[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how the fuck do you meditate i've often heard meditation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: 1364753375807.jpg (58KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1364753375807.jpg
58KB, 960x720px
how the fuck do you meditate

i've often heard meditation is the silver bullet for mental health, but i can't into it

HELP!
>>
>>40988061
Do you have a particular kind you want to do? Saying you want to meditate is kinda like saying "I want to do cardio." There's a lot of variety out there.

Also, like cardio, it's completely miserable and boring at first, but with consistency, improvements are rapid and apparent. Lived in a monastery for a bit with 3x/day meditation sessions and the change after a month was unreal.
>>
You can't do it? Elaborate.

You just pick something and focus on it (the breath is the most common thing to focus on). WHEN your mind wanders, and it will wander, catch yourself, acknowledge whatever it is your mind was distracted by, and return to the focus point.

It's an active practice. And can feel frustrating at times. That's when you know it's working.

It also isn't a silver bullet to mental issues. meditation is more like building a shelter, and mental issues are storms.
>>
>>40988061
When first starting to meditate you should focus on just being aware of your body and sensations
https://youtu.be/eO42HuA8L-s
>>
One way could be
>sit on floor legs folded
>start with breathing exercises so in for 6, hold for 6 out for 6, work on that till you can do that comfortably
>when you have a thought dont focus on it, let it pass
>when something makes a noise, dont focus on it, dont label that sound, you know its car so you immediately have a mental label etc, just understand its there or passing
>if you lose your breathing rythem, go back to that
>just repeat for like 15-30 minutes

Id start with 15 minutes first and work up to longer times.
This is just one technique i have learnt, not sure about others
>>
>>40988061
All it is , is being in the zone and completely disregarding the outside world. I put earplugs in the Sauna and I focus on my breathing, all I focus on is in and out, in and out, sooner or later it's literally all I'm thinking about. Sometimes I'll go "fuck it's hot" but then get back into my breathing, sooner or later I'm dying from heat and I open my eyes and I completely forgot I was in the sauna even at the gym, it freaked me out but I felt so refreshed. If you immerse yourself in video games or even lifting and all you're thinking is your lift and you're disregarding the outside world, you're meditating.
>>
>>40988061
Download Headspace for your phone. You get the first 10 sessions for free and you can listen to them again indefinitely.
>>
>>40988100
fuck you
>>40988101
fuck you bitch
>>40988114
absolutely fuck you
>>40988115
fuck you too
>>40988384
lmao, suck my dick man

>>40988539
wow this is fucking awesome, thanks bro
>>
>>40988628
>>>/cringecore/
>>
>>40988628
Why are you so rude? Now I kind of regret helping you.
t. >>40988539
>>
>>40988650
This.
>>
>>40988743
shut the fuck up faggot
>>
File: 1491013318158.jpg (11KB, 237x212px) Image search: [Google]
1491013318158.jpg
11KB, 237x212px
>>40988792
Enjoy this productive thread you've created kiddo. I'm sure you'll get some solid advice out of it.
>>
File: 1490252106008.jpg (391KB, 1374x1425px) Image search: [Google]
1490252106008.jpg
391KB, 1374x1425px
>>40988856
got headspace nigger, that's all i need
>>
>>40988724
Underage b&? Are we still doing that?
>>
>>40988061
Lots of ways. There is a lot of argument.
What do you want out of meditation exactly? Just general mental health? Then take time to read something and to think about what you read and how it made you feel. That'll help you with your general mental health.
>>
>>40988724
underage
>>
>>40988061
Gotta get in that state before really heavy lifts. Lets you focus on just you and tone out everything around you.
>>
>wants help in meditation
>proceeds to fuck everyone off for giving advice

yeah buddy you fucking need it
>>
>>40988061
Just do breathing exercises to train your diaphragm and one day you'll open your eyes and feel calm and realize you've done it. Your endurance and cardio will improve too.
>>
>>40988061
Meditation is the state of thinking nothing.

Most of the thoughts you have aren't really "you," they are your unconscious mind attempting to influence your conscious decision making. Meditation is consciously, gently, clearing your head, letting thoughts arise and pass in their own time, until they stop and you are simply existing in a present state.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.