[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Since our bodies can only absorb 20 grams of protein per hour

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 1479886335026.jpg (14KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1479886335026.jpg
14KB, 480x270px
Since our bodies can only absorb 20 grams of protein per hour wouldn't it be best to eat no more than 20g of protein each meal considering the rest will just be wasted?
>>
No you tell your body to absorb more or you'll kick its ass
>>
>>41049194
>broscience

Your body will absorb basically whatever you put into it. You can eat super high protein content meals, you'll be digesting them for much longer than an hour OP.
>>
>>41049255
But will the protein all get used for building muscle?
>>
It's more like 30 per hour, and it takes several hours for your body to process a meal.

The amount of protein that you can absorb from a single MEAL, therefore, is difficult to calculate but it's almost certainly well over 100g.
>>
>>41049265
either that or fat, just tell it which one
>>
Or, to look at it another way, 23/1 IF would not be viable if you could only absorb 20-30g per meal. Everyone who attempted it would suffer a massive protein deficiency.
>>
>>41049293
They do actually. You go catabolic if you don't eat every couple hours
>>
>>41049302
This is retarded broscience as long as you're lifting and eating protein you won't lose any decernable amount of muscle

You are VASTLY underestimating the body's affinity to keep your muscles intact especially if you're above 10% bf
>>
>>41049302
>You go catabolic if you don't eat every couple hours
Shut the fuck up.
>>
File: 7550629.jpg (51KB, 938x477px) Image search: [Google]
7550629.jpg
51KB, 938x477px
>>41049302
>the human body breaks down muscle if you don't eat every few hours
>not fat that is specifically produced to provide an energy reserve for time you're unable to procure food
>>
>>41049194

https://examine.com/nutrition/how-much-protein-can-i-eat-in-one-sitting/

/thread
>>
File: 12312312.jpg (44KB, 655x527px) Image search: [Google]
12312312.jpg
44KB, 655x527px
>>41049194
If you concentrate on absorbing the protein, you can train your body to absorb more than 20 grams per hour. Like anything, or body can be trained to adapt
>>
Your body absorbs different amounts of protein depending on how much insulin you have in your blood. Eating simple carbs with protein after a workout will spike your insulin causing more immediate absorption. Same goes with first thing in the morning, your body has higher insulin levels.
As mentioned above, your body will adapt to you constantly barraging it wit protein and will learn to love it.
>>
>>41049285
I liek you :^)
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.