[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/fit/ is it bad to do multiple compounds per workout? I was basically

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 1397346127887.jpg (43KB, 550x449px) Image search: [Google]
1397346127887.jpg
43KB, 550x449px
/fit/ is it bad to do multiple compounds per workout? I was basically just thinking of doing:

>Deadlift
>Front/Back Squat
>Weighted Chins
>Barbell Bench
>Tricep Pushdown s/s Barbell Curl
>Back/Front Squat

Using AMRAP @ Highest weight I can

Thoughts?
>>
AMRAP at highest weight?

Do you just do the same routine every day? The idea is to give your muscles time to rest, hitting them over and over without a few days to recover will reduce gains
>>
>>41003274
Sounds better than most stuff noobs try to do? What is the progression and how often do you do that? Why not just follow starting strength?
>>
>>41003274
Try not to do more than 3 heavy compounds per work out because by the time you're done with them,you'll be ATP depleted and won't have enough energy to do isolations with proper form or proper volume
>>
You shoud probably just stick to 2-3 a day, because if you're actually pushing yourself everyday like you should, there is no way you will be able to do multiple sets of them during each workout.
>>
>>41003553
Not if I'm injecting pyruvate directly into my bloodstream at the same time.
>>
>>41003274

Just do SS.
>>
>>41003274
All on the same day? You wont have the energy unless you halfass everything
>>
>>41003492
>AMRAP at highest weight?

Yeah, so trying to PR at every workout (basically building up with weights), then stopping when I fail.

So for example if I know I did 100kg Back Squat last workout, this workouts I'll do warmups, then Xx90kg, Xx100, Xx105, Xx110, Xx etc etc until failure, then I'll move onto the next workout. I'll stop at like 5 reps or so. 5 reps would be the point I move on to the higher weight, failure to do 1 rep would be the point where I move on to the next workout.

>>41003537
Progression is as above, basically always aiming for a higher weight than I did before.

>>41003587
>>41003553
>>41003565

I'd do the workout like 3-4 times a week, pretty much just as I feel ready to. I'd also likely swap the order of the workouts every now and then, like if my deadlifts are getting PRs every workout but my Bench is stalling, I'd do Barbell first until it catches up.

As for why I don't just do SS, I'm looking for something I can do not just now but forever. A basic skeleton I can build off if I need to, basically.

SS isn't that. It lacks tricep work, bicep work, back work, and is unbalanced in volume of upper/lower body.
>>
Also the general thinking of '3x5 :V' just seems retarded to me. I mean, if you can do 5 reps at a certain weight why do it again two more times? Why not go for 4 reps at a higher weight? Or 3? Or 2? Or however many you can do? Then if you can do 5, you can move on to an even higher weight.

Just seems like progress would come a lot quicker that way.
>>
>>41003637
AMRAP at highest weight seemed like a paradox to me, but I understand what you mean now that you stop at 5. I think hitting every muscle group every time you work out, as well as trying to PR constantly is going to burn you out. If you can keep up and your making gains, you do you, but I'd recommend changing it up with some extra volume at lower weights once you start plateauing, which will happen. Deloading and using working sets isn't a meme, nor is giving your body time to rest. If your too sore to push yourself, take a rest day or deload, otherwise you'll keep asking more of your body than it can give and you'll stop growing
>>
>>41003773
Noted all, thanks anon. For now I'll try at the stuff I described and see how it goes. I'll bear in mind deloading though.

Thanks
>>
The reason you're "getting PRs" every workout is because you're tiring yourself out doing so many compounds on the same day. Having to switch around the order is fucking nonsensical because you're just switching around what lift you're exhausted on, and probably making no progress on the others that day. Instead of doing one set at max weight til failure, you can do more reps at like 80% max. You can probably afford to go up in greater increments too so you don't tire yourself out at before you get to a good working weight.
>>
>>41003637
Oh ok, you didn't even educated yourself a tiny bit on ss. But of course you can do your program forever. Your program is so damn good it will take you to a 300 kg deadlift in seven month.
>>
>>41003655
Try it and track your measurements over at least a few months. It's the only way to know.

You could make two lifts the focus of each workout and do less volume/intensity for the others.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.