[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So /fit/ I want to become the best fighter I can be. What muscle

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: Guile.jpg (61KB, 480x720px) Image search: [Google]
Guile.jpg
61KB, 480x720px
So /fit/

I want to become the best fighter I can be. What muscle groups should I focus on? And how can I make my punches more powerful?

Personally I am a hardgainer, So I would need a diet that fits my metabolism.

What exercises should I do, and how much?
Any tips are greatly appreciated.
>>
is this a bait thread?
>>
>>41047255
Nah, I'm genuinely asking for advice.
>>
>>41047248
>bleached spiked hair
>American flag sticker tattoo
Looks like you are ready to go, just contact rogan directly for booking
>>
>>41047340
It's a cosplay of Guile from Steet Fighter
>>
>>41047248
Punching is largely posterior chain based if you learn to do it properly

Train legs, train core in rotational movements so you can link the power from your legs with your upper body efficiently. You can train the anterior portion of the upper body but don't make it a focus. Instead focus on upper back for body work, especially the traps as they are your biggest upper body muscle and thus hold the most potential strength in the area.

Also train muscular and cardiovascular endurance, upper and lower.
>>
>>41047248
>Personally I am a hardgainer, So I would need a diet that fits my metabolism.
Don't post here, next you're gonna tell us you're also an endomorph.
>>
>>41047248
His flag tattoo is facing the wrong direction...
>>
>>41047354
Dooo da dododoooo doo doo da doo do doooo doooo do
>>
File: IMG_0203.jpg (37KB, 470x698px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0203.jpg
37KB, 470x698px
>>41047399
>train your back to punch harder
Pic related

>>41047248
Abs play a part in being able to throw combos as well as being able to take body shots [see young mike Tyson] but as far as sheer punching strength you was to train triceps, chest, and delts. Biceps come into play as well for uppercuts and hooks though. Any routine where you add muscle to your body will help your punching strength desu. The best thing you can do though is to just practice your punching. There's a lot of technique that goes into being able to punch at your maximum effeciancy. Knowing how to put your weight into it etc etc.
>>
>>41047248
>how can I make my punches more powerful?
Primarily better technique throwing them and better timing/skill as to when you throw them. That is literally the most important thing.
If you lift, do fullbody explosive lifting. Olympics and variants. A good punch uses the hips and involves footwork.
>>
>>41047248
Lol the faggot has the flag tattooed on the wrong way.
>>
>>41047248
Is that Lt Surge?
>>
>>41047248
heard about forearms.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrDzOuqR0-g
this is a good exercise for having better punching power
Focus on making your core stronger- you will need it both for better attacks and for protecting your insides
Make your training more endurance oriented- lasting just a minute longer than your opponent is in most cases key for winning
>>
wtf guile has gyno?
>>
>>41048860
Hips. All about the hip rotation.

Get a punching bag and hang that shit. Pound on it daily.
>>
>>41047535
>>41047399
Each of these guys are partially correct. You should train your arms too because you'll want to be able to throw fast punches when you want, then immediately switch to the harder punches that use your core muscles (and rotation/ground chaining) for the force. So that way you could do a combo and finish it with a knockout punch

Then you'll need good fighting and situational awareness. When I say fighting awareness, I mean things like at which angle should your elbow be when you land a hook, or if you slip a punch where is that going to put you and what can you hit (anatomically). Then situational awareness, SHOULD you fight, and if you can is there something you can fight with (a brick, whatever)?

Being the best fighter isn't about being strong AT ALL. It's about competency and ability to follow through on your thoughts/ideas of what you are able to do.
>>
>>41047354
>It's a cosplay of Guile from Steet Fighter
>still has eyebrows
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.