[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it healthy to play video games 12+ hours per day? As long

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: faker-850x560.jpg (28KB, 850x560px) Image search: [Google]
faker-850x560.jpg
28KB, 850x560px
Is it healthy to play video games 12+ hours per day? As long as I exercise daily I'll be ok, right?

The reason I'm asking is because I'm in masters on LoL right not, going to try to push to challenger and get picked up by a pro team. I don't want to neglect my health for it though.
>>
>>41023103
Lol retard you aren't going to go pro, and you will never be a twitch star getting paid to play vidya, and your actually stupid because unless you are full ching Chong Asian being a pro isn't even worth it since they consistently stomp white boi teams.

You are literally a last place olympia physique model whose goal in life is to be current branch warren.

Kys
>>
>>41023103
You're fucking stupid. No pro team is even going to look at someone outside of challenger. Don't even bother you fucking manlet.
>>
>>41023103
No it isn't healthy, but I imagine exercise will help negate the negative effects somewhat. In the absence of a study, conventional wisdom will have to do - and sitting in a chair for 12+ hours a day is not great for you.

We're all going to die someday anon so if you're enjoying it why the fuck not. Gl
>>
>masters
>doesn't have a stream
>trying to get picked up by a pro team
Avoid pro teams, what's gonna happen is you're gonna be picked by an useless as fuck team and lose all your matches because most qualification matches are rigged and your manager will probably be a jew

And yes, lifting will fix your shit but you gotta make sure that you do :
-deadlifts
-squats
-cardio 3 times/week
-barbell rows
-pullups
These will fix your back (which suffers from the fucking 12hours/day sitting on chair)

Also sleep on your back

P.S. : Anyone with forward head posture can fix it with this too

You're a fucking faggot, but more fitness
>>
>>41023229
You're a fucking faggot, but more fitness is always welcome*
>>
its not "healthy", but most careers arent.

make sure you're getting up to do some light dynamic stretches every hour or so, static stretching at night to maintain posture and joint ROM, as well as foam rolling multiple times per day (vary intensity, e.g. harder as the day progresses and to warm up for statics)

^^^^^this shit matters the most

beyond that, do some cardio 2-3x/week to start with, and some sort of lifting plan. doesnt matter what it is, just get it done.

>>41023152
>>41023184
and here come the faggots

>>41023204
this guy knows
>>
>>41023244
>and here come the faggots
>career

This is what we call delusional children
>>
>>41023229
idk about the LoL advice as im a dotafag (probably is true though)

but i should mention that squats and deads arent that necessary, any variant (even leg press + leg curl + back extension) works

>These will fix your back (which suffers from the fucking 12hours/day sitting on chair)
except gaining size without doing regular mobility work actually shortens your joint ROM over time. lifting does help posture in beginners though.

>Also sleep on your back
dont do this lol
fetal or on stomach (unless you have breasts, i guess)
back sleep reduces SWS and increases REM, airways aren't as open, and people prone to sleep paralysis wont have a good time
>>
>>41023294
He'll be doing cardio though, 3 times a week is more than enough

And for the sleep on stomach l feel like sleeping on your stomach does nothing, l've slept on my stomach my entire life and it's changed pretty much nothing, only 1 year into sleeping on my back and my forward head posture is p much gone and my posture is amazing, better than most people i see
>>
>>41023103
heyy I'm in a similar situation.

1) take a 5min break before you queue up for next game. this is the best time to review your mistakes of the previous game. during this time, don't look at any screens (computer, phone, etc). just stand up and walk around for a bit.

2) get a screen tinting software (Redshift, or flux if you're a normie). will save your eyes, especially if you play in a dark room.

3) sit with proper posture while gaming. hard to get used to but its worth it.

4) when you work out, include forearm exercises. I had some moderate RSI from gaming and strengthening my forearms helped immensely.

5) drink lots of water. should be peeing at least once every other game.

playing games for 12+ hrs every day obviously isn't extremely healthy, but its not *that* bad and you can definitely still be fit.
>>
>>41023294
>regular mobility work

what is this?
>>
hm
>>
>>41023334
>He'll be doing cardio though,

eh, thats not what i meant
people can develop breathing issues through chronic back-sleeping
also, snoring

>>41023358
the advice on forearm/grip training is good. be sure to train finger extension as well though to maintain balance (rice bucket or rubber bands, w/e)

hydration is good, could do intermittent fasting if you need to game for long sessions

>>41023379
dynamic, static stretches
foam rolling

google any program, they all accomplish the same thing

phrak's is fine
>>
>>41023103
You'll never be faker you stupid faggot
>>
just boost accs, you'll get much more money
>>
>>41023358
Don't drink as much water as this guy is saying. Literally no point.
Source: RN
>>
>>41023908
this. much more stable too
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.