[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've recently noticed that i'm getting stretch marks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: file.png (2MB, 1600x1066px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
2MB, 1600x1066px
I've recently noticed that i'm getting stretch marks in the inside of my elbow crease from biceps. This caused me to rethink the reason why I started lifting and made me realize that none of us really have an end goal with this lifting thing. When does it end? Surely there will be a point where you achieve your ideal size and don't want to go any further? I think that people who continue to lift out of habit have body dysmorphia syndrome.

Now that I realize this I feel that I am enough and always was. I don't need to get bigger to become happier. Self acceptance is a huge part of lifting I think.
>>
>>41057922
>I think that people who continue to lift out of habit have body dysmorphia syndrome.

Once you achieve your ideal size you still have to keep lifting or your muscles will atrophy down to nothing again.
>>
>>41057922

the act of working out itself releasesendorphins and has massive benefits for long term health and cognitive function

but yes if youre just going to roid out or starve yourself compulsively to 4% bodyfat that's retarded
>>
Wise insight. Explore it further.
>>
>>41057954
Cardio / sports can release endorphin and that does not involve lifting weights
>>
>>41057922
I agree, I'm with you in that lifting's one of those things that, past a certain point, we just keep doing out of habit/to avoid atrophy/dysmorphia.

That said...it's fun, it makes me happy, I like setting goals, and as long as I don't go full "BREAK PAST HUMANITY RICH PIANA" mode and have a good balance of life/sleep/diet/cardio/strength training then idgaf and will keep lifting
>>
>>41057922
>Surely there will be a point where you achieve your ideal size and don't want to go any further? I think that people who continue to lift out of habit have body dysmorphia syndrome.
>people who want to maintain their ideal size have body dysmorphia
>people who lift out of enjoyment or for the health benefits have body dysmorphia
>>
>>41058024
>>41057922
Maintaining your size/physique is as much of a goal as "improving" (whatever your definition of that may be) your physique is. So no, it never ends; you could say that the main goal switches from encouragement of "positives" (i.e. hypertrophy, strength gains) to prevention of "negatives" (i.e. atrophy, gaining fat, etc.)
>>
Stpeach truly has a goat ass
Yet i hate her face and voice
Weird how2feel
>>
>>41058060
3 days a week gym is not maintenance
>>
>>41058081
see >>41058153
>>
>>41058060
going to the gym isn't "work"

it is play/leisure time
>>
>>41057922
>none of us really have an end goal with this lifting thing. When does it end?

when we finally find a qt gf
so, for most of us on /fit/, never
>>
>>41058174
But once you get a girlfriend you'll still be a loser
>>
>>41058188
but who cares about being a loser when you have a loving gf/wife and kids?
people only really freak out about being considered a loser because of the loneliness and isolation that comes with it.
>>
>>41058219
because you imply that getting a girlfriend is an achievement not a supplement to an already awesome life.
>>
>>41057934
What is a good routine to maintain current weight and muscle mass? surely you cant lift too much or you'll become bigger
>>
>>41058496
Just eat maintenance
>>
>>41057991
>egg has protein
>cake also has protein
>therefore they are completely interchangeble
are you really this retarded
>>
>>41057922
Should of used moisturizer to prevent those stretch marks OP.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.