[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys quick question is foam rolling really that important?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 1484272838272.gif (290KB, 378x369px) Image search: [Google]
1484272838272.gif
290KB, 378x369px
Hey guys quick question is foam rolling really that important? Ive been doing it after each routine for the past few weeks and havent noticed any change from when it wasnt in my routine...
>>
I sometimes foam roll my IT band and glutes. I also use a lacrosse ball for my hips sometimes. It helps a little, but IMHO it's nowhere near as helpful as people say all the time.
>>
Wait till you start to lift heavy, then you will need foam rolling, or just do static stretching after your lifts or even on off-days.
>>
>>41045930
i think its a total waste of time for me. there's a guy at my work whp says he can't train without doing it beforehand though.

i don't even know what the fuck its supposed to do.
>>
File: 1488283962894.jpg (19KB, 400x270px) Image search: [Google]
1488283962894.jpg
19KB, 400x270px
>>41046711
>rolling around the floor on a giant dildo.

It's just a meme.
>>
Foam rolling is awesome when done right.
When I had one I would always do it after my workout to strech and loosen up my muscles. It's like giving yourself a massage.

The strong as fuck PT in my gym also foam rolls before lifting so yeah.
>>
>>41045930
Because it doesn't do shit.
Leave it out.
>>
what does foam rolling do? what do people who swear by foam rolling say that it does?

trying to think of a reason to include it but i've literally never heard of any reason to do so
>>
Some proper activation work helps a ton.

Foam rolling is a placebo meme and does jack shit.
>>
>>41045930
It works when you need it to work, but if you're just rolling around willy-nilly chances are you're not gonna get a lot out of it.
I get tight in my quads and hip flexor area, and rolling that out helps me in almost every lift. I can arch better when I bench (and not get cramps), lock out feels smoother when deadlifting, and I sometimes get a twinge in my hip when squatting that goes away. I can also get quad cramps when doing OHP that does away if I roll.

You need to do it slowly and painfully though. Lots of people just roll on it like a toy and complain it's not working. You're supposed to go slow, find a sore spot and stay on it, and let the weight of your body sink into it. Then you can move the muscle though ranges of motion for better/worse effect. When I find a good spot on my quads/hip flexors I slowly curl my leg like I'm doing a lying leg curl and it hurts like hell, but it also loosens it up great.
>>
>>41046852
>myofascial release doesn't do shit

stop posting
>>
>>41047061
>implying you are actually causing physical change when you foamroll
>>
Hey OP now I dont lift to heavy (but ill get there)about 310 on the bench. Does that mean I only foam roll the muscles that are bothering me? Or after every work out to stay flexible? Ive heard things about both
>>
>>41047087
except that's literally what you're doing if you do it properly

see
>>41047048
>>
>>41047176
Its like when you bump into something really hard and press down on it.

You suppress the pain signals, you don't actually change the tissue.
>>
>>41047262
you dont bump into things really hard in a methodical and systematic fashion several times a day you fucking dolt

make a routine, do it properly and stick to it, stop making dumb posts online, and you will see improvements
>>
>>41047293
>i dont know how my body works so ill just start shilling this jew meme scheme all over the internet
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.