[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any vegboys lift? What is your diet plan? How do you get enough

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: 1485233814690.jpg (258KB, 921x960px) Image search: [Google]
1485233814690.jpg
258KB, 921x960px
Any vegboys lift? What is your diet plan? How do you get enough protein without soy overload?
>>
>>41037900
pea an brown rice. fuck soy
>>
>>41037910
so just carbs and powder
>>
>>41037900
Legumes
> beans
> nuts
> lentils
Grains
> oats
> rice
> kasha
> chia
Honestly, look at the macros of meat and unless it;s lean you're gonna see like 21g fat and 12g protein per serving, whereas beans could have 3g fat and 16g protein per serving. I still eat tofu every now and then (challenging to get it just right). There are plenty of protein powders that use pea and grain isolates like Vega, which you can get for cheap at Walmart. Discounting meat, there's still an expansive variety of foods and cuisine. The Anglo-Saxon diet is shit for it, so I prefer the Pacific Asian, South Asian, and Hispanic diets. Just don't fall into the Whole Foods meme
>>
>>41038023
Thanks. I'll have to look into lentils but other beans tend to hurt my stomach.
>>
>>41038083
>I'll have to look into lentils but other beans tend to hurt my stomach.
Soak them before hand to get rid of the indigestible sugars that cause flatulence. Then I usually toss them in the crockpot on low for several hours. Each bean has a different cooking time and maybe method of prep, so look up things beforehand. Going veggie taught me a lot about proper nutrition and cooking because I no longer had the ability to turn a blind eye.

Ease into it, like keeping dairy in your diet and gradually cutting down meals you eat with meat. It's definitely a cheaper way to eat (again, not if Whole Foods has anything to say), and you're not consuming (likely) physically and mentally ill animals. Hope you make it, anon.
>>
File: nice.png (44KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
nice.png
44KB, 657x527px
>>41038186
>>
>>41037900
All legumes will have higher levels of phytoestrogens than other plants, even if soy is the worst of the bunch for that.

IF you're non-vegan, ovo-lacto whatever the fuck (you eat eggs/dairy), then whey protein and eggs is really all you need for protein + plenty of fiber/micros from grains and vegetables. Eat tree nuts (almonds/pecans/etc) for extra fat/protein.

It's never hard to hit your macros with this, and none of the foods are even that expensive on their own.

I'm not saying you shouldn't eat beans or peas, either. But the key to any diet is balance, and these shouldn't be your only protein source.

Vegans have less choice. You should be getting 10-20g of soy protein a day, then filling in the rest with mushrooms/beans/nuts/seeds. Eating a variety of grains becomes necessary, and you'll have to eat bizarre/more expensive foods like quinoa. It's not gross or anything, but it becomes almost a lifestyle at this point supporting your diet, especially if you're poor like me.
>>
>>41038441
Phytoestrogens mostly block estrogenic activity if they do anything at all.
>>
>>41037900
i drink unsweetened soymilk with my oats everyday, for 2 years. Its worked great for me, half a liter everyday.
>>
File: 1489024890373.jpg (73KB, 569x600px) Image search: [Google]
1489024890373.jpg
73KB, 569x600px
>>41038023
This right here.
>>
>>41037936
no pea/brown rice protein powder.
i have 1 shake 1/2 cup oats 1scoop pea 1 banana 1/2 berries pre workout
1/4 cup peanuts 1scoop brown rice 1 banana 1/2 cup berries post workout

doing me good @90kg 1rm bench up from 70kg the start of the year
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.