[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

About how strong do my legs have to be to reliably kick a door

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

About how strong do my legs have to be to reliably kick a door down? What's a good leg routine to get there?
>>
Squats and deadlifts will do it but you don't actually need to be that strong to put a door in.

You need to have some good weight on you and you need to be able to transfer it forward and through the door at the right spot.
>>
>>41062633
depends what kind of door. post pics so I can access the required kicking level
>>
>>41062645
>>
>>41062633
Depends. You have to kick by the lock, but if it's reinforced probably won't work
>>
>>41062665
woah. thats a pretty big door

probably not achievable natty anon. sorry
>>
>>41062633
I've kicked a vending machine and exploded the glass/plastic before. Sounded like a fucking gunshot. Idk it was natural but I truely put 100% into that kick, if I didn't break it open I probably would have fractured my ankle or something.

I've also kicked open a door while drunk because reasons
>>
>>41062633
Kicking in a door is easy mode.

Kick between the deadbolt and the handle. Make sure to keep as much of your inertia and power traveling as HORIZONTAL as possible and avoid a bent knee during impact.

The point in kicking between the lock and handle is to make sure that the door can't flex and shock absorb any of the power you put in.

Then as long as the frame isn't a steel one you'll easily be able to break the chunk of wood holding both the lock and handle.
>>
It's not really strength, more technique. Try donkey kicking (not like your picture), and do it right on the other side of the handle, abeam of the lock.
>>
>>41062633
You can shoulder a door too as long as you follow the horizontal rule.

But with that you'll want to time your shoulder and hip contact with the door to be damn near identical.
>>
I was like 13 and I kicked in the side door to my garage because i was too lazy to find the key. It isn't hard, just lean into your kick.
>>
File: IMG_3025.jpg (35KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3025.jpg
35KB, 300x225px
>>41062633
Depends on the door but it's not usually hard, I'm a fireman and kick in pretty much every door to a house on fire, every once in a while if it's barricaded I use my Denver tool, it's just a sledge/axe thing but I prefer kicking it open and leaving the tool the belt strap of my tank.
>>
>>41062665

Why would you need to kick that door, its already open.
>>
>>41062665
Just a vault door dyel son?
>>
>>41062979
>I'm a fireman

How hard was it to get the job? Been seriously considering.
>>
>>41062749
I have creatine.
>>
>>41062749
4u
>>
>>41063254
Also curious, my local fire department is hiring and fighting fires seems to give you MAD GAINZ
>>
>>41063981
One of my buddies tried to get into firefighting a couple years back, since he's pretty fit.
Apparently the EMT certification kicked his ass, so I guess be prepared to study more than anything?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.