[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fighters, grapplers, and Martial Artists of /fit/, how do you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: crocop.jpg (40KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
crocop.jpg
40KB, 600x400px
Fighters, grapplers, and Martial Artists of /fit/, how do you train?

>What MAs do you practice?
>How's your lifting routine like?
>Do you do active recovery?
>How's your diet?

Me:
>Kyokushin 2hrs/4x week
>AB full body splits 3-4x/week. Mostly DB stuff so as to not overload my recovery
>Running or Yoga on off days. Foam Rolling sometimes.
>Mostly meat, vegetables, and rice. I drink a lot of milk too because eating solid food in the morning makes me feel a little sick.
>>
>>41047194
I would honestly rather get cancer than be kicked by Crocop.
>>
File: received_10206541657300049.gif (1MB, 272x204px) Image search: [Google]
received_10206541657300049.gif
1MB, 272x204px
>MMA training, 3-4x per week
>Lift weights 2-3x per week
>Swim occasionally on off days (currently more of this with back injury)
>fairly clean, lean meat + rice/pasta + green veg almost every day

Annoyed that I can't train right now, it's fun :(
>>
>Labral tear 7 days/week
>Non existent
>Running to combat severe depression
>Eating just absolute fucking garbage because I can't wrestle, roll or randori
>>
>>41047194
>kyokushin
>finally gets in fight
>side kicks aren't effective
>>
>>41049297
>side kicks aren't effective

Then you aren't doing them right.
>>
Me:

>BJJ 2hrs/3x week (I'm a hobbyist, not going to Pans)

>Body weight stuff plus stretching. Running and grappling for endurance.

>Take random days off.

>90/10 Paleo/non-paleo.
>>
>>41047194
Dear Muay Thai/Kickboxing bros of /fit/

My trainer organized a fightnight last year and something has bothered me since.
4 of our guys fought there and they were visibly lacking explosivity and grit compared to the fighters of other gyms. What the fuck do you guys do to get that explosivity down?
>>
>>41051270
I always think of power/explosiveness as a consequence of proper technique. If you're sure that your guys' technique is solid, then they probably gassed out before the other fighters. I'd say work on endurance, and maybe mental toughness...although 5x5 in the big lifts won't hurt as long as you keep your priorities straight.
>>
What's your full week routine like?

I mean how do you fit the ma and lifting in together, you alternate days? Do ma on your lifting rest days? both on same days? if so what do you do first and do they have negative effects on each other?

Also for somebody who is a noob when it comes to both would you recommend starting one first over the other or just going ahead and starting both?
>>
>>41052155
Thing is, our fighters were very good technically. Mental toughness would be the best explanation
>>
>>41051270
wrestling/boxing. easily.

The only two disciplines that have explosive/intense practices. Easily the most exhausted I've ever been
>>
>>41052265
OP here. I usually lift in the morning and go to the dojo at night in the same days (m-w-f-sat). I feel like having full recovery days is very helpful. I know people who alternate. It's up to you.

I'd say start both but take your time and keep your goals straight. If you wanna be a fighter, resistance training is important, but sports-specific training is king. If you're deadlifting 3x a week and breaking PRs, but feel to fried to spar properly, then scale back on the lifting.
>>
>>41049262
I come to /fit/ so I can shitpost and forget that I also have a labral tear and have to go easy on training and I see this shit.

How are you putting up with it? Kineseology? I'm starting kineseology soon to treat it but I don't know what to expect. Thankfully it's an extremely mild case.
>>
AxBxA
BxAxB
3x5 Lifting routine here.
A day is bench, ohp, lat pulldown, bb curls
B day is deads, squats, power cleans, adductor machine, reverse hyper machine
MWF are lifting days, TTh are judo days, Friday is yoga, Saturday is Bjj.
On tournament month, I add running on judo days.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.