[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>"Hey, anon, I need some advice. I don't want to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 654146j.jpg (45KB, 500x366px) Image search: [Google]
654146j.jpg
45KB, 500x366px
>"Hey, anon, I need some advice. I don't want to lose weight or put on muscle or anything, I just want to get more toned."

Wtf is 'toned'? Is it to do with muscle definition or more to do with shape?
>Or was she just making up some bs excuse to talk to me?
>>
it means low bf but normies are too stupid to understand
>>
>>40983629

Less loose jiggling, less sagging, no muffin top, that sort of thing.
>>
>>40983629
It means building enough muscle and/or losing enough fat for muscular shapes to be more visible. This can usually be achieved by cutting in a reasonably in shape person, but most people who say this word actually need a small bulk and cut cycle to get their results. They use this word because they lack a fundamental understanding of fitness. They think that lifting heavy weights and eating a lot/cutting calories is for serious gym goers and that there's some easier way to achieve mediocre results.
>>
>>40983629
toned is the vague idea, variable from person to person, of low bodyfat and some muscle mass. basically what you see on the front of women's health mags - that's toned, that's what women mean when they say it, men tend to mean typical climbers' or lightweight boxers' physiques.
>>
>>40983721
Usually the same people who say, "I don't want to get too bulky," as if you can accidentally get too big.
>>
>>40983629
This is what every normie says when I ask them their workout goals. Stay far away from these cucks.
>>
>>40983731
>as if you can accidentally get too big

When your only reference point for fitness is celebrities who use steroids to get huge in three months for a film shoot, it's easy to see how you might get confused.
>>
>>40983736
It's a legitimate adjective for what they're trying to achieve, I dunno why you fags get so butthurt about it all the time
>>
>>40983756
this

you have to cut regular folks who are dicking around in the gym or dieting, not knowing what the fuck they're doing, some slack. the right info is just not readily available, you have to wade through oceans of misinformation spouted by people who are supposedly experts on the matter such as PTs, athletes, bodybuilders, people who they have every reason to believe are offering sound advice

i sympathise with them. desu i fcked around for years not knowing how the fuck to do anything until i found /fit/ and read the sticky, now i'm repping 4plate squats. you live and you learn.
>>
>>40983629
Toned is just a buzzword that makes doing fitness stuff more appealing to normies not well versed in actual fitness science.
Honestly, it's not that big a deal; if a friend were to say that to me, and ask me to help them get more toned, I'd do it using the actual science behind it, and while to us, yes "toned" means "lowering body fat to increase muscle definition, while possibly also increasing muscle size to greater increase that definition" there really is no need to bother them with the semantics so long as you can get them into the gym in the first place.
Just be reassuring and affirm them every step of the way until they start seeing results.
>I don't want to lose weight or put on muscle or anything, I just want to get more toned
sure thing, I can help you with that
>proceed to make them do a starting strength or starting aesthetics program
"are you sure it's not gonna make me more muscular? I don't wanna get too big"
"don't worry, this is what I/x famous person normies find /fit/ did to look good"
>make them do cardio or asspull some circuit cardio BS at the end of the work out to really drive home the "toning" aspect
"this is what'll really help you get toned, don't forget to eat lots of veggies and try and stay away from junk food if you wanna get toned"

Honestly, if toned is their goal, let them live in blissful ignorance so long as they're receptive to your advice; no need to scare them away or frighten them with semantics, or autism
"AHKCHUALLY! Toned is a buzzword that... blah blah blah" they don't wanna hear that, nor will they particularly care. Eventually maybe once they've reached their goal, or once they start plateauing, having gotten a taste of actual fitness and being bitten by the /fit/ bug will be enough to keep them going on their own. If they do that, then we did our job, and we've helped make the world a /fit/er place.
>>
>>40983771
>legitimate
no, it's vague as fuck and can refer to anything from mike patton to hugh jackman.
>>
>>40983836
>juicy, jacked, ripped, swole, big and HUEG are all distinct and acceptable
>toned isn't

Explain yourself and show your work.
>>
>>40983858
they're all equally useless words my man.

whenever i train someone new i ask them if they can think of a celebrity or athlete or whatever that they want to look like. if they tell you they want to look like justin lascek, then you know right away to get them on a routine of heavy compounds and slow bulking.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.