[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>"Researchers from Memphis University measured muscle

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0166.jpg (70KB, 640x388px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0166.jpg
70KB, 640x388px
>"Researchers from Memphis University measured muscle activity of the front, middle, and rear deltoids, as well as the upper and middle traps during upright rows performed with a close grip (half of shoulder width), a shoulder-width grip, and a two-times wider-than-shoulder-width grip. With the two-times shoulder-width grip, the muscle activity of both the middle deltoid and even the rear deltoid increased by more than 20% compared with the close grip. Also, the wider grip increased muscle activity of the upper traps."
>>
got a citation?
>>
>>41070301
>no source
>>
>>41070301
>caring about shit like this
>>
>>41070301
interesding....
>>
>>41070301
boy im of to the gym to do some impingement rows right now!
>>
Literally going down the impingement highway
>>
>>41070301
doesn't matter when upright rows are bad for your shoulders no matter how good your form is
>>
>>41070377
>>41070393

sub 200lb "males" spotted
>>
>>41070301
Nobody here actually does close grip upright rows, do they? That shit literally destroys your shoulders.
>>
>>41070413
yeah bro fuck medical science no pain no gain XD
>>
When the fuck do you do these? Pull? Push? Heavy or light?
>>
>>41070376
kek
>>
Not OP, but found article:

http://www.flexonline.com/training/shoulders/close-grip-vs-wide-grip-upright-row
>>
>>41070447
>>41070377
>>41070376

How are people dumb enough to hurt themselves? If you do it with a moderate weight that you can control and are not using lots of momentum to get it up, you will naturally feel when you've reached the end of the range of motion your shoulder allows unless you have zero kinesthetic awareness.

Someone explain to me how you will injure your shoulders doing these sensibly, like with a 2 up 2 down tempo or similar for 10 reps?

Why would you want to do it for 3 reps with an explosive concentric, its not a high pull. It's like leg extensions - pretty safe if you don't have existing injuries and are doing it for higher reps with control, quite dangerous if done for low reps as fast as possible.

I feel like most of you guys are just parroting shit without having thought about it...
>>
Guys, guys,
what about upright rows with dumbbells?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkpCTyjGlZo
Anyone got experience with it? My shoulder is quite vulnerable to shitty exercises but maybe it's a ROM that the shoulder can perform. Israetel knows his shit r-right?
>>
or you can just do face pulls
>>
>>41070586
read about shoulder anatomy and how your rotator cuff work
>>
>>41070301
You shouldn't be using too close a grip on upright rows anyways
>>
>>41070699
So you think rotator cuff tears and shoulder impingement happens with no pain or warning before hand when doing a controlled movement with a low weight? Just suddenly snap? If you move into an impinged position you will feel discomfort
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.