[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do any of you have any experience with these homemade power

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: fit shit.jpg (560KB, 1800x2156px) Image search: [Google]
fit shit.jpg
560KB, 1800x2156px
Do any of you have any experience with these homemade power racks?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dy5eyMDt3c&t=31s

Woodprix had a tutorial on it too. Aside from cancerous youtube comments, I couldn't find anything on people actually using them for a while. Thought?
>>
File: BzsnK8QIQAI-BXb_large.jpg (33KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
BzsnK8QIQAI-BXb_large.jpg
33KB, 480x480px
bump
>>
>>40983445
BUMP
>>
>>40983445
>>
Anyone had any experience making one before?
>>
>>40983445
Speaking of squat racks, it is worth it to get one. I could buy one off a neighbor for $300. Includes the power cage, the bench, a weight rack, dip attachment. lat pull down attachment. the bar. and 210 pounds of weight. Or should I buy dumbbells from like Academy or something. Or I could try making a homemade one like in OP's video. Which would be best? I want a full body routine because I don't have access to a gym. Thanks.
>>
>>40983525
This one looks nice as fuck my man. Only thing is. how much weight could it hold you reckon?
>>
>>40983559
Do you know what kind of cage it is? Either way, that sounds fucking great for the price. Especially with the weights.
>>
>>40983445
>>40983483
>>40983504
>>40983525
>>40983554

There are no responses.

Why?

Everyone who made their own """power rack""" is dead.
>>
>>40983571
This is a 4x4 one, so it's at least stronger than the video I first posted. Not sure because they didn't specify, but they rated the weaker one at 500 lbs
>>
>>40983554
>>40983445
it's a basic weekend project. good fun and you feel accomplished at the end. the only trouble part is cutting all the miters in a timely fashion and also drilling all those holes. Ive had mine for about a year or so now and i love it. super sturdy even after i trimmed it down to half-rack size
>>
File: 1.jpg (39KB, 377x491px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
39KB, 377x491px
>>40983578
It's a Tracker 755. I personally haven't seen it yet, but should be this right here.
>>
>>40983587
Me too, thanks.

>>40983610
Thanks. Did you get the dried wood or just whatever was there? I've heard without the dried, it can warp over a small amount of time.
Also, have you ever failed while using it?
>>
>>40983659
Never heard of it, google didn't help very much either.
>>
>>40983673
>>40983659
But I would say definitely try it out first.
>>
>>40983683
So if it's all in working order, you think this would be a pretty good deal vs just buying some dumbells?
>>
>>40983697
Oh yeah, most definitely.
>>
>>40983559
Including weights that is a steal depending on the brand.
>>
>>40983724
>>40983659
So a bit of an off-brand I think but as long as it works good I guess.
>>
>>40983706
Sweet. I've sent him an email asking if the offer is still open. Thanks dude.
>>
OP here.

If you guys aren't down with a wooden one, where the fuck should I find a used power rack? Ebay doesn't have much, my craigslist had one within the last few months and it was sold already(obviously).

Where else should I be looking?
>>
>>40983791
You can either

1. Wait for someone near you to put a listing up

2. Be willing to drive 2 or so hours to get a good deal

3. Just buy one from any sports place

You decide.
>>
>>40983851
Build it is
>>
>>40983445
I always wonder about the capacity. On my Valor Rack I know I can have 800lbs on the inside and 500lbs on the outside and etc.
Does anyone know how much these racks can hold?
>>
>>40983660
If you're super worried about warping bring the wood into the space the rack will be kept in about a month or two before. It's really not going to be a problem tho, treated wood only warps when it has a relatively thin dimension like with floorboards. With these things if it warps you probs won't notice because they BIG.

You could build with raw undried, untreated wood but it'd be a PITA and not really look like the pictures at all.
>>
>>40984700
Having miners in my family I can tell you that a good wooden frame under too high a load will creak well before failure. The general move from wood to metal frames way way back was not welcomed in mining because of this.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.