[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My low bar squat looks like a perfect high bar squat. What

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: jarlolowbar.jpg (234KB, 600x567px) Image search: [Google]
jarlolowbar.jpg
234KB, 600x567px
My low bar squat looks like a perfect high bar squat. What am I doing wrong?
>>
>>41045082
For lowbar squats? You're going way too low. Lowbar squatting is for powerlifters who need to cheat ROM to do a lift.
>>
>>41045082
you initiate the descent wrong which is why your torso ends up so vertical
>>
>>41045082
You have incredibly short femurs and tibias in relation to your torso. You're an Olympic weightlifting coach's dream.
Technically you're better built for high bar, but do whatever you want.
>>
>>41045082
if that's you in the picture, you have the greatest squat leverages i've ever seen
>>
>>41045104
>Pic unrelated
I have long as femurs, and short torso. Still look similar to the pic.
>>
>>41045121
Then you need to set your hips further back and don't let your knees move forwards when you descend.
I'm the same build and squat a pretty vertical low bar as well. If it works then I don't see any issue. Feels all right for me.
>>
>>41045121
being bent over is not a good thing in the squat, ever

if you can upright lowbar and feel strong doing that it's going to be better mechanically
>>
>>41045093
>You're going way too low
please
>>
Dont look up like you are, and your back angle is all wrong.

Point your nipples to the floor and keep your head straight relative to your torso.

Boom. Low bar fixt.
>>
File: proper low bar squat.jpg (79KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
proper low bar squat.jpg
79KB, 1280x720px
>>41045082
Nothing, you're just good at squatting.
>>41045099
>>41046438
Contorting yourself like this is one of the most ridiculous memes ever and not in any way sustainable.
>>
>>41046484
why can't i squat like that

it's not fair

telescoping femurs when?
>>
>>41046484
Fucking hell thats a nice squat mate
>>
>>41045082
>>41046484
My wrist bends at the bar, is there a way to fix it? Any mobility work?
>>
>>41045082

Are you arching your back too much? can't really tell but that doesn't look neutral
>>
>>41046527
Put your hand higher so the bar rests at the bottom of your palm. Using suicide-grip allows you to angle your palm appropriately too.
>>
>>41045082
>what am I doing wrong
Not squatting high bar.
>>
>>41045236
I have a short torso and really long legs. When I go all the way down I feel forced to move my torso forward - am I just too weak or is this normal for long legged freaks like me?
>>
Your bar is too low for having a straight back angle like that
You're basically supporting the weight with your arms
>>
>>41045082
>What am I doing wrong?
Nothing, you have midget tier legs
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.