[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello, sorry, just quick question couldn't find in sticky

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: My-Fitness-Pal-App.jpg (12KB, 236x260px) Image search: [Google]
My-Fitness-Pal-App.jpg
12KB, 236x260px
Hello, sorry, just quick question couldn't find in sticky or basic google search.

How can I speed up this MyFitnessPal stuff? I'm trying to eat everything at home but everytime I make a meal I have to fuckin make a new food item for every ingredient I used, put in all the nutrition info, then add to my food journal for the day. I spend 30 minutes making chicken paprikash and then another 30 minutes manually inputting everything into MyFitnessPal, it sucks. I don't have time to stop and do this for 30 minutes after every signle meal. That's like an hour and a half a day just food journaling I got shit to do. I'm willing to pay for the premium MyFitnessPal if it makes all this faster to journal???
>>
any help would really be appreciated

selfbump
>>
If you eat something regularly you can save it as a meal I think
>>
>>41014171
Yea I figured out how to save meals, so I got a few of my regulars saved. I guess to save time I could just save a bunch of meals I know how to make and only eat those meals.
>>
>>41013971
if it takes you 30 min to enter into mfp you are retarded or have some shit slow phone.
>>
>>41014244
My phone is a HTC One M8, it's a little old I guess It's kinda slow yea

But also it's just the macros and shit and not knowing how to fully navigate the app properly. It's like this it's like I put some chicken in the pan, salt, pepper, garlic, in a pot on another berner I got some green beans and in the rice cooker I have... rice... and I make myself a glass of water and a glass of iced tea

This is a normal dinner for me. But now I gotta sit down with all the things I used. The oil in the pain, the bag of chicken, the salt shaker, the pepper shaker, look up what a clove of garlic is nutritionally, estimate how much of the clove I put in, get the box the rice came from and get the can the green beans came from and now that I have all this shit I gotta manually put in all these numbers into a "new food item" page and manually add each of the food items I make into a "meal" and then select the meal and log that shit

Like fuck man, the app was not made for those who cook at home or what??? I don't understand why it takes so long there must be a basic function I'm missing or something like why does this app know the calories to basic fuckin ingredients already
>>
>>41014456
doesn't**
>>
>>41014456
Youre a fucking idiot

You dont need to manually put any numbers in, you just search your food on their database and put in how many grams, you can even scan the barcode

Youre over thinking it, your garlic, salt and pepper etc do NOT matter when counting calories, dont be a fucking moron

So heres what to do in future you have this stupid meal:
Weigh your raw chicken, search 'raw chicken breast' or scan the barcode, click the option, enter xgrams

Weigh your uncooked rice, search 'white/briwn etc rice uncooked' or scan the barcode, enter xgrams

etc etc
>>
>>41014518
This
>>
>>41014518
I don't doubt it, I am an idiot usually.

I did not know you could scan the barcode. I was unaware of that. That is legit. Also I have the app in my hand and I just searched for chicken breast and there is one that let's you put in the weight and it scaled with it.

Holy ssshiittt just tried the barcode thing duuuude. That's sooo much better. It pulled it right up and knew the servings and everything.

thank you anon, thank you.
>>
>>41014581
Thats okay bro

When I started counting calories I was so extremely over the top with it, trying to work out every little bit of a meal like the olive oil I fry in etc. these things dont matter and if you think theyre worth worrying about, then reduce them in your diet
>>
>>41014581

Glad you figured it out. I cook three different meals from scratch every day with 12+ ingredients each. Have them saved as meals, takes literally 30 seconds to input a whole days eating down to spices used, cooking spray, etc. Bar code thing def helps to get all your favorite recipes saved for future use.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.