading water with that mindset mate. I wish you all the luck man, don't burn yourself out trying to reach that goal.
>>
>>41083102
>din din

Kys
>>
read the sticky and the part about the alcohol consumption without fucking up too bad.
i haven't drank in a week and plan on drinking next saturday and so correct me if i'm wrong

so avoid carbs and just eat a shit ton of protein?
i plan on drinking half a fifth.
>>
I weighted myself this morning and 2kg down this week. Had a sausage and egg McMuffin. I don't regret it. It was delicious and I haven't had one in months.
>>
>>41084320
N-nice bully, but I just sprinted it into the edge of my bed. You can cut yourself opn my bed's edge, it wasn't blunted at all. It broke clean off at a 45 degree angle from right under my last knucle towards the next. No fragments. I have no idea how it didn't rip the skin.
>>
>>41083084
Lost ten pounds this week. Feel free to worship me as your god.
>>
>>41084691
>so avoid carbs and just eat a shit ton of protein?
I don't even look at carbs. Doesn't matter too much unless you're doing a specific diet (keto, lowcarb for instance) The main thing to look at is calories and protein consumption. If you get those right carbs and fats just sort themselves out.
>>
File: angry_pepe.jpg (65KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
angry_pepe.jpg
65KB, 900x900px
>2013
>start going to the gym at 320
>drop to 190
>fuck up and gain it all back
>340 lbs since 2015
>2 years later nothing changed

there is nothing as de-motivating as having to start all fucking over the thoughts alone makes me not go to the gym anymore fuck this
>>
Just binged, want to kill myself. Don't do it bros
>>
File: imayoyo.png (2MB, 3476x1088px) Image search: [Google]
imayoyo.png
2MB, 3476x1088px
>>41084808
I feel some of that mate. I always enjoyed the gym, the problem was the dieting and eating, and maintaining a lifting schedule. It's demoralizing, but I just keep on keeping on, hoping one day I'll stick to it. Nothing else to do besides to try again and do it right this time.
>>
>>41084829
>being this retarded you regret your choices
Lmao, i binge and still lose weight and dont mind.

But of course brainwashed cucks like you have to end up in self hate because you listen to others xd
>>
>start a diet around a year ago
>lose 40kg
>finally start to look like a human being (80kg for 6'1)
>can't for shit lose another 10kg to finally achieve my goal
I work out three times a week and eat around 1200-1500 calories except for my drinking days. Is the bullet to the head the only option for me?
>>
>>41085106
Isnt 80kg already kinda low at 6'1?
>>
>>41084808
How did you fuck up? did you just stop counting calories or what?
>>
>>41085106
>except for my drinking days
>>
>>41085106
Man im 185cm/82kg ottermode
>>
>>41085307
This >>41085106
Cut out drinking days for now
>>
File: lastrep.gif (999KB, 250x197px) Image search: [Google]
lastrep.gif
999KB, 250x197px
>>41084843
>6'2"
>260
>loose skin
>>
>>41085353
My highest recorded was 280. That's just where I was when I first found the sticky.
>>
>>41083617
Weight's a really shitty metric to go by, in my opinion. The range in which your weight can randomly fluctuate, combined with potential inaccuracies in your scale, generally far exceeds the amount of weight you're likely going to be losing every week, and this is even more true the more overweight you are. Therefore, weight is a pretty inconsistent and often times disheartening/deceptive measure of progress. Tape method is far more reliable, and goobi aprovedâ„¢.
>>
Lost 25 pounds in a month brahs, we're all gonna make it
>>
>>41085450
are you only eating 1000 cal a day?
>>
>>41084691
If possible, try be sober or at least as sober as possible by the time you go to bed. The biggest detriment to gains from alcohol is its effect on sleep quality and quantity. So start drinking early and stop early.
>>
>>41085505
800, and I go on 2 hour long brisk walks every morning, according to the app that came with my phone I burn about 700 calories a day doing that. I also have massive cheat meals every weekend
>>
File: 2i131w1.jpg (30KB, 620x350px) Image search: [Google]
2i131w1.jpg
30KB, 620x350px
>have high blood sugar
>take medicine to take care of it
>now have low blood sugar
I can't win.
>>
File: progress.jpg (97KB, 500x950px) Image search: [Google]
progress.jpg
97KB, 500x950px
How often do you weigh yourself?
>>
>>41085684
Isn't keto what you should be doing if you're pre-diabetic or diabetic?
>>
>>41085862
daily but i only keep track of weekly weigh ins.
??? 311
3.20 309.6
3.27 304.7
4.3 301
4.10 298
today 295.4
>>
>posted in fit in 2012
>never counted calories but lost weight by eating less
>only thing I really changed about my diet permanently was switching to diet coke
I gained it all back but holy fuck am I glad I stopped with the coke, I can't imagine how huge I would be adding soft drinks to the mix
>>
>>41085862
>progress pic
>of a scale
>over 2 weeks

Not fucking you again.
Progress pics exist to illustrate PROGRESS, as in detectable visual changes in your body. You might as well type this shit out, nobody's going to doubt an obese fuck was able to fluctuate by 5kg. You progressed from fat to fat, are you expecting a pat on the head and a gold star?
>>
>>41086016
I'm going to keep doing it just to annoy you now
>>
Diet is hard but it is worth it dudes.
>>
>>41085862
Used to do it every day like an autistic. Now I just do it whenever and note the date.
>>
Reduced my deficit today and going back to lifting and exercising a bit more. I wanna try get into skateboarding now that I'm not super fat
>>41086029
Yeah
>>
>>41085862
Every day while using weekly averages as the comparison points.
>>
File: IMG_0705.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0705.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Hit the 10lb mark today. Heres my lunch suckas.

>you can't feel full af on a diet
>>
>>41086079
You can, just add a ton of lettuce and drink more water.
>>
>>41086122
> = implying
>>
File: 1491781102262.png (486KB, 526x700px) Image search: [Google]
1491781102262.png
486KB, 526x700px
>Fast all day until eight
>Eat a sandwich and a banana
>Feel like I'm going to vomit I'm so full
>>
>>41086079
>posting your depressing meals

Suffer in silence faggot
>>
>>41086122
Was joking, I'm on 128oz water a day and am quite aware how filling protein and fiber are. I was just mocking people on fad diets that snack all the time etc.

>it's skinny cow so it's great for me
>pffft breads good for you silly
>I took a multivitamin so I don't have to eat any veggies!
>diets are too expensive

Like shit dude just pre bake a bunch of skinless chicken with lemon pepper, nuke a bag of frozen veggies, get a huge water bottle, and like magic you're clen and not impoverished. Dieting is fucking easy.
>>
>>41084202
Find out. You should be fine
>>
>>41086262
This. I have no clue how this happened to me. Why does such a low amount of food now make me feel full af?
>>
File: fat wojack.gif (14KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
fat wojack.gif
14KB, 633x758px
>tfw ate a can of pumpkin pie filling by accident
>>
>>41086298
I used to freeze and prepare lbs of chicken breasts in advance. I'd then just add some pepper and lowcal mayo and chow down.

One time I waited too long to make up and freeze the chicken, It was tainted. I was also really hungry and ate 2lbs of chicken. because fuck it.

Vomited chicken for hours, didn't sleep that night, continued to vomit, felt like my stomach was exploding. I tried to make myself vomit more to make the pain disappear.

Got chunks of vomit chicken stuck in my nose for 2 days.
>>
>>41086362
How do you accidentally eat something you fat fuck?
>>
Had a nap today and literally dreamed about chocolate. Actually about going to the shop and buying chocolate, which is sort of weird but I guess I never dream about sex either. My brain like hates me and is like "You can dream about every aspect of this thing you like except the good part"

But in it I bought way too much. I remember thinking to myself "Eh fuck it, I'll get a couple things because it's just the once". Shit's a warning to myself.

Tomorrow if shit's open I'm gonna get some small bit of chocolate or a half sized snickers bar or something. The craving's loud as shit, but, I'm gonna heed the warning and not binge/fuck up behind it.

I know no one cares, just wanted to blog about it somewhere.
>>
>>41085888
Basically, but with a shitload of vegetables. I just need to take a single pill each day, will probably need to get a lower dosage.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
So uh, my breakfasts normally consist of two large eggs and a glass of water with cottage cheese. I started adding a smoothie to my breakfast now (all it has is low fat yogurt, and usually 5 different fruits and veggies with milk) but i think it's overdoing it too much. What do you guys think?
Pic related, a smoothie I drank this morning
>>
>>41085862
erry week, if im worried about how my diet is going I will do it a few days in between
>>
6ft 5
280 lbs abouts

Strong fat tho - big shoulders and arms

will i have loose skin?
>>
>>41086345
>>41086262
Your stomach when young and not expanded too much can still shrink back a little if it doesnt take in the amount of food it used too
>>
>>41086653
massive rugby muscle thighs too
>>
>ate all of my calories during lunch while visiting my parents
>have nothing to do for the rest of the day
I'm not hungry four hours later, but I still have four more hours until I go to bed.
>>
>>41086641
London?
It doesn't really matter mate. As long as you don't have a problem with it and it fits into your macros.
>>
>>41086641
>What do you guys think?

Stop eating breakfast you fat fuck. You don't work in a steel mill, you don't need the energy.
>>
>>41086641
Good to eat breakfast, bad to eat carbs. Go keto and eat high-fat/protein and hunger will go down over time, sustained longer fullness feeling
>>
>>41083084
Weighed myself at about noon today and I gained a pound from last Sunday when I weighed myself when I woke up. I lifted and did 20 minutes of cardio everyday while only investing 1600-1900 cap a day. (I say that because some days I added a homemade peanut butter protein cookie which was 300 cal) DA FUCK DID I DO WRONG?
>>
my clothes are baggy as fuck now

im makin it guys
>>
>>41086893
>Weighed myself at about noon today
>gained a pound from last Sunday when I weighed myself when I woke up

Measurements made at different times aren't comparable. Did you eat or drink today before the weigh-in? Another possible cause for the anomaly is random variance. Single measurements are going to have high variance. Two consecutive days or two days a week apart are the same in that respect. Measure every day after waking up and use weekly averages.
>>
>>41086852
go away memer
>>
>>41086362
ahahaha omg
>>
File: fat wojak.png (61KB, 1228x1502px) Image search: [Google]
fat wojak.png
61KB, 1228x1502px
>just had a 600 calorie dinner
>8 ounces of chicken (240 calories)
>3 cups of tomato puree (260 calories)
>1/2 cup rice (300 calories
>one packet of chicken taco seasoning
It's so much food that I can barely eat it, but it'll only bring me up to 1560 calories for the day. I've been eating at a sub ~1300 for awhile now so I'll enjoy this
>>
>>41087238
>1/2 cup rice
>300 calories
Did you cook it in fucking lard?
>>
>>41087440
I got this container of rice from my sister. It says that 1/4 cup of it has 150 calories. I just boil it like normal without adding anything.
>>
>>41087238
>260cals
>240cals
>300cals
>somehow makes 600 instead of 800
Holy shit no wonder people underestimate calories when they can't do basic math
>>
>>41083617
You should expect some plateaus. Just keep at it and eventually your body will get past the plateau and start dropping again.
>>
>>41087512
s-sorry
>>
Should I try any supplements or just keep on with the gym routine?
>>
Anyone care to recommend a low card bread or bread substitute when making my sammiches? Right now that and one other thing is about the only source of real carbs in my diet atm.
>>
>>41087585
Yo don't need to make sandwiches on bread nigga. Roll up the meat and cheese and eat that. Check out gluten free bread/wraps. Idk if it has lower carbs though.
>>
>>41087545
Ephedrine is the big one if you can find it. Caffeine can add 100 cals to your TDEE. Capsum is great took, similar.

Fish oil is a great all rounder, makes all the cells in your body function better, if you don't eat a lot of seafood. A mult-vitamin is good as an insurance for any deficiencies you may have.

None of this is needed, of course. And if you don't have the fundamentals (which is 95% of losing weight) you'll fail
>>
>>41087585
https://www.saraleebread.com/our-breads/delightful-healthy-multi-grain-bread

http://www.pepperidgefarm.com/ProductDetail.aspx?catID=754
>>
>>41086852
>Good to eat breakfast

Never going to make it.
>>
>>41087609
Thanks. Will look all that up. I've been taking fish oil and vitamin b for a few weeks now.
>>
>>41087238
>8 ounces of chicken (240 calories)

What did you do, eat it raw? Assuming roasted skinless breast, 8 ounces is ~376 according to a bunch of sites.

>>41087585
Get some flatbread wraps or something similar, whole ones run about 120-200 and you probably cut those in halves or thirds depending on the shape

On a similar note, anything good for replacing hot dog rolls? Those fuckers have almost as many calories as the hot dogs themselves and wraps tend not to work too well due to tearing and the like.
>>
>>41087654
Here is a nice review of those I mentioned.

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/fat-loss-supplements-2.html/
>>
>>41087674
isn't frozen skinless chicken 50cal per oz? i stopped worrying about how it shrinks while cooking and just weigh it before.
>>
>>41087691
i mean 25, breaded chicken is ~50cal.
>>
>>41087674
I googled "poached chicken" and it told me it was 120 calories for 4oz.
>>
>>41087710
>>41087691
First several hits on google and the USDA database for roasted skinless breast all hang around 47/oz, though anything with fillers out the wazoo might be able to cut it even less I suppose, saw several perdue items that were around 25-35/oz.
>>
>>41087785
Or yeah, poached too, dang.
>>
>Get blackout drunk
>Wake up in a pool of my own vomit and piss
>lost 4lbs overnight

Every cloud has a silver lining.
>>
File: comparisonapril.jpg (109KB, 1323x804px) Image search: [Google]
comparisonapril.jpg
109KB, 1323x804px
I stopped going to the gym in december because I was doing stupid as fuck strong lifts and just got tired of it. was gonna go back the next week and the next week and just kept saying fuck it then met my gf in february and said fuck it even more.

I found a 3 ABA routine that seems to be okay. i just need to get something in for exercise because i feel like i'm wasting away muscle wise, and at work I get little reminders of just how weakened I've become. down from 427. now to 244.
>>
>>41087859
>all that loose skin already

Breh Inhope you're saving up for surgery
>>
>>41083286
Give it a day or two and you literally won't notice a pound of difference. A cheat meal once in a while, no matter how big, doesn't have much of an effect. Just don't let it be a habit
>>
>>41087859
GL man, Find something you enjoy and change it up whenever you get bored. Consistency on a slightly less then optimal routine is a lot better then non-consistency on a 'perfect' routine.
>>
>>41084188
I'm gonna try for this feel
>>
>>41087859
Will lifting make that better? Personally, my arms feel like they're filling in with muscle rather than getting loose with skin.
>>
>>41087474
That's uncooked, right?
>>
Hey /fat/ i'm just kind of sad today. tl;dr is my husband won't help me clean the apartment for his friend coming to visit (Before I started eating better and working out and trying to take control our apartment got trashed just through sheer depression making us both lazy).

I've done more than half alone with him only cleaning half of the bedroom with my help (me cleaning the rest, the worse half).

And i'm just about to curl up and cry and just want to eat like shit and give up because he doesn't care.

You'd think HE was the fat one with how he behaves but no, he weighs less than i do right now.

It's really hard to keep looking forward when your partner in life isn't supporting you in any way what so ever.

On the bright side i've fought off all of the little voices saying "Just eat some chocolate" or "Go get a burger" or anything like that. I DID order out but I ordered a fancy salad from a hipster health food place instead (300 calories, low sugar, not one of the ones so full of crap you might as well eat a burger).

but i still feel fucking sad.

What do? Do I just leave the mess, hide away from his friend (Who's also my friend) when he visits and let him deal with the embarrassment of our apartment looking like shit on his own hoping he'll actually do something to clean it up?
Or do I just suck it up, get the apartment to look good because I want it to, and just act like a banshee if he doesn't pick up after himself moving forward?

The latter is what i'm leaning to since it just seems the least stressful. I don't want our friend to see this..I don't want people to know just how bad I live when I lose control of myself and my depression.

On the bright side, I'm 27 pounds down, a lot of clothes are fitting me better, and I've moved on from "xtra large" sizes to just "large" sizes which feels pretty amazing even if it's a small difference and some of the lifts i've done for legs have helped my feet gain arches again. i just needed to rant..
>>
First time on /fit/ other than coming here to read the sticky before. Didn't know you guys had threads for fat fucks trying to lose weight.

Just recently decided it's time to put in the effort to lose weight because i had been skinny most of my life while my family was all fat, but the past 6 years or so i've really gotten bad and it's time to fix it. Cut out soda, drinking water and a lot more often, forcing myself to eat very little food just a couple of really small meals/snacks a day, also lifting weights almost everyday but not doing 1 hour workouts or anything like that.

I have a question of what exactly is something decent to snack on? If i'm only eating twice a day one will be a meal of egg and chicken or something, and the one earlier in the day to just be a snack of sorts. I keep reading meat is good so i was thinking just getting a bunch of cold cuts and snacking on some of that.
>>
>>41087934
not reading this blog but good job on losing weight dude
>>
>>41087942
Snacking is what made you fat

you don't snack

stop snacking
>>
>>41087474
make sure what you're eating after it's cooked is still 1/4. A lot of grains will cook up a lot more than they measure out uncooked (Quinoa is another example. A half cup of uncooked quinoa will make 1-2 cups depending).
>>41087512
This is why people should use a tracker. It'll add everything up.

If you use MFP you can just scan the barcodes of a lot of things to make it quicker or save meals you eat often so there's no excuse to not track it.
>>
File: 1491412250049.jpg (28KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1491412250049.jpg
28KB, 500x375px
>>41087137
is it a meme if it helps me lose weight and stay satiated ?
>>
>>41087894
it's not a real fast if you have water
Just keep busy and it's very easy
>>
This week was shit. First time I didn't lose weight. Just barely maintained.

>Mom comes back from 1 week trip
>insists on eating out with family, grandparents, aunt and friends.

>Eats out again two days after
>Dad buys food cause I'm a good boy
>Already ate, can't refuse or i know he'll be offended

At least it's a 3 day weekend. Don't have to eat for work so I can laze around and justify sub 1k.calories a day
>>
File: 1491810596634.png (35KB, 765x758px) Image search: [Google]
1491810596634.png
35KB, 765x758px
guy's, i seem to be losing weight, but my legs look the same

i'm at the point now where i can start seeing the fat come off my arms and stomach, but when i sit down and look at my legs, they look fucking massive and don't seem to be losing anything

any exercise that can maybe speed up the progress? right now im just trying to lose weight, not trying to get muscle (that comes later)
>>
I'm dedicated to losing some weight and wondering how long it would take to drop 50 pounds so I look like a normal human being. I'm 200 lbs, and 5'6. is this a terrible starting weight considering I have no muscle? I'm not too late, am I?
>>
>>41086893
always weigh youself in the morning after you piss in your undies
>>
>>41087983
Where you lose and gain fat is genetic. Can't target or fix that but reduce body fat percentage.

>tfw massive fucking gut for otherwise decent body fat everywhere else
>>
>>41087135
This. You can gain up to 3 pounds just drinking the water you're supposed to drink.
Be consistent with the time you weigh yourself or go for monthly weigh-ins instead. Taking other measurements (Bodyfat percentage and actual body measurements) will give you more accurate results too since if you're building muscle while you lose weight (Which you should be doing) your weight is going to go up and down a lot.

My trainer told me how her sister went through this. By the end of her first month her weight hadn't moved at all because she was lifting too, but her other measurements proved she was. Don't watch the scale it's not the only indication you're on track.

I still weigh myself daily just to keep myself mentally on track but for most people this will be discouraging.
>>
>>41087983
You probably have huge legs cause of how strong they had to be to carry your fatass everywhere.
>>
>>41087953
Well that's what i am saying it's not really a snack, more like a very light meal that acts as a snack hours before my one and only real meal.
>>
>>41087991
No such thing as terrible time to start losing weight.

Losing weight is 90% diet though, just literally stop eating so much.
>>
>>41086963
Dude that's awesome! :D
I put on a pair of pants yesterday. They were my "fat pants" the pants that fit even at my fattest because they were stretchy. They had actually gotten too tight and left forgotten in a pile of dirty clothes (so much so that the zipper broke on them).
Tried them on yesterday and they not only fit but they were too big on me, I could stretch them WAY far away from my body (Mind you they are stretchy but they used to only have 1-2 inches of stretch, not the length of my forearm!)

We're gonna make it.
>>
>>41088017
yeah, I've cut my calories and got a gym membership, just wondering how long it will take to lose 50 lbs desu.
>>
>>41084808
Bro, I have went from 280 to 200 4 times. Now. I'm on my 5th . Every year I look back and ask myself why didn't I maintain? I could have my dream body by now.

Don't give up dude, and don't ever stop tracking or weighing yourself. My problem is I find a girl, get comfy and lazy. Never again. Never putting anything before my gains from now on. I will succeed again this year, this time to 185, I will maintain that weight for a month and then slowly increase cals to gain 1lb a month, as I bulk on some muscle.

We got this man. Get your ass in gear, write down clearly defined times goals, and promise yourself to achieve them.

See you at the finish line bb
>>
>>41087991
first week (assuming you don't fuck up and eat least 500-800 below maintenance on calories) you should be able to lose about 7-10 pounds. this is water weight however, maybe on 1 pound of that was actual fat.

this should least put you in the 190-194 range

the rest, just keep doing what i said; do least 5-10 minutes each day of basic exercises. as long as you dont fuck up at all, within probably 4-7 months. sounds long, but trust me, the day's fucking fly.
>>
File: 1489775323886.png (3KB, 411x354px) Image search: [Google]
1489775323886.png
3KB, 411x354px
I'm down from 241 to 227 (@6') after 5 weeks, clothes are fitting again.
I was 215 over last summer and ended up gaining hard
Prior to all this I was down at 182 and had been lifting for 2 years, was in good shape, I've retained most strength but the loss is so slow.

Been running 4 miles daily at a 1400 cal deficit.
What can I do to speed up?
>>
>>41086852
Keto doesn't work for everyone and zero-carb diets are retarded.

Eat a healthy source of carbs and eat them for the morning meal so you burn them off throughout the day. Eliminate carbs in the evening.
>>
>>41087932
Yeah, it's just uncooked rice.
>>
>>41086760
What the fuck kind of logic is this that only fat people and mill workers eat breakfast? Lmfao.

You could eat all of your calories in one meal and nothing else for the day and it wouldn't make a difference than if you ate those calories in three meals. Skipping breakfast won't do shit but ensure that most recovering whales binge on their lunch and dinner.

Eat a good breakfast, eat a big lunch, eat a small dinner.
>>
>>41088013
you gave me confidence, with an insult

idk how to feel..thx?

>>41088003
muh parents are both lard asse's so fugg
>>
>>41088023
Depends how dedicated you are. If you work out hard 2lb a week is doable.
>>
>>41087934
Clothes fitting better is my whole goal and motivation, so good for you.
>>
>>41087991
I did some math for you:
Your TDEE is around 2400. To lose a lb/week would be 1900 calories. You'd lose it all in about a year that way. 6 months if you eat 1400/day.

http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/
>>
>>41088032
dude we are like at the same weight.

only i got there after 2 weeks
>>
>>41087968
It's for dry rice. I think it's a weird kind of indian rice.
>>
>>41088060
What did you do differently
>>
>>41088043
Being fat isn't genetic. It's where fat decides to accumulate that is. Which is why you see these fucking weird monstrosities on /fph/ with foreheads or cankles or FUPAs
>>
>>41086699
Do some cardio if you get hungry later and eat a small snack (Like an apple). Otherwise, whatever. Occupy those four hours with something else.

Your whole life shouldn't revolve around food, anon.

Worse comes to worse, go to bed hungry and be excited for breakfast.

I keep having a problem of being hungry and not eating. Not because i'm going pro-ana or anything retarded like that but I just keep forgetting to eat.
>stomach growls
>Go "Oh yeah i didn't eat yet today, I should grab something"
>Proceed to stay glued to the internet until my stomach growls again an hour later

Lather, rinse, repeat.

I guess it's better than the alternative whcih would've been being bored and eatiing because of it.
>>
>>41088045
very dedicated, gonna cut out all bad shit. I already force myself to do extra exercise when I can, and I skateboard during my free time.
>>
>>41086656
How young is "young" because I think most people's stomachs do this (Hence why competitive eaters will drink shitloads of water the day before competitions to expand their stomachs more)
I'm 26 and mine still does it but maybe i'm still considered young in this case?

It's a nice feeling though to b satisfied from a normal meal. It's the only reason I support a weeklong or even just a few days fast for newbies. Not to "cleanse" your body since that's stupid but to just kinda reset it. It'll work out all the sugar, all the excess salt, and shrink your stomach (the organ) so you can start from a clean slate.

Works for some people.
>>
>>41088075
whats all this stuff I've heard about keto and quick weightloss
there are some people who talk about water fasting too, wtf is that shit
>>
>>41087934
Lady our core 'community' here is filled with mid 20 something emotionally crippled males. Great that you're losing weight, I don't think one person here can talk to you in the way you're looking for. Maybe find a reddit or facebook group with a lot of middle aged women trying to lose weight.
>>
>>41088073
mostly fasting

i eat one day (800 calories maxed) then skip the next. i keep repeating that

i don't even exercise, maybe quick little 10 push up's and some planks for 15 sec's and thats it

fasting can either be very good, if your a bigger person (i have an insane amount of fat on me, i can eat for dayyys's) or really bad if you're under like 180.

besides the fast weight loss, i'm almost positive my stomach has shrunk. i eat anything now and my stomach hurts. some will call my tactics stupid (on /fit/ everyone thinks they are right) but this is working for me. i might start eating more once i get to 180 or some shit, just to start even things out (also start muscle building)
>>
>>41088080
>and I skateboard during my free time.
whoa bruh me too!

just learning or were you already privy?
>>
>>41088116
i used to skate before i wasn't such a fat fuck
>>
>>41086527
Instead of buying snickers, try buying some actual chocolate. I like going to hipster stores because some of the chocolate you can buy has lower sugar than commercial brands so you can actually eat a little more of it than you could of the snickers, thus satisfying the craving without giving yourself a taste for too-much sugar again.

Just read the labels, aim for dark chocolate if you're not a pussyfaggot who can only handle milk chocolate.

Trust me, giving in to the snickers is just going to make you remember snickers more often. Getting a better replacement is a better way of going about it.

Like me and my 'pudding' craving last night
>be stoned as fuck
>about to get some yogurt and berries to tide over my sweet craving
>Get crazy idea
>Add a scoop of chocolate protein powder to the yogurt
>Add a mashed banana (probably blending it in a blender would've worked better) to get rid of the grittiness
>Mix that shit up

Was pretty damn good especially considering it was food i planned to eat already.
>>
spent months getting used to the taste of veggies and shit and im so glad i did lads. i hate cooking so much, love eating it raw its so easy and quick
>>
>>41086362
Jesus christ...
Unless you were stoned there's no way you can 'accidentally' eat something. Just admit you were a fatass, ate a can of PIE FILLING, and move on.

Btw you're not supposed to eat that shit raw, enjoy your bad pumpkin shits later.
>>
Started my journey on the first belt notch, now on the 3rd
>>
>>41088109
I've heard a lot about water fasting, even tried doing it for 48 hours. You ever done that before? I'm considering doing a 20 day fast and seeing how it goes.
>>
File: 1491302155327.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
1491302155327.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>41086079
>That disgusting shit
lol keep cucking yourself, i ll be ordering actual tasty food
>>
>>41088092
>Not to "cleanse" your body since that's stupid
>so you can start from a clean slate.
>>
>>41088141
What kind of veggies? I hate veggies but i want to force myself to like some. Only thing i like right now is corn.
>>
>>41088189
try things like veggie soups
>>
>>41088189
I like to get a big bag of mixed veggies and just microwave them for 5 min. Fills me up and quick to make.
>>
>>41088175
Is this junior soprano feel?
>>
File: 1491507547299.jpg (230KB, 1040x1174px) Image search: [Google]
1491507547299.jpg
230KB, 1040x1174px
how do I break platue /fat/?
>>
>>41088227
yes
>>
>>41088241
Eat at maintenance for 2 weeks.
>>
>>41088269
what does it promote? shouldn't i be even cutting even more calories off
>>
>>41088295
What: http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/the-full-diet-break.html/

How:http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/transition-phase-between-dieting-gaining.html/
>>
>>41088175
>tfw nobody on /fat/ ever had the makings of a varsity athlete.
>>
>>41088189
All kinds. Sweet ones are easiest to eat such as carrots or green beans, the ones you would actually eat as a kid.
Zucchini and cucumber have very little flavor. Both serve as great palate cleansers after a hefty meal/food with an aftertaste. Also great filler food for your plate
Get into roasting everything just to start out. I did and found a surprising love for all squashes this way.
>>
>tfw if I'm on a plateau that I know is 100% caused by weed and my only choice is to up completely until I'm at my goal
>>
>>41086963
same here. pants are getting baggy af but my bras are also getting too loose, especially in the cups. great im losing weight, but i cant afford to go shopping yet
>>
>>41088175
>doesn't know the difference between hipster cleanse "toxins" bullshit and letting your body work through the sugar and garbage you've been consuming
Retard found.
>>
>>41087864
if you're talking about my stomach, that shit is still hard and full with fat. and it retracts quickly when pinched. i have a lot to lose in my stomach yet. things could be much, much much worse.

>>41087889
that's a good way to put it, thanks pal

>>41087899
don't know unless you go i guess!
>>
>>41088096
I'm a 26 year old lmfao not middle aged yet. I frequent the thread so I know it's mostly 20 something males struggling to not eat an entire can of pumpkin pie filling (I still can't believe that...Fucking how?)
I just wanted to rant somewhere "safe" as in, away from people I know offline or where my husband would see it that's all.

>>41087946
Thanks dude that's the most relevant part to the thread anyway. Mostly made the post for myself :)

>>41088046
Thanks anon :) You'll make it. Once you start seeing your clothes fit better, then not fitting because they're too big it gets addicting.

>>41087942
Don't focus on eating very little or really small meals or you're going to feel deprived and go back to being a fatass. Use a tracker like myfitnesspal, use it for a week on the diet you are now and see how it ranks up. If you're eating too little you can slow down your metabolism making weight loss slower or more difficult, plus you might end up binging if it turns out you're eating way too little yknow?
As for good snacks it depends on what the rest of your diet is like. My main meals I cut out a lot of sugars because my weakness is sweet, that way I can eat an apple or some fruit in general and get a good snack and not go over on sugars.

other good snacks
>celery/cucumbers and hummus (I use a carrot hummus cause i hate chickpeas)
>pretzel sticks (35 to a serving but i usually only eat 10 and its enough for me) with a tablespoon of nut butter
>a serving of fruit or raw veggies
>Tuna and crackers or on celery (I like to mix some dill into it if I don't feel like cutting up a pickle to add to it)

Those are my go-tos and they work fine for me.

Other options are browsing a hipster food store (Like whole foods) for healthier versions of snacks you already enjoy. They have kale chips for instance, lots of dried fruits, shit like that. They have better meat-jerkies too just watch the salt.
>>
File: image.png (78KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
78KB, 640x1136px
what's the longest any of you have been able to go 1500 calorie or under per week. I'm currently a month into my cut, started @ 177.8lbs and weighed in this morning @ 172.8. Feel like I've stalled so I've lowered the calories from 1750 to 1500 because I literally do nothing but weight train about an hr a day
>>
>>41087953
Snacking didn't make me fat, anon, eating shitty meals for my main meals did. Not all fatties are made equal

like i'm pretty sure only one fatass in this thread is disgusting enough to eat a can of pie filling as a snack for instance (I will shame this motherfucker until he admits it wasn't an accident)

>>41087970
Yes and no. Keto works but it doesn't work for everyone, so spouting it like it's gospel makes it a meme instead of good advice.

>>41087974
Only reason to fast without water is religious reasons, bub. Don't dehydrate yourself to lose weight that's stupid.

>>41087978
It happens, anon. I'm going to be visiting family in another state next month for a few weeks. Some will be easy to avoid shitty meals (some of them are poor and barely eat except for dinner) others it will be harder (Like the rich grandparents that ONLY eat out because they like to go drink fancy wine). Plus a week in Maine (at least i can get decent fish, can't get any fish in the midwest don't trust that shit).

As long as it's not a habit, a couple of days won't completely ruin everything.

I just gotta be careful about what I order when we eat out and I think I'll be fine, but i'm going to miss gym workouts for the time I'm gone :I I can get in cardio easily anywhere but i'm not subbing to a gym elsewhere just for a couple of weeks (My mom might get me a daypass to her gym but she's flakey on shit like that so i'm not counting on it).

>>41087983
You can't target specific areas. Your legs are either pre-disposed to retaining fat or you just can't accurately see the loss on your legs (I can't tell my legs have lost any fat but my friend can for instance). Take progress photos, full body, and compare them every month to see if it's just you, anon.

That said, you're a retard for not building muscle while you lose weight. Lift NOW. It'll help prevent loose skin for one, and for two, you'll burn more calories lifting than just doing cardio. Read the sticky
>>
>>41088546
It's about willpower
also
>not praying while you fast
>>
>>41088523
how tall you is?
>>
File: tfw.jpg (8KB, 242x250px) Image search: [Google]
tfw.jpg
8KB, 242x250px
How the fuck do you stop eating late at night when you're hungry as shit??? besides drinking water...
>>
File: 1331944045190.gif (3MB, 320x227px) Image search: [Google]
1331944045190.gif
3MB, 320x227px
>weigh in tomorrow morning
>just binged over 600g of strawberries
>>
>>41088015
You can eat smaller portions of whatever your other meals are.

Like when I make chicken and veggies for meal prep I'll make a massive amount of it so I can split it up for lunches, dinners, and smaller portions for snacks on days I skip breakfast (I have shitty sleep habits so it happens, so to tide me over until I eat my dinner one of these half portions helps me out).

>>41088023
It depends. Aside from your first two weeks where you can lose up to 20 pounds (This was my case) of water weight and what not, weight loss healthily happens about 2 pounds a week from there (most people lose 1 a week). If you're lifting at the same time (As you should, as you'll burn more and reduce loose skin risk, and gaining muscle makes you burn more at rest as well) you might burn more, depends on how active you are generally and how dedicated.
I suggest looking less at weight and more at bodyfat percentage and your body measurements (Chest, waist, hips, leg and arm circumference). Just get tailor's tape at walmart (sometimes dollar stores even have it) and google how to properly take those and track them.

If you're lifting your weight will be inconsistent at first. For instance, since I began lifting I stopped losing numbers on the scale, but my biggest pair of pants (that used to be so small the zipper broke on them) are now almost falling off.

The scale isn't the end-all be-all for judging your health and physique.

That said, calculate 2 pounds a week to see how long to lose 50 just to get a rough idea.
If you're starting from absolute fatass, take away 10 for the water weight just as a guesstimate, leaving you with 40 to think about that you'll actually work off.

If you plateau, add more cardio.
>>
>>41083897
Eat less.
>>
File: image.jpg (44KB, 428x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44KB, 428x500px
>>41088563
5'6
>>
>>41088590
That's not that bad tho m8
>>
>>41088588
Willpower. Easy.
>>
>>41088546
what about water fasting? is that an effective way to lose weight, if done long term?
>>
>>41088610
I need tough love, anon. You're gonna make me go back for seconds.
>>
>>41086079
Ay are those steam-in-bag veggies? I usually eat like the full bag because it's like 100 calories or something pretty low.
>>
File: 1355822577143s.jpg (10KB, 222x221px) Image search: [Google]
1355822577143s.jpg
10KB, 222x221px
>>41083084
>invisible and don't talk much
>been losing weight and getting /fit/
>80lbs lost
>coworkers invite me out to drink for the first time
>worried about my gains but say yes
>start drinking and eating like shit the entire night
>everyone adds me in their phone
>everyone says how they thought I was weird but think I'm really cool
>non-stop questions about me and my life, and how I'm getting in shape, and lifting
>express my gratitude for asking me out
>they play it off "np man haha!"
>literally on the verge of tears for being accepted

I don't care about getting a gf or being aesthetic. I just wanted to be liked by anyone. I've already made it in my eyes. I felt really normal today and that's what I've wanted my entire life.
Just some people to shoot the shit with.

thanks for reading my blog pls like comment and subscribe
>>
>>41086029
Dude WTF? I just started Sunny and this guy is skinny as fuck.
>>
>>41088027
I've been there too anon.
>be me at 20
>not tracking weight but tracking pants sizes. Start at 16, which is where i've been my whole life
>Get membership at gym next to where i work so NO EXCUSES
>Get down to size 13 and keep going strong
>Suddenly break up with my boyfriend because of abuse and weird marriage pressures
>he stalks me an becomes really fucking scary
>Start eating because i'm stressed as balls and living with my unhealthy family again
>Back up to size 16

>Be me now
>Hit size 18 and up ("Real" plus sizes)
>Oh HELL no
>Clean out spare room in home
>Get some basic workout equipment
>Start eating right
>Go from 241 to 230 in two weeks
>Get a trainer to teach me how to lift because too retarded/scared to just go off what i see on youtube and shit
>Now down to 218 and going

I refuse to let someone else influence how i treat my body again. Hell I'm influencing my husband in a positive way right now because, since i do the cooking, he has no choice but to eat well with me.
>he doesn't get weird stomach pains as often anymore unless he snacks too much which is on him
>both happier
>He's loving DAT ASS i'm getting because i'm doing proper squats and leg days now

Feels fucking good. Keep going anon, we can both make it this time.

The lowest weight i have ever been in my adult life is 190 pounds. I'm almost fucking there. Long term goal is 110 so I have a long way to go but i can do it. we can all do it, just don't give up.
>>
>>41088636
keep up the good work son.
>>
>>41088636
I like you, Anon
>>
>>41088637
He gained weight just to do it. Then lost it to say fuck you to fatties.
>>
File: image.jpg (280KB, 916x1280px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
280KB, 916x1280px
>>41088621
You piece of fucking shit, take off your shirt, stare at your poor excuse for a body and then ask yourself "is this really who I want to be"
>>
>>41088636
this was very nice anon gl with your life I love you
>>
File: 1452194167696.jpg (52KB, 600x598px) Image search: [Google]
1452194167696.jpg
52KB, 600x598px
>>41088663
>>
Any other fatties have dreams about cutting? I can always tell when I'm getting into the groove of my weightloss because nearly every night of a successful day I will have a nightmare about eating a shit ton of mcdonalds or something.

It's scary during the dream but then I wake up in the morning and remember I'm still on track and nothing feels better than that desu.

Honestly when I fuck up a day and overeat the worst part is looking at myself naked in the morning before my shower and knowing there's no difference from yesterday.
>>
>>41088636
>tfw last friend I had was in 2006.
I just want to be a normal guy. I can talk and carry a conversation like a normal person, I'm just scared.
>>
>>41088639
How long did it take you to drop from the 230 to your current 218?
>>
>>41088692
might be a psychological thing more than a fatass thing. I was always an orb in highschool and I got along fine with mostly everyone in my school. Just had to deal with the occasional "fatass" joke and laugh it off while dying inside.

never had an issue talking to girls either, but being fat just made me "cute" instead of fuckable, so.
>>
>>41088713
I was liked in HS by everyone. I was a fatass, but I grew up with them. Small town, and just great people. I can joke around in class, and make everyone laugh. But my weight gave me zero confidence, and I spend every lunch in HS just sitting down in the library pretending to sleep. I was too disgusted with my weight to eat in front of other people. That carried on into University and now I have nobody. Anytime someone tried to get close I'd just push them away fearing I'd just be an autistic. I lost my weight before Uni and looked good in clothes. Girls would hit on me and I just didn't know how to handle it.
>>
>>41088742
I was the same way in high school, kinda. tried starving myself and almost killed myself on multiple occasions because of just looking in the mirror. Trying to fix my weight now, though.
>>
File: ergerth.png (239KB, 331x331px) Image search: [Google]
ergerth.png
239KB, 331x331px
>>41088654
>>41088655
>>41088672
t-thanks

>>41088692
It's hard. I can also talk and carry conversation as normal, just a coward and no one talks to me first.

Doesn't help I'm 6'4 and was 300lbs.
>>
>>41088095
I don't know a lot about keto but it's about putting your body into a state called 'ketosis" where I guess it burns fat as energy instead of storing it if i'm not wrong?
But the problem with keto is it's not a diet everyone can live on (and if you can't live on your diet you'll gain everything back), and some people get sick on keto while others thrive on it.
I've heard you can't gain muscle on keto like you can on any other clean eating diet but that might just be /fit/ memeing it up. There's a subreddit on keto that can help you.

As for water fasting, same story as above, you're likely to gain the weight back once you eat again but taking a week to fast is a good way of shrinking your belly (The organ not the fat on your body) so you can't eat as much when yous tart eating again and it'll clear out your sugar/salt cravings too.

Intermittent fasting seems like the best candidate if you want a gimmick-fix but i suggest you just learning good habits you can live with so you don't risk bouncing back to binging on junk.

Plus if you're over 200 pounds and you fast to lose weight, you're likely to have a lot of loose skin. Better to lift, cardio, and eat clean bruh.

I've also heard fasting can burn off muscle instead of fat but don't quote me on that one. I know that's true fr anorexics (Who lose irreplaceable heart muscle). it's not a good fit for everyone.

Something like >>41088109
what this anon does can work. Some science has suggested alternative day fasting, even if you binge or eat like crap on the other day can promote weight loss.

But again, do what's sustainable.

I feel sick and sometimes throw up if I don't eat for too long (not "muh blood sugar" bullshit that hamplanets pull but a legitimate "I'm going to throw up if i skip lunch" feeling so I don't think i could personally do fasting.
>>
>>41084808

I'm on round 3 familia, it sucks.
>>
>>41088141
I like doing a semi-raw veggie since i'm lazy
>cut up zucchini, carrots, sweet potato, throw on some cherry tomatoes, and any other veggie you want. onions
>Throw em on a pan, drizzle with olive oil
>can add chicken too
>Add garlic, rosemary, whatever spices
>bake for 20 min at 350

The carrots come out still crunchy which I like, but the sweet potato cooks through (make sure you cut it small enough to, bigger pieces will need longer) but everything else cooks perfectly which makes for a great texture.

It's really versatile too as a recipe
For instance
>instead of chicken add an egg
>Add quinoa and avocado
>Got yourself a good breakfast bowl

Can add tomato sauce to it, can add what-fucking-ever you want and it's super quick and easy without really needing to cook (since you just throw it on a pan and leave it, and even quinoa is just fucking boiling water and then leaving it to do it's thing, only thing you'd ever have to pay attention to is the egg, which you could also just bake).
>>
>>41088768
just curious because I heard about people going from obese -> healthy weight by water fasting for 7 days every month, then doing IF so basically eating one day 800 cal -> 1100 cal max and skipping the next day and repeating the entire month. then repeating the process from that month ect ect. they did it really fucking fast too, like they did this for two months w/ as much exercise as they could handle, and they fucking SHREDDED weight. I've also heard about people water fasting for months at a time and losing almost all their weight, then beginning lifting and looking like chads.
>>
>>41088523
80 weeks
>>
File: image.jpg (221KB, 620x412px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
221KB, 620x412px
>>41088835
Holy shit the willpower
>>
>>41088359
Weed wouldn't cause you to plateau anon

Weed speeds up your metabolism and lessens the build up of acids in your muscles when you lift. Working out while high can promote faster weight loss

Unless you mean you're plateauing because you're giving in to the munchies in which case you just have bad control anon, don't blame cannabis for your own failures.

Add more cardio to fix a plateau.

>>41088413
Since you're a femanon, you can get away with the trick high school girls use to make their clothes tighter. Just pull it all to one side and either tie it together with a rubber band/hairtie or knot it if there's enough slack. I'll be doing this to my shirts and pants until Im a couple sizes down because i also can't afford to get new clothes yet (I bought one outfit for when i'm the next size down but that's it).

Look into facebook "garage sale" groups for selling your old clothes. Since fat clothes don't go up for sale often you should be able to find a buyer pretty easily and then you'll have a little extra towards new ones :)

Or be a scumbag and keep the tags and receipts and just return them. If it's a place like walmart, the employees don't get paid enough to give a shit as long as it's within the returning time (Some stores are unlimited so look into those) and isn't obviously stained or something.

But i'm not a scumbag so i'm just going to sell them on facebook myself and donate what doesn't sell.
>>
>>41088615
For some people, yes.
Pros:
>your stomach (as in the organ) will shrink meaning when you go back to eating you won't be able to eat as much
>You'll lose weight pretty rapidly
>Can be healthy to do once in awhile but listen to your body. If you feel faint, eat a little something. Don't be retarded about it. Even muslims eat at sundown during their month-long fasts yknow?

Cons:
>Loose skin is very likely
>Not really healthy to exercise/lift when you're fasting but some people see good results
>Not for everyone (I literally get physically ill if I don't eat for too long. Idk if i'm just an unaware diabetic or some shit but i've done it before and i was miserable by the end of the week
>Highly likely to gain at least half of the weight back when you start eating again so wtf is the point?
>Doesn't teach you good eating habits so no guarantee you wont' just eat like shit when you come off the fast

Works for some, works like shit for others.

Basically this is my final opinion for recommending it though
>If you can't control yourself enough to just eat healthy, why do you think you'll control yourself enough to not eat at all?
If you can't answer that confidently then you probably won't make it by fasting. Change your habits instead.

Regardless, look up some guides to it. There's a lot of guides to different methods of fasting and how to do them safely and i suggest anyone considering any type of fast do this.

I also suggest a juice fast instead if you're like me and get sick without any calorie intake but still want to fast.
>>
>>41083084
Fuck me guys. I've fallen off the wagen 4 out of 7 days this week
Over eaten everyday anywhere between 300-1k cals
Kill me
>>
>>41088636
Aw anon that's a nice story. I'm glad losing weight has helped you feel confident. It's hard to be the quiet and shy person in general but being quiet and shy AND fat usually gets you labeled as the office weirdo (or weird kid in school or wherever).

Good job anon you're gonna make it :)

>>41088662
Is this legit? I don't watch Sunny often but I've seen other shows where a character will gain a lot of weight for one episode. Usually it's just prosthetics. If this guy really did gain and lose that quick I just wanna know haha.

>>41088688
Nope not me. I had some weird dreams these past few nights in general while eating semi like shit (Still under calories and everything but not clean foods)
>One was getting bombed with nukes and seeing one drop right outside my living room window..but in my dream my apartment was on the first floor and my whole family lived here instead of just myself and one other person
>woke up in fucking tears because of it, too much fallout 4 probably

Second dream same night
>I'm a stalker, stalking Ransome the clown from Thimbleweed Park, an adventure game i've been playing
>Why the clown
>Do i get ladyboners for asshole clowns now?
>wtf brain?

Evidently i just play too many games.

The nuked nightmare is the first nightmare i've had in three years though
Last one i had while having a panic attack in my sleep
>I'm under water
>Seeing the light above me get smaller and dimmer
>For a brief second I can breathe under water, which happens a lot in my dreams
>But suddenly i can't breathe
>I can't swim up
>Woke up struggling for breath and cried again, afraid to sleep for the next couple of days
That was when i was in a shitty relationship and felt suffocated so it was pretty fitting.
>>
>>41088703
Six weeks until I got to 220, then like the day after that point I hit 118 so we'll just say six weeks?

My weight goes up and down a lot. I track it daily just to keep myself mentally "in the zone" but make sure you don't rely too heavily on the scale. The scale could say you gained weight while body measurements will show you lost fat.

This is with 5 days of cardio, two days of lifting a week (Less lifting than most of /fit/ but it's what my trainer suggested will work best for me.)
>>
>>41088639
Atta girl. Me as well, 200 is the lowest I've been since grade 7.I want to feel the agility of 185, I can't even imagine how easy it's going to be to move around
>>
>>41088742
I was unapologetically fat in high school but I also had a reputation for beating people up from middle school (Me and one other kid got food thrown at us a lot in lunch, him for being stinky and fat, me just for being fat and defending him. I have a shit sense of smell so I can't tell if someone's smelly unless it's horrendously bad too so he didn't bother me much).
So I started punching kids in the face, pinching them for smaller shit, and eventually everyone left me alone and I was able to make friends in peace.

Being fat isn't really a guarantee you can't make friends or even live a normal life, that's why ultimately losing weight has to be for YOU.
>>
File: 1426319456032.png (688KB, 519x680px) Image search: [Google]
1426319456032.png
688KB, 519x680px
How the fuck are you supposed to calorie count when you go to a restaurant or basically eat anything that isn't prepackaged or made of simplistic ingredients?

Keeping myself at 2000 calories a day or lower is the only thing that is keeping me from losing progress.
>>
>>41089054
Same dude :)
Even every day things are getting easier like going up the stairs (No longer out of breath just going to the second floor to my apartment. Even carrying in all of the groceries at once i wasn't panting hard. I used to blame it on smoking lmfao but clearly that wasn't it).

>inb4 smoking is filthy
Yeah. Visitng family next month though, abusive shitty family that i've avoided visiting for three years since i moved away. I plan to quit after this trip because chances are i'll pick it back up when i visit anyway.
I'd rather chainsmoke than bingeeat anyway.
>>
1500 calories today

>ate 2 pan fried chicken drumsticks
>like 250 calories each

damn, I could eat like 6 of those fucking things
>>
>>41088636
good job, anon. we're all going to make it.
>>
>>41089191
I usually just google the food and use the highest result in the counter
>>
>>41089191
it's better to overestimate and undereat!
>>
>>41088588
go to sleep
>>
>>41089191
I keep my phone with me and use the keto app whenever I'm about to eat something, usually. Also, when I was on keto, I felt full, but also like I was undereating, because I'd look at my daily calorie count and I'd be at like 500 or something like that. Kinda weird.

I think I ended up quitting keto for some random ass reason, like, I got home from work and felt tired so I made up some fatlogic to eat? I don't know.
>>
>>41089191
Find a similar dish that's served at chains and pick the highest one. Cheesecake Factory would be a good bet because their menu is huge and the calories are high as hell.
>>
File: pay taxes.png (373KB, 466x382px) Image search: [Google]
pay taxes.png
373KB, 466x382px
>working out on the bench press
>music not too low or high because too smart to blow out ears
>over my riffraff I hear some girl tell some guy "anon has been coming here everyday for years and he's still fat, what's this guy's problem, why even come"
>say
>you have been putting on your makeup and you're still ugly
>the entire weight room erupts in laughter and the guy she was talking too was laughing at her too
>she stormed off
>>
File: 1365394349182.jpg (2MB, 1280x2956px) Image search: [Google]
1365394349182.jpg
2MB, 1280x2956px
Saw a thread like this on /fitlit/. Thanks for the motivation. Bought a gym membership and starting my journey after Easter. Here's a gift from me to you for those /fit/ browsers who want to get into reading.
>>
>>41089374
are you fat if you've been going to the gym for years though
>>
>>41087674
No sir, 8oz of roasted chicken breast is 220 cal. You must be deep frying your damn chicken
>>
>>41089397
Cheers bookfag. I've started to take a "nocredit" literture class online. First book is the Ilid.
>>
>>41089397
Thanks senpai
>>
File: 1490158282295.jpg (90KB, 526x701px) Image search: [Google]
1490158282295.jpg
90KB, 526x701px
Did 6 miles tonight
Only consumed 994 calories during the day
Not hungry, pounding waters until I can sleep, still on edge from the 8 cups of coffee I drank earlier

Caffiene + Water + Exercise seems to be key to this whole thing
>>
>>41089608
I think u mite b overdoing it a bit homey
>>
How effective is yoga as an exercise? I have terrible posture and started doing it as a way to help straiten my back and increase my flexibility. The beginner forms and stretches don't put a terribly large strain on my body but I heard it gets much harder once you start more advanced techniques. Besides that, the only exercise I'm doing are a few basic calisthenics like pushups and planks. I'm currently eating at a 200-500 deficit everyday, would doing yoga+calisthenics be enough to lose weight at a decently fast rate? Lifting isn't really an option for me right now as all the gyms in my area are either too pricey or have hours that conflict with school and work.

>>41089608
This works a lot for me, too. I used to drink a lot but making the switch from alcohol to coffee/tea helps take the edge off and drinking tons of water curbs hunger 90% of the time. Only problem is I have trouble sleeping if I drink too much caffeine in the afternoon/evening.
>>
>>41089621
man I fucking WISH I had the power to do that shit
>>
>>41089654
The problem is you do it for like a month or two and get all stoked because you're losing weight fast, but living like you're in the fucking holocaust actually really sucks and you stop doing it and go back to your fat faggot ways instead of doing something with slower results, but far more sensible.
>>
>>41089678
basically, and I just came to the realization that this shit is going to take some time, so I'm trying to figure out a way to be -not hungry & thinking of food all the time and - still able to work hard
>>
File: kino.jpg (308KB, 1200x905px) Image search: [Google]
kino.jpg
308KB, 1200x905px
>>41089678
it depends really.
I'm just trying to get back to a 32" waist and medium t-shirts at 6'
I used to be pretty fit, but work+college+beer+bad relationships ended up distracting me from my personal fitness and I fucked up
Ended up gaining a lot of weight
15lbs down, 50 to go, going from 240->175
whatever it takes
>>
Fasted for 24 hours as of 42 min ago. no fatigue, plenty of cravings but no pain. i drank 4 bottles of water 1 coffee and 2 tea so far.

doing another 24 now
>>
>>41089704
how is your weight loss on this shit? I'm dieting rn, would fasting for say, a week or so every first week of every month I'm dieting help me speed up my weight loss process
>>
>>41089254

I do two oven baked seasoned chicken leg quarters + some garlic bread + a big bowl of vegetables.

That's the only thing I eat that day. It's delicious. But I'm an intermittent faster so.
>>
>>41084343
You know what's funny is his face doesn't look too bad, if he was /fit/ he'd have model worthy genes. One has to ask though, is that fucking necrosis on his left leg?
>>
>>41089727
duno, im only doing cardio on the fasting days, and im only doing these two days as a test. monday morning ill check my weight and see whats up.
>>
trying to get my 400 lb friend to shed the weight, i want to start her out on cutting * obviously* and cardio, good idea for the first 100?
>>
Warning to people who are not super fat but overweight or just past obese: don't let yourself ever get a double chin.

When you gain weight, your body is actively finding new spots to store fat so it'll store it in the same place over time before finding a new place to store it.

When you lose weight, your fat cells decompress all around. So if you get a double chin and start losing weight, it'll shed slowly and a lot of times look more pronounced than it did when you were fatter. So you could be getting skinny on your torso or ass but have a fat looking face.
>>
>>41089850
Tell her to stop drinking soda. Tell her to stop eating candy. There, she's now 100lbs lighter.
>>
>>41089191
If it's a chain restaurant, even a small chain, you can find their nutritional info somewhere. Even a chain that only exists in my state has their nutritional info. Googling "restaurantname+mealname+nutrition info should get it for you.

All else fails, you can either ask the waitress to find out if the cooks/managers have it on file (as i'm pretty sure restaurants are legally required to have this information available nowadays?) or just write down the ingredients and do your best to get as close to an estimate as possible. Your best bet is to either
A: DON'T eat out because you're a fat fuck that doesn't deserve it yet
B: If you have to go out (mom's birthday or something) just don't make a stupid choice for your meal.

Even locally owned places usually have a "light" area of their menu you can look ati.

When it comes to something homemade, use My Fitness Pal and do this: Add every ingredient to the proper meal area. Click on quick tools and SAVE the meal. Then you won't have to add every single item every time you make that meal. I did this for a few of my meal-prep recipes that require a lot of ingredients so I only had to input it once.

Can even do it for things like sandwiches you make a lot. Then just delete the pieces that you didn't add that time (ex: sometimes i don't have avocado so i just delete that part of the entry and boom.).

Don't use this as an excuse to not track because that's how you get OFF track.

Alternatively SOME websites that post recipes will post the nutritional information for the recipe. If you plan to always make this recipe the same as it reads, you can "create a food" on the site, input the nutritional info from the website, and save it that way as well. This doubles for items from a restaurant you may go to often that MFP might not have in it's database, but the info is online.
>>
File: 1486921342028.jpg (395KB, 1600x897px) Image search: [Google]
1486921342028.jpg
395KB, 1600x897px
So, for "supps"
I use:
Caffeine (for appetite suppression)
Ibuprofen (for reducing inflammation before running)
Melatonin (to counteract the caffeine)

What else is common sense and helpful for general weight-loss?
Any vitamin supplements? Fish oil? Creatine? Ephedrine?
>>
>>41089279
This is true. If i'm really unsure of an item or the MPF entry seems wrong, I'll just guesstimate it, maybe make the serving higher than what i actually ate just to accommodate for error.

>>41089374
>and then everyone stood up and clapped

Doubt this happened.

Also she's right anon, how the fuck are you still fat if you've been going everyday for years? Are you retarded?
>>
>>41089397
Thanks anon, I've been looking for something I can read during my cardio portions of my workout (I get bored so fucking easily staring at the wall but I have a kindle so BIGTEXT won't fuck me up while i'm running. Tried watching videos on my phone but it's a hassle to keep looking for the next one to watch, i'd rather hit a button to turn the page).

Been wanting to read some classics too so this looks like a good list for me in particular :)
>>
>lose 25 pounds (245 to 220)
>everyone is complimenting me
>go on vacation
>successfully maintain weight despite eating shit l wouldn't at home
>look at myself and still see a slob
>I feel like I look worse in photos now than I did when I was 245

Jesus Christ I can't wait to start eating healthy shit again. I'm pretty sure all this junk food is giving me depression and a negative outlook on life.
>>
>eat half a pan-fried breaded chicken breast for breakfast (leftovers)
>have a decent sized bowl of homemade chili with fries for dinner
>still under 1000 calories
did i fuck up measuring somewhere or did i really not eat enough today?
>>
>>41089904
I dropped from 232 to 180 and gained it + another 15lbs back
I still felt heavy as fuck at 180 despite being 6'1" and fairly fit (I'd hit the 1/2/3/4 pl8 lmao lifts by then)
I didn't think I looked good and would go out my way not to have my picture taken

I'm on the way back down and feel like I look better, which makes no sense
But I think I've matured emotionally over 3 years and the dsyphoria is slipping away
>>
>>41083908
Halo Top?
>>
>>41089863
i dont actually know what her diet consists of. were not local to each other, she could be over eating on like tacos for all i know lol
>>
>>41089608
>only at 600 calories for the day
>Almost time to go workout, afterwhich i'll shower and go to bed
>Still not even a bit hungry
>All i've had to drink is water and the white monster can (Not a sipsfag just trying to fix my sleeping habits and needed to get through some all nighters to do so..now just addicted. At least it's calorie/sugar/carb free but i feel like shit drinking it).

I dunno if i should force myself to eat something or just make a big breakfast in the morning (Especially since sundays are the days i mealprep and it stops me from snacking on what i'm cooking if i eat big first).

>>41089648
Not even a local tiny 24hour gym? Even planetfitness has 24hour for only $10 a month dude. Even if you can't get the best lifts there you can get in SOMETHING.

As for yoga, i recommend everyone do a little yoga. For me in particular it has been helping my back problems (Scoliosis that might also be hyper lordosis? Haven't been to a doctor for it since high school because my family's broke) as well as helping me fix my fallen arches and overall flexibility.

I don't think it's a good enough replacement for cardio though. I usually do some yoga to cool down after my workouts but it's not enough on it's own if your target is weight loss in my opinion. I don't think /fit/ does yoga much as a whole at any rate.
>>
>>41089861
I don't know how true ths is, anon, I have a lot of before/after photos of obese women (fitspo yo) and none of them seem to have this problem.

Pic related, you can see the onset of double chin.

I think once you're at the point where your obesity becomes MORBID obesity that's when you've reached the point of no return in regards to loose skin and perma fat-face.

I'd like to see your source on this anon. Is it just you who's unlucky? If you happen to be young it's not uncommon for the face to hold onto "babyfat" until you reach your 20s.
>>
>tfw I broke down and asked for a dark chocolate lindt candy bar for Easter
Please /fit/, shame me for my indiscretion.
>>
>>41089962
eat that chocolate, then go on a water fast for a month or two to punish yourself
>>
>>41089970
Thank you for the leniency /fit/, I am unworthy of such charity.
>>
>>41089886
I don't know much about vitamins, I just take a multivitamin and biotin (good for hair, skin and nails) as well as iron (thalassemia minor, my red blood cells are mutated or some shit and don't carry iron right? I don't really know but i got a diagnosis for it in middle school).

I personally use:
Cigarettes (For appetite suppression + already addicted and just waiting until I'm more confident I can quit without resorting to binging for problems instead of chainsmoking)
Caffeine (because my sleeping habits are garbage even on a healthy diet. I'm legitimately permanently tired)
Cannabis (Speeds up metabolism so it's excellent to smoke before cardio, and lesser buildup of acids in the muscles when you lift, so I don't get sore as easily meaning i can stay active throughout the week easier)

That's about it but if you don't live in a legal area/like weed already idk if you'll be into picking that one up. THe others aren't great habits to pick up lol.
>>
>>41089904
Dude legit me the day after my birthday where I let myself eat like shit (I don't do cheat days so this was my one cheat day). I ended up eating shitty two days after too because the crappy food put me into such a depressed state.

Just remember this; Aesthetics aren't the only important part of weight loss. Aim for being healthy and the rest will follow.
>>
>>41089918
Did you properly measure out your portions or just guess?
If you have all the facts right, measurements right, etc, then no you probably counted right.

That said you mentioned breakfast and dinner but not lunch so chances are your fuck up comes from you skipping a meal.
>>
File: weightlossproblem.png (32KB, 1053x897px) Image search: [Google]
weightlossproblem.png
32KB, 1053x897px
>>41089904
>>41089922

I'm not that fat to begin with. I used to lift a lot and have good, even visible chest and arm muscles, though less so than when I was slim obviously.

But I got myself a gut by being a lazy shit and ordering out constantly. And now that I'm trimming it off, I find right now, I look worse. The image I've included will show you why. It makes the shitty parts more noticably because of proportion. The bits around them slim down and so they're more noticably fat, in essence.
>>
File: 1468294362536.png (148KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1468294362536.png
148KB, 400x400px
Man, something just clicked with me and intermittent fasting. Just leave my snacking til after dinner and stay under 1500 kcal easily.
>>
>>41089993
>That said you mentioned breakfast and dinner but not lunch so chances are your fuck up comes from you skipping a meal.
didn't skip adding it, i only eat twice a day

>Did you properly measure out your portions or just guess?
everything was measured properly except the chili, so i went by the capacity of the bowl i used and put in the highest number it could feasibly be (2.5 cups was my guess, going by a 3 cup bowl)
if the only thing standing between me and a healthy diet was cutting out my habit of wandering downstairs and eating whatever i find when bored i'll be real pissed at myself for not starting earlier
>>
>>41089922
Avoid mirrors as much as possible.

For one, humans aren't meant to look at themselves as often as we do. Try not to look at your whole self in the mirror if you have to do your hair/makeup/whatever for work or something.

You'll have a better view of yourself if you only look at yourself once in awhile.

>>41089928
Ugh that's the worst part of trying to help a friend online/over the phone/whatever.
I had a friend who wanted to lose weight but insisted she ate healthy and talked to her doctor about it

But she never mentioned exercising, drank soda, and the few times she did let slip what she was eating it wasn't something very healthy or was something that could become unhealthy with the addition of one extra ingredient (like cheese or something).

I just keep hoping my own results will inspire them..

>>41089962
One day doesn't undo everything, and it's not like you're planning to eat the whole bar in one sitting, RIGHT anon? -imagine my stern look judging you here-

I live on the other side of the country to my family so there's no chance of me getting any easter chocolate this year, so honestly? Enjoy it. Just keep tracking your calories and if that serving of chocolate will push you over, save it for the next day. Be smart about it, don't be a fat retard.

and please don't water fast, that doesn't work for everyone.
>>
>>41089957
Adding another pic so anons with double chins don't feel discouraged from trying.
>>
>>41089191
do what Penn did , omad
one meal a day
>>
>>41090015

That is absolutely it. Most people get fat 1-3 hundred extra calories per day, every day. They don't binge or eat massive amounts. They just eat a liiiiittle to much. Every day.

Cut out the bullshit boredom eating and switching to slightly healthier food is literally all like 75% of people need to do. You don't need a special super diet, you don't need anything. Just don't snack so much, and eat a little healthier.
>>
>>41090015
Then it's either because you made everything on your own, which usually means less calories than commercially made food, or you're underestimating the bowl size (can try going to fill it with measured water to check if you're really that unsure).

If you're not hungry it's safe to end at 1000 calories if you usually make your mark, otherwise if the bowl size is correct and you're positive everything is counted right, you can eat a little extra of something to get in the extra calories (I usually go for a protein bar just for simplicity when i have this problem).

Doing it regularly can slow down progress of weight loss but once in awhile eating lower isn't a big deal.
>>
>>41090027
Just gonna post a few more since fitspo is good to have on the /fat/ thread. Feel free to post any males you have, i'm femanon so i only have females

Pic related's after picture has my ideal body. I want girl abs so bad. So far just have fat-girl abs (Look up plus sized models, a lot of them have those defining lines on their bellies but still fat as fuck. that's what i have right now)
>>
>>41090040

It won't slow down weight loss, wot?

But it is bad. And the reason it's bad is that.... how do you envision this ending? What happens when you hit your goal weight?

Personally, I've been telling people I'm slimming down and they're like 'oh you're on a diet'? And I can't be bothered to explain that no, I'm making an attempt to change my diet permanently.

You want to create a sustainable long term change that when you hit your goal weight you can just stick with.

I almost recommend finding the maintenance calories for your goal weight and eating that to lose weight. You just eat that until you hit the proper weight and then keep eating that to stay there.

So you want to hit your calorie targets just because you want your body to adjust to consistently eating 2000 calories or whatever it is. If you're constantly eating 1000 one day, 2000 the next, 1500 the next day, 2000, 1000 again, etc.... it's hard for your body to become accustomed to a healthy diet if it's constantly changing. Better to intentionally hit your goal as often as possible so by the time you're where you're going, your body is just like "cool this is how much we eat now" and you won't bounce back up.
>>
>>41090062
>>
>>41090062

She looks actually pregnant there. Like the belly shape is a dead ringing for being knocked up.
>>
i want to be a muscle bear looking dude.

I'm 6'2 and 350

oatz an squats are a given
>>
>>41090069
Yes it can. Google "can eating too little slow down weight loss." You find a lot of results that agree. Every fucking time I bring it up someone wants to argue and they always shut up once I post the links so i'm too lazy to go digging around for it this time. Trust me, it does happen and it's why a lot of people find losing weight is "hard" when a lot of know, actually, it's really easy if you're in control of yourself.

Will you eventually lose again? Yes. But it can slow down if you CONSISTENTLY eat too little.

It's not like fasting where you're not eating anything yknow? Your body is still getting some food. It's not "starvation mode meme" either.

That aside, you're correct on the long-term diet change. This is why I really suggest people DON'T fast, or do keto (some people get sick on keto after reaching their results). since the former doesn't teach you any healthy habits. Plus associating weight loss with not eating isn't really a healthy mindset to develop.
>>
>>41090092

Well you can't fast long term. Eventually you need to eat something. It's just better to learn to eat healthy. People who're like "I'mma fast the weight off then go back to eating mcdonalds every day except one week a month where I don't eat anything" are retards. Just learn to eat healthy.
>>
>>41090074
You'd think that but i've met many girls who's fat deposited in this way and yes, they were asked many times if they were expecting.

Either way she still lost all the baby weight so it's still an accomplishment since it's sometimes even harder to get motivated and focused on losing weight after having a baby that now consumes your life.
>>
>>41090128

Yeah, no doubt. It wasn't a "Fuck her she's cheating like half of that is baby which goes at once!"

Just wondering.
>>
>>41090125
I agree with you there. Fasting is good short term. For some people it can work in a beneficial way by clearing out the sugar and salt in your system (lessening cravings when you go back to eating) and shrinking your stomach (the organ) but long-term as a weight loss thing is stupid. A lot of people gain back half the weight after a fast just by eating again even if it's healthy.

Just learn to eat healthy from the get go or after one brief fast like i just described. I mean i've said it before but even people who fast for religious reason (Hebrews and muslims) still eat at sundown.
>>
>>41090136
Hahaha fair enough bro.

Here's one that definitely isn't pregnant.
>>
>>41090147
Last one for now unless someone requests I post more. I'll post em occasionally when i'm in /fat/ in the future though. I think in general they're fun to look at.
>>
>lost 80 pounds so far, close to goal weight
>didn't take ANY before pics because I assumed I would have just given up at some point

it's a mixed feel
>>
File: image.png (78KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
78KB, 640x1136px
Started doing cardio again lads, ran about 3 miles earlier tonight. I think my blood sugar may be low as I'm weak af right now waiting on my dinner to cook
>>
so is "sugar from fruit is more healthy than sugar from other things" bullshit?
there's a ton of pineapple downstairs
>>
>>41089877
>as i'm pretty sure restaurants are legally required to have this information available nowadays

That's only for chains of a certain size.
>>
File: image.png (100KB, 600x553px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
100KB, 600x553px
>>41090172
>>
>>41090140

Honestly the big secrets to weight loss, I'd say; like if I had to give someone a list of "do these things and you'll lose weight" is this stuff:

1) No caloric drinks. I personally love pepsi max and drink it often. I drink water as well. But the point is, I'm not gonna say "ONLY DRINK WATER OR KILL YOURSELF NOW" but nothing with calories.
2) Cook for yourself. If you dont' know how, learn. You have to if you're serious about staying slim
3) Eat more vegetables.
4) Be conscious of your eating. Eat because you choose to eat, not because you just sorta eat.
5) Enjoy the food you eat. You'll give up if you hate it.

>>41090180

There's supposedly 50 calories in 100 grams of pineapple. That's the only number you need to concern yourself with.
>>
>>41090172
nice, when did you start ur journey
>>
>>41090172
Dude that's awesome either way. Do you have any pics from that time even non-before pics? Like a pic someone took of you that you didn't like or anything? Even if it's from during your journey.

If not you might be able to do the whole "Put on my old clothes" progress pic too, like stretching out an old pair of jeans to show the size difference :)
>>41090180
As long as you don't eat too much and go over calories you don't have to worry. You can get fat off just eating fruit but if you're still watching how much you eat it's not going to affect you bruh.

The source of sugar matters mostly because of how it spikes on the glycemic index (Compare say, agave to cane sugar) and is more of a concern if you focus on clean eating or if you're diabetic.

>>41090192
Thanks I wasn't positive on this.

>>41090194
Do the same thing i suggested in this same reply, the whole "wear your old pants" pic.

>>41090195
1: Agreed. Even if you have to switch to diet soda it's better than drinking the regular soda (even the sticky says as much). I say juice is fine once in awhile but i usually use it as a replacement for a snack personally (and i only buy the hipster cold pressed juices so there's no added sugars to it and i like shaking them lol)
2: Absolutely. It's better for saving money too, and you can learn to make your favourite foods in healthier ways
3: Yes you can eat shitloads of vegetables. I loved shocking my husband by giving him a salad and seeing him say "I didn't expect to be full eating that but i can't eat another bite."
4: Bored eating was my kryptonite as a fatty.
5: Exactly. If you can't live on your diet you won't stick to it.
>>
It just feels like time flies so fucking slow on a diet, while when I'm eating my feelings away time flies in the blink of an eye.

Any way to change this? Please, if you have experience, do tell.
>>
>>41083205
It wont be 5000cals in one meal.. ubless ure dome uber fatty allready at 160+ kg eating 3 pizzas in one sitting
>>
>>41084343
I've seen a few of his pics around 4chan. Any source i want to Investigate
>>
File: image.jpg (28KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28KB, 1280x720px
I just ate 9.5oz of chicken breast, 225 grams of sweet potato fries, and half of a complete cookie.

Why do I still feel hungry, tried, and weak af??
>>
>>41090305
go sleep
>>
>>41090288
https:// openload co/f/wJLFYbWf3dg

POP OFF JAMES
>>
>>41090321
But I want to awake and shit post on /fit/

>plus I slept all day
>>
>>41089944
We're getting a PF in a few months but everything I've heard about it is terrible except for the price (cardio and single workout machines only, no free weights, getting scolded/kicked out for loud grunting or another "lunk" behavior, free pizza and bagel days, hidden fees for downgrading/discontinuing membership, ect). I'll probably check it out once it opens but I'm not expecting anything great.

The only other feasible option is my school's gym, but that's only open for 6 hours four days a week, it's incredibly small and always packed when I go in there, so there's a wait for machines.

I'll probably just start walking/jogging since it's getting nice out again and get my cardio that way.
>>
>>41087934
You're doing great, but have you considered leaving him? Do you really want him around you if he won't support you? Although for now, your best bet is to pull it together and put on a happy face for your friend, it's what I would do.
>>
>>41089962
>tfw no confess your sins wojak
>>
>>41089850
>cardio
You fucking idiot
>>
>>41090552
instead of calling me an idiot, how about you like give actual input?
>>
>>41087859
What's the routine?

I need a new routine after been out of the gym awhile
>>
>>41090748
cardio for a 400 pound person isn't needed for weightloss, hell might be dangerous.

literally just diet and walk around for the first 150 pounds.
>>
>>41090552
You are a jackass
>>
>>41090748
Cardio will have a large impact on their joints but getting them moving more will help long term for forming habits. Simple stuff like moving around the house more or light walking.
>>
>>41087983
hope this isn't stupid to point out but they look even thicker when you sit down
>>
>>41090970
>>41090795
they are already mobile, and go on hikes. cutting and cardio was the next obvious step
>>
>>41091265
>400 pounds
>hiking

pretty sure someone that is 400 lbs could hit 150 bpm walking on a level surface for 5 minutes
>>
>>41091390
>>41091390
>>41091390
>>41091390
>>41091390
NEW THREAD

NEW THREAD
>>41091390
>>41091390
>>41091390
>>
>>41090266
Don't eat food you hate.
Do you crave a burger? Then make a burger, just make a healthier one. Try turkey instead of beef, instead of ketchup and mayo, try avocado, instead of a bun, try it on a wrap.
Etc for any food you're craving. If you're counting calories and plan around things like this it shouldn't make time crawl for you.

But in general weight loss is slow. It's just a fact of life.
>>41090343
If it's your only option, it's your only option. The fuck are you doing right now that's better?
That said, not all PF are made equal. Most don't actually give a shit if you grunt as long as you aren't obnoxious about it, only time i've seen the lunk alarm pulled is in youtube troll videos or when people are throwing weights, mine in NY had free weights so this might be something newer locations are getting that old ones might not have. Depends on the size of the location too which, again, newer places are more likely to have better spots.
As for the "hidden fees" there's nothing hidden about it. You sign a contract when you sign up like any place. To downgrade or quit early means breaking your contract, thus, there's a fee.
As for the pizza and bagels, yeah they serve it and i think it's retarded but if you're not a disgusting pig you shouldn't be bothered by it. Just avoid the two days a month you do it (it's consistently the same day each month, they'll tell you about it).
But overall it's a good basic gym if you're broke and need a place that works with your schedule. Just supplement everything else at your school gym. Less time there means less waiting for equipment. Plus they'll give you a free tour of the place if you go in to sign up so you can decide for yourself if it's something you can work with when it opens.

Try thinking for yourself instead of listening to what /fit/ says all the time dude, plenty of fitizens use PF because it's their only option and they do just fine. Unless you're already skinny and are just DYEL it's enough.
>>
>>41090446
He supports me in every single other way, we are completely compatible, he doesn't abuse me physically or verbally or even call me names when we argue (A pact we have so we don't build resentment and communicate instead), he's cute, we're married, and if the literal only thing is that he's as lazy as I am, I can work with it.
I just need to bring myself to be a little harder on him when he's too lazy and I think he'll turn it around.

Why is it everyone on the internet's first thought is "leave them" when anyone has even the smallest complaint? It's like you live in a la-la land where if a relationship isn't 100% perfection it's broken.

>>41090795
>No cardio
>suggests walking
You're a retard. There's lots of low impact cardio and exercises she can do

>>41090748
Make sure you suggest the low-impact stuff she can do. It's fine if she already hikes but for something more intensive (which she'll need to shed the pounds quicker obviously) make sure you look into stuff like that
Some obvious ones are
-Swimming
-Elliptical
-Some cross trainers are basically ellipticals with incline
-Dancing can be low-impact if she enjoys stuff like zumba. Tell her to replace more intensive moves (Like the jumping moves) with side steps or marching in place.

I have semi-shitty knees from being fat for so long so this is how I started getting into cardio and I haven't had any negative results personally.

>>41090795
Saying it's not needed for weight loss for an obese person is retarded. Everyone needs cardio, there's just lower impact kinds.

Watch some of the shows about fat people getting back on track that aren't about bed-bound fatties, almost everyone puts them on a treadmill walking briskly or an elliptical.

>>41090904
I agree with this anon. You're a jackass.

>>41091279
If you don't have someone doing something they enjoy (Not all hikes are steep btw so she's probably handling it just fine) then they won't stick with it.

>>41091397
ah fuck didn't see this
Thread posts: 324
Thread images: 53

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.