[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I be more consistent with working out? I know it's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1489450535740.jpg (24KB, 750x573px) Image search: [Google]
1489450535740.jpg
24KB, 750x573px
How do I be more consistent with working out? I know it's all down to me and if I do it or not but sometimes I will just skip a workout after having a bit of a streak.. Is there any way to break the cycle? Any tips?
>>
> sometimes I will just skip a workout after having a bit of a streak.. Is there any way to break the cycle? Any tips?

Yeah, when you think about doing this, don't do it instead and you'll be working out way more consistently

Hope that helped :)
>>
if you have to force yourself to go to the gym you weren't going to make it anyway
>>
>>41034414
I get that bro but during this time it's like I have already defeated myself and mentally said 'not today'. I'm not lazy trust me, maybe I have an attitude problem..
>>
>>41034420
So what do I do? Help me Internet strangrr
>>
>>41034431

> I'm not lazy trust me
>>
>>41034431
>> I'm not lazy trust me
> I'm not lazy trust me
>>
>>41034444

Quads don't lie but OP does
>>
>>41034438
i'm just memeing you

do you legitimately like/love lifting weights? because i do, so it has never been an issue to make myself go lift weights

if I have some downtime there is nothing i'd rather be doing

it was that way when I started 6 years ago and it's that way today

if you don't like it maybe you should switch up your training so you look forward to it, or maybe you should make friends who lift or join some type of community that involves lifting, or maybe just find some other way to be fit
>>
The most commonly used trick is to work out your frustrations in the gym, or working out being used for a natty high that works suprisingly well against low level depression.

The second most commonoy used method is tricking yourself into thinking you're improving yourself, /fit/ is very helpful in getting you to improve yourself but most people I've met that use this trick are just fucking around on machines/doing bw exercises in the gym.

The third most commonly used trick is the social one, get a gym buddy that will call you up to get you to go with him and vice versa.
>>
>>41034381
You're regarding it as an active choice, something you might get around to doing if inspiration hits, or some shit. It's not. Lifting is simply something I do on specific days - just like cooking food or brushing my teeth.

I don't actively think or consider if I SHOULD brush my teeth, I just do it, because that's what I do every morning and evening.

Same with lifting, it doesn't matter if I fucking feel like doing it, I'm still going to do it.
>>
>>41034381
Are you logging your workouts and looking at your logs? Bad decisions make you feel bad but only afterward and only temporarily which doesn't really influence you to avoid making those decisions. Looking at your log and seeing the marks of missed workouts will give you at least some feeling of shame that ought to be actually helpful by giving you an emotional motivator to avoid skipping a workout beforehand instead of after.
>>
I loathed going to the gym for the first few weeks but I forced myself to follow Monday through Friday for a few weeks. I was going for weight loss, I wasnt focusing on ligiyng btw.

Anyway it got to the point where when you see the results of what ever you are going for you no longer have to force yourself and just want to keep going. At least that's how it was for me. Force yourself to be consistent until you see results , after seeing them you will want to keep up the good work naturally. Missing a day makes me feel worse tham going.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.