[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it even possible to learn to lift heavy shit with only

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: snap_city[1].jpg (123KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
snap_city[1].jpg
123KB, 1280x720px
Is it even possible to learn to lift heavy shit with only online resources?
>>
Well online resources and hands on experience, but yes it's a 100% doable.
Don't fall for the pt meme
>>
>>41046238
Have you managed without injuries?
>>
>>41046273
None so far, and I'm 42 lbs shy of the 1000 lbs club
>>
File: 1490043118025.jpg (36KB, 654x404px) Image search: [Google]
1490043118025.jpg
36KB, 654x404px
>wanting to lift ridiculously heavy shit that could potentially cripple you

why
>>
I don't know anyone that actually lifts heavy that isn't in some barbell sports club and has a coach.
>>
>>41046217
Yes.

YouTube. And a variety of ebooks.

Worry about form. Nothing but form.

Find footage of Olympic weightlifters copy their form.
Find footage of top competitive non-equipped powerlifters copy their form. (Equipped vs non is hugely different, and equipment doesn't come into play until heavy weight is being moved)
Avoid fitness celebrities
Avoid bodybuilders

Starting strength might be a meme, but rippe-Sama has good demonstration videos of good form.

chad and dr Mike seem to have sound advice.

Then books:

Read starting strength. Just do.
If you have mobility/flexibility issues read supple leopard.

Then investigate programmes that interest you. Many are for more advanced lifters, but if you compare them to starting strength you should be able to figure shit out.

If you are bamboozled, or overwhelmed by the different training regimes and programme designs, just do starting strength plus pull-ups to begin with.
Depending on your goals, moderate your caloric intake. Make sure you get enough sleep.

Have fun.
>>
>>41046217
yeah
>>
>>41046364
>rippe-Sama has good demonstration videos of good form.
His squat and clean forms are terrible.

Deadlift too is suboptimal.
>>
>>41046273
yes
hundreds of trainers on youtube and thousands of forums
>>
>>41046364
>SS

Every PT: GASP, don't do so low volume and heavy weight! Beginners should do high volume and low weight so they'll learn the form.
>>
1200 club.

I think everyone overthinks the deadlift, it's the most natural movement in the world ...

Get a gym bro to video tape you a couple of times squatting whatnot, compare to online videos.
>>
>>41046538
I futz up a couple times my lower back, but just overstraining. Nothing worth going to a doctor for.
>>
>>41046538
>I think everyone overthinks the deadlift, it's the most natural movement in the world ...

This is sort of what I'm thinking. I feel like my Deadlifts are fine ( though I'm at babby weights ). I can't tell for sure because no gym bro but I definitely don't feel like I'm rounding my back. Rest is fine-tuning.
>>
I taught myself how to lift using YouTube videos and Starting Strength around 2010. Squat 400+ Bench 275 deadlift 550. I recommend a 5x5 program so you'll be getting around 75 squat reps a week which adds up quick. You'll gain strength incredibly fast by just learning correct form and conditioning your CNS. Personal trainer isn't needed. Just be humble and start with the bar and watch a lot of YouTube videos.
>>
>>41046641
I'm doing 5x5 ( + lateral pull-downs because too fat and weak for pull ups ).

I'm glad to hear you got it to work. Hope I can too.
>>
learn the lifts by reading SS, they contain the best literary descriptions available anywhere.

learn the rest by watching youtube and shit. its not that hard anon

granted if you are doing oly you'll need a coach
>>
File: 1486497303750.jpg (18KB, 451x451px) Image search: [Google]
1486497303750.jpg
18KB, 451x451px
>>41046328
>going outside which can potentially kill you

why
>>
>>41046533
Except for the part where high volume = more chance of failure = bad form = snap city.

Moron.

Stop giving advice.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.