[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can the cartilage under your knee repair itself. Ive been doing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 20170410_072137.png (1MB, 1439x973px) Image search: [Google]
20170410_072137.png
1MB, 1439x973px
Can the cartilage under your knee repair itself.

Ive been doing a lot of leg workouts lately
Tuesday wednesday and friday, along with running in the mornings.

My left knee has been feeling funky. There isnt pain, but sometimes it feels like its going to pop, or has crackling noise.

Am i fucked?
>>
>>41022227
Cartilage doesn't heal since it has no blood flow. However staying hydrated helps a shit ton. Also I have had some luck with collagen supplementation.

t. Arthritic knee and toes from injuries as a young teen. Doc wanted to fuse the toe joint 15 years ago. I refused and have no pain or limits on what physical activities I can do.
>>
>>41024615
Hhow does hydration and collagen affect it?
>>
>>41022227
Go see a doctor. They ought to be able to take a sample of fluid and check for inflamation if needed. It may mot be at a stage where repair is needed exactly, it's more than likely is just a little inflamed.
>>
>>41024930
this guy >>41024615 is only right about the hydration

collagen supplements are a waste of money guy. your body can't just "absorb" collagen into cells - your cells can only make usable collagen through the collagen making process.

its better to waste your money on vitamins (vit-c) to help your cells make more collagen than it is to take collagen pills. just eat healthier.
>>
>>41025006
Half true about collagen supplementation. You assume ones diet is sufficient enough in all the required amino acids. Although eaten collagen is broken down rather than directly absorbed it does ensure that you are getting all the required amino acids. Is it a must have? No, hence the word supplementation.
>>
>>41025166
i >>41025006 agree with this, but counter the claim that its worth buying collagen supplements - if you're looking for amino acids get a complete protein powder instead.
>>
>>41024930
Lrdr version. Water is absorbed into the cells keeping them plump and lubricated. Collagen provides all of the nutrients needed to build up the cells. A well rounded diet will do the same, but good luck finding agreement on whatever the fuck that means you should eat.
>>
>>41025166
A complete amino acid profile is present in almost all meat/dairy foods.

Your example of collagen supplementation is like saying you only eat the stringy bits of meat because you want your body to build more connective tissue
>>
What exercises are hurting your knees?

Stop doing them...

This took me over 30 years to figure out. Don't be me. Don't buy into the "you HAVE to do squats" nonsense. There are plenty of other exercises that will give you strong legs and not fuck up your knees.
>>
>>41022227

Take this from someone who cares about your anonymous self, if anything feels funny in the knees STOP what you are doing and reassess how you are working out.

Knee pain that develops can become chronic and fuck your shit up for the rest of your life.

Go see a GOOD physical therapist. Doctors don't know what the fuck they are talking about when it comes to this, believe me.

I had knee pain, and the doctor told me it was chronic and that I would need knee replacement in a few years when it deteriorates that far. Then I went to a proper physical therapist who identified my problems and prescribed me methods to fix it. I am feeling like 60% better

So overall, just do not neglect your knees
>>
>>41022227
I have a pair of nike sb shoes that fuck my left knee up
Whenever i wear them my knee starts popping really loud when i walk and it feels really uncomfortable
Takes 2 weeks for it to stop
Took me a while to realize it was the shoes that did this
>>
>>41022227
I had the same problem. Fix your squat form.
>>
YES it can heal, but it will take a very long time
most of the nutrients it gets is from the synovial fluid in your joint, it gets the rest from your bone underneath the cartilage
besically you should put some strain on it, but a lot less than you have been, stop running so much and ride a bike or something
also fix your form and lower leg workouts frequency
make sure you stretch so there are no overcompensations and pressure is equal on your tibial plateau

that's basically all you can do
>>
Blame Nike, Adidas and all the other shitty footwear companies
>>
>>41027763
Whats a good shoe company then?
>>
>>41028033
there's no good shoe companies, only good shoes

>merrell vapor glove 2
>new balance mt10v1
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.