[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this a meme? Been trying to get some cardio in with my lifts

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: cycling machine.jpg (5KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
cycling machine.jpg
5KB, 225x225px
Is this a meme? Been trying to get some cardio in with my lifts but it fucking sucks. This at least lets me shitpost.
>>
jason giovanni does 30 minutes a day on that and he is my dream body
>>
File: 281rc55.jpg (68KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
281rc55.jpg
68KB, 720x960px
>>41004218
pure piss
>>
>cardio
>>
File: p_625T_1.jpg (40KB, 1000x800px)
p_625T_1.jpg
40KB, 1000x800px
>not warming up with a 5-6 minute mile on the 'mill for an amazing runners high before you do some relaxing stretching and then start your squats
>not wanting to be a rounded person, developed in both strength and cardiovascularity, muscle and heart
>>
>>41004206
Get a real bike, ride outside in the fresh air, a sense of motion, and things to see. Stationary bikes are garbage, only good for maybe 30 minutes max at a time.
>>
>>41004206
Running at ~7mph was really boring for me, and I often skipped it if I saw that the benches/cages were free when I left the change room.

But running at 10mph-12mph feels really really good, just try it once anon.
>>
>>41004274
You don't get a 'runners high' until a long, long time after 5 or 6 minutes, fool.
>>
>>41004286
this.
>>
>>41004312
Well I've realized that I've never had a proper runners high now. Thanks.

But still I enjoy the sensation of being short of breath and blood pooling in your head and starting to feel your ankles become rubbery,
>>
>>41004274
b-but my gym only has bikes and stair walking machines
>>
I do 2h30m a day (weight loss), and cardio is fucking boring. Sometimes I think I might be losing my mind, I just want the fucking session to end.
>This at least lets me shitpost.
I tried to listen to podcasts, music and playing games while doing it, but trust me: you won't do either. You'll get really fucking mad 40 minutes in, and will look at the clock every minute, just waiting for the fucking thing to end.
What I do nowadays, and it somehow works, is download some gameplay videos off youtube and watch them with the volume turned off.

tl;dr Exercise bikes are really fucking boring. You can't take the boredom off them.
>>
>>41004426
>But still I enjoy the sensation of being short of breath and blood pooling in your head and starting to feel your ankles become rubbery,
I suspect your 5 to 6 minutes is largely anaerobic, and what you feel in your head and ankles is oxygen deprivation from being anaerobic, not a 'runners high', which is your brain producing and releasing endorphins. Try slowing that down to a 8 or 9 minute pace and holding it for at least 30 minutes, you'll be thoroughly warmed up after that.
>>
Just buy a bike and a bike trainer OP, that way you don't have another single purpose piece of equipment taking up space and you can also have a bike for transportation, cycling outside, or just riding for fun.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.