[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Ask a dental student anything I'm bored as fuark,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 151
Thread images: 15

File: This-dentist-very-good-220.jpg (234KB, 637x908px) Image search: [Google]
This-dentist-very-good-220.jpg
234KB, 637x908px
ITT: Ask a dental student anything

I'm bored as fuark, and I'm finishing up my 2nd year of dental school right now. Ask me anything you want about oral health and I'll try to point you in the right direction.
>>
>>40982745
so are you in dental school because you failed organic chemistry in undergrad or....?
>>
Is semen a good substitute for listerine?
>>
>>40982745
why do dentists always try to trick u into removing your wisdom teeth?
>>
>>40982772
Kek. No, I thought about med school but I didn't like the idea of going to professional school for 4 years, and then doing a residency and fellowships on top of that. The 9-5 lifestyle is pretty sweet too.

Plus I've always been artsy and play guitar so using my hands was always a big factor in me doing dentistry. Literally feels like medical art class.
>>
File: 1487033917983.jpg (31KB, 660x574px) Image search: [Google]
1487033917983.jpg
31KB, 660x574px
>>40982745
Yo man, ok I dont have dental insurance, i really just want a cleaning and a cavity check, what should i do and how expensive would that be on average?
>>
The last year or 2 I've been getting more yellow stuff in between my teeth (already crowding), I can only get rid of it when I go to a dentist for a cleaning every 6 months. I brush everyday but for whatever reason It only started becoming an issue now (early 20s). My diet doesn't include any sugar (actually healthier than I used to eat)

How do I prevent it? Is there any way to get rid of it other than a dentists drill?
>>
girlfriend complained of gum pain, went to the dentist. dentist ended up removing two of her fillings and putting new ones in, and gum pain is still there.

did she just get cheated?
>>
>>40982819
Because if they impact on your other teeth they can fuck you up by pushing the teeth around. Or they can partially expose themselves and serve as a reservoir for bacteria which makes them at a high risk for cavities and ultimately infection.

But if they're just chillin in your mouth you don't really need to remove them. It's case specific. Honestly, the financial return on wisdom tooth removal isn't worth the effort and cost. If the dentist is jewing you, it's not on the wisdom teeth.
>>
>>40982745
I have "ledges" (I can feel them with my fingernail) at the gum line on two of my teeth. They used to be sensitive as fuck to air and cold water but now that I've flossed+mouthwashed more regularly and brush 3-4x a day the sensitivity is gone. But the ledges are still there, are they cavities?
>>
>>40982829
>i really just want a cleaning and a cavity check, what should i do
Go to a dental school if you can. It's going to be muuuch cheaper than your local dentist. Otherwise look around for local deals on new patients.
>>40982832
It's called "calculus" and typically isn't drilled. It's what happens when your plaque starts to deposit minerals and calcifies into basically stone. You can't remove it at home to be honest. Your dentist is going to use some kind of instrument to scrape it off. It's a procedure called scaling. The best thing to do is after having it removed, making sure you brush and floss really well to get the plaque out of there before it has a chance to calcify.
>>40982839
Sounds like it. From what you're telling me it's a periodontal problem like gum inflammation, not an issue with previous fillings.
>>
>>40982745
My wisdom tooth on the right side is coming out, how long till the tooth is completely out? doctors>dentists sorry brah
>>
>>40982875
They sound like calculus. See this
>>40982881
It might have been sensitive due to inflammation of the gums, and your improved home health care got rid of the inflammation. Without looking at it personally that's my best guess.
>>
>>40982903
It probably won't come out all the way, and will lodge itself halfway out and be a trap for bacteria and food. And I'll still be Dr. Anon so it's cool brah.
>>
Hi dental man
I see some other niggas asking about wisdom teeth and I wanted to ask too.
I have two of them, one literally grew into a normal tooth and the other one though appears to be stuck and has been for like 2 years, no pain ever, doesn't seem to inflict on other teeth or anything.
Should I be worried? I just dismissed it as I never had any problem, right now its like twice as short as my standard tooth
>>
get black spots on my teeth. don't smoke (do vape weed though). dentist thinks it's because I don't have much saliva in my mouth but I do (just had a dry mouth on one appointment and he went with that). what is the cause?
>>
>>40982855
they must have implanted the jew in u without k knowing it OP
>>
>>40982906
gum line dude
I don't think that's it, I'll be more specific.
Its at the gumline actually on my tooth, at both of my upper premolars?(whatever the tooth after the canine is).
>>
>>40982936
You'll probably fine. From what you're telling me, the worst case scenario is that the shorter one will be more prone to cavities but if you keep up with brushing and flossing you won't have problems.
>>
>>40982960
Might be a cavity then, I'd get it checked out if you can.
>>
>>40982855
Uh about that pic I have erosion and infection on different sides . I dont feel like just brushing gives me a fresh breath wat do ?
>>
I have a lot of yellow shit on my tongue that I brush off every morning but returns quickly after I eat. Only brush once in the morning.
>>
>>40982981
tongue scraper ?
>>
>>40982745
I brush my teeth twice/day and floss every day, but still get cavities sometimes. My dentist says I have extremely soft enamel and there's nothing I can do about it. What should I do about it?

Would brushing immediately after eating any type of sugar help me?
>>
>>40982745
Will my teeth fall out if I don't brush?
>>
>>40982745
Any comment on the high suicide rate amoung dentists?
>>
>>40982745
How do you like it anon? I'm a Canadian trying to get into dent but its pretty shit since I can't take any classes focused on dent so I'd hate to have spent all this time trying to get in only to realise it makes me wants to kms
>>
>>40982974
yeah I've had one for at least a year and one for probably 4 months, aside from the sensitivity issue there was no problem. I just want to get an infection from a cavity and it travel to my brain and kill me.
>>
Are those Crest 3D white strips+ Crest whitening toothpaste+ 3D whitening mouth wash worth it? Do they really fuck your enamel?
>>
>>40983061
I'd shadow a dentist and see if you like it or not first. The classwork in the first year is mostly the same stuff as the medical students because you have to prepare for boards. Second year is more dental related stuff.

>>40983006
I think it's an old statistic that keeps getting cited for some reason.
>>40983001
yes
>>40983000
Brush before eating to get rid of the bacteria, and then drink water after eating. You don't want to brush after because the bacteria are making acids that will erode your enamel if you brush while it's present.
>>40982977
Brush your tongue.
>>
Is eating pussy bad for my teeth? I've heard it's slightly acidic.
>>
How good is Invisalign or similar alternatives to braces? I'm 22 and my teeth are all fucked up. But I dread the idea of wearing braces.
Help
>>
>>40982820
I'm thinking of swapping in from engineering.

Convince me not to by telling me some relatively unknown stuff.

Already shadowed dentist a bunch of times
>>
>>40983197
It's case specific. It won't move your teeth as much as braces can, but it's great for something minor like crowding.

>>40983211
Idk man. I have almost nothing bad to say about it to be honest. The worst thing is probably dealing with people, and it's especially bad while you're in school because most people who come to dental schools for their dental care are going to be poor socioeconomic people who can be really fucking rude and their teeth are all sorts of fucked up (think meth mouth), but if you can get past that it's fine.
>>
>>40982745
I have white tongue and no matter how much I brush (u scrap my tongue too) it sort of goes away and comes back within an hour or two. I went to the dentist's once and she told me to just keep brushing it but that didn't get rid of it. I think I have a natural tendency to have bacterial overgrowth on my tongue. But i dont know where it comes from.Help anon, I have spent years battling this shit to no avail.
>>
>>40983269
Does it grow anywhere else in your mouth? If it does, you might have a fungal infection in your mouth.
>>
File: 1456647835490.jpg (13KB, 183x200px) Image search: [Google]
1456647835490.jpg
13KB, 183x200px
Why do I need to brush my teeth when I wake up if my mouth is clean from last night and I only drink water?
>>
>>40982855
My stupid wisdom tooth brioche my molar. Lazy dentist just sealed it and then I had to get a root canal. I had to go to an endodontist who told me that I wad in top 5 in length and the curvy-est she had ever seen in her 15000 operations
>>
>>40983304
Because your mouth was dry overnight and bacteria that survived your nightly brushing were growing/depositing waste products in your mouth.
>>
>>40983305
Yeah don't ever go to that fucker again. He could have figured that out by looking at an x-ray for 5 seconds. If he was that lazy about it, I wouldn't ever give him my money again.
>>
21 currently, used to neglect proper care of my teeth when I was younger. Started taking proper care at 18, but my teeth still have a slight yellow stain to them.
Can I get them back to pearly white on a college budget? If so, how?
>>
>>40983335
I would also like to know very much
>>
>>40983335
>>40982745
>>
>>40983335
You might be able to snag a free whitening with a cleaning coupon or something. Check around to see if any of your dentists are running specials. You might not get them pearly white but they'll be whiter. Or you can just get over how yellow they are if it's not too bad.
>>
>>40983348
Thanks
>>
So i went to a dentist to take out my wisdom teeth about 3 years ago, my wisdom teeth are impacted, that day i took out only 2 of 4 wisdom teeths which is all on my left side. Anyways my top left molar hasnt been the same since because it was using the wisdom teeth as a 'support' so it feels weaker and gets inflammed if food gets stuck in there. Needless to say i haven't went back to get them removed the other two on my right. Is this a bad idea? I also noticed more that my right side of the face looks 'wider' than compared to my left, as if my masseter has more mass on the right. It has been constantly on my mind since, i went to a highly trained orthodontist for consultation and he said its just due to my bone structure.

Anyways should i finally just stop being a pussy and get it removed? The expense, the downtime and the possibility of having a weaker molar bothers me.
>>
My teeth naturally have a yellow tinge to them. How do I make them whiter that won't require a ton of maintenance ($) are teeth whitening sessions covered by work benefits?
>>
>>40983269

I think you gotta lay off the cock my man
>>
>>40983369
>natural yellow ting
That's not a thing mate, brush your teeth with fluoride toothpaste, floss regularly and thoroughly, and use mouthwash. Also, stop drinking so many sodas.
>>
>>40982745
Does chewing gum after meals really help cut down on plaque?
>>
>>40983388
Kind of sort of. It'll cut down on the acids produced by bacteria digesting the nuggets of food that are between your teeth which will help prevent tooth decay. But plaque itself needs to be brushed off.

>>40983384
Actually it kind of is. That's why baby teeth are called "milk teeth". They're naturally whiter than adult teeth.
>>40983369
Tooth whitening probably wouldn't be, but like I mentioned before in the thread, you might be able to find a dentist who does some kind of cleaning + whitening deal, and get the insurance to cover the cleaning + get the whitening thrown in there for free.
>>
>>40983384
Any tips for the pearliest whites you can get?
>>
>>40982745
how do i get my breath to stop smelling like shit? i brush my teeth at night and in the morning, but every day i wake up with that disgusting taste in my mouth. then it smells like shit
>>
>>40983322
That's when I went to a discount dentist because I had crappy state insurance, I've since gone to a better dentist
>>
I had my wisdom teeth taken out two and half weeks ago and I still can only open my mouth one narrow finger width open.

Should I call back the surgeon to see if there is anything I should do?
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (204KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
204KB, 1920x1080px
>>40983388
The jury is out! Some dentists believe that but were not entirely sure!
>>
>>40983413
Good idea about the insurance thing. How many times is it recommended to get your teeth whitened a year professionally?
>>
>>40983424
Your mouth is dry overnight. All you can do is stay hydrated and deal with it. Chew gum during the day to keep your mouth moist.
>>40983438
Holy fuck yes, he might have damaged your joint. I'd even get a different guy to check it out for a second opinion
>>
>>40983439
Lmao
>>
>>40983446
You can get it done as often as you want, but you really shouldn't because it can make your teeth more sensitive over time. It's not a medical intervention so there's no board approved guideline or anything.
>>
>>40983090
I would like to know the verdict on crest white strips
>>
>>40983424
this
>>
>>40982745
Any good tutorials on how to floss? Sounds like a stupid question, but it never feels right when I do it.
>>
File: how2floss21.jpg (86KB, 591x438px) Image search: [Google]
how2floss21.jpg
86KB, 591x438px
>>40983487
Just make sure you go up and down and not back and forth. It's okay man, most people don't know how to floss and brush properly to be honest.

>>40983478
They seem to work. The guiding principle behind them is the same thing that dentists have been using for a while to whiten teeth.
>>
What are the effects of urine consumption on teeth?

Asking for a friend.
>>
>>40982745
I have a small hole in one of my underside canines, and what looks to be a yellow spot around it, and last time I asked my dentist about it, they said it was just a hole in the enamel, with some discoloration, and not a cavity; however, now the hole and the area in tooth around it has gotten darker, and is more sensitive to things like cold beverages than my other teeth, and I'm wondering if maybe because I haven't been able to properly clean out the area of the tooth inside the hole itself by brushing, that I'm starting to or have already developed a cavity inside of it.
What do you think?
>>
>>40983520
It's acidic and therefore is generally bad for them.
>>
>>40983524
I think you should go get that filled now. Sounds like decay that has undermined your tooth enamel layer.
>>
>>40983458
Okay just tried again. It's like the width of my thumb but I don't have particularly big hands/thumbs.

I'm nervous because I've always struggled to open my mouth wide, to the point one dentist even discussed surgery with my Dad when I was a kid. Will I ever get my regular mouth back. I don't want to die with a narrow mouth. How am I going to fit in my bfs cock in my mouth?
>>
>>40982745
I went to a dentist and they said I had 10 cavities. I got a second opinion and that said I had 4. It's been 2 years and I don't have any issues. What's up with that?
>>
>>40982745
1.thoughts on oil pulling? i genuinely feel like it whitens my teeth and makes my breath better.
2.how bad is it to be grinding/gnashing your teeth consistently in your sleep? how can you tell its happening?
>>
Whenever i bite something like bread i can see blood on it, am i going to die op?
>>
>>40983548
>6 teeth fell out in the time between seeing the first dentist and the second opinion.
>>
>>40982745
How do I floss with braces?
>>
>>40982745
You ever meet a dentist or dental student with really bad teeth?
>>
>>40983552
>thoughts on oil pulling?
It's generally considered to do nothing for you that a mouthwash wouldn't
>how bad is it to be grinding/gnashing your teeth consistently in your sleep? how can you tell its happening?
Pretty bad. You can wear down your teeth and even crack them. Some symptoms are having a sore jaw, pained jaw, headaches, hypertrophy of your jaw muscles
>>40983548
Depending on the dentist, he might be seeing decay that isn't as bad but is still there and is recommending fillings for it before it gets bad (and the other doesn't think they're bad enough to need fillings yet). Or he's trying to jew you. Either way if you can control the cavity from getting any deeper you won't notice any symptoms for years.
>>
>>40982745
I always wanted to be an orthodontist when I was young. Took a whole bunch of AP classes in highschool and did biology for my undergraduate at a fairly good University. Then I ended up taking the LSAT for shits and giggles and am currently enrolled in law school.
>>
File: floss threder.jpg (56KB, 370x150px) Image search: [Google]
floss threder.jpg
56KB, 370x150px
>>40983572
dude go to the fucking dentist before your teeth fall out. You have severe perio issues.
>>40983582
You can get this needle-looking thing that you use to thread the floss through your braces. You can find them at any drugstore really.
>>
>>40983288
No it doesn't. I'm almost sure it's bacterial. I think I have naturally long tongue hair(papillae?) and there's a large tendency for food and bacteria to stick in between them.Anti bacterial medication is probably the thing that will keep this problem at bay. Any recommendations?
>>
>gtfw grinding through my dental splint again

fuck bruxism. I've just had two teeth capped cuz of this nonsense.
>>
>>40982745
How did your application for dental school look? Did you do a shit ton of clubs/volunteering? Did you get a high DAT score? Did you do dental related research and shadow a dentist? Was your GPA really high?
>>
>>40983669
Mouthwashes would be a good start. Also you can chew xylitol gum like Trident (just look for xylitol on the label). Xylitol is an antimicrobial compound.
>>
I had a bunch of cavities filled almost 3 weeks ago on the right side of my mouth. I'm going back on Tuesday for the left side, but I'm scared because it still hurts like fuck to chew anything on the right side. I don't want to only eat soup for 3 or more weeks.

Could the dentist have had to drill too deep and a root canal is needed? Like, even chewing something soft like a gummy vitamin or special K pastry crisps hurts.
>>
>>40982745
Physicist here, lol dentists.
>>
>>40983681
Dogshit desu senpai. I was a shithead in undergrad and didn't get it together until the last quarter of my 3rd year so I ended up getting a 3.2 GPA leaving undergrad. I did a 1 year master's to bump up my academics and graduated with a 3.6 for my master's degree. My DAT was something like

>Ochem 22
>Bio 20
>Chem 19
>Math 18 (im even asian kek)
>Reading 25
>PAT 21

So it's on the higher end of average but not one of those crazy scores you see sometimes. I didn't get in on my first try, even with that DAT though.

As far as extracurriculars, I shadowed a dentist and he padded the hours for me without me really asking. I had a few strong letters of recommendation and very little volunteering because I was spending most of my time researching or working.
The important thing is your GPA to most schools. No letter or extracurricular will save you if you're below a 3.0 GPA unless you score a perfect on the DAT or something.
>>
>>40982745
I have three questions all related. First, how painful and expensive would it be to replace both rows of teeth with implants. Second, can they be made of metals and if so what kind. Thirdly, can you form the teeth in a way they fit perfectly and kinda "lock" together. Sorry for the strange questions.
>>
I dont have smelly breath or anything, but when I smell mydried saliva for whatever reason it's smells like shit.
Usually when I wake up mymouth doesn't really smells bad but the saliva is pretty bad, I also salivate afucking LOT, sometimes I choke on my own saliva.

How do I get good smelin saliva?
>>
>>40983517
>not back and forth
>image says back and forth
>>
>>40983728
Thanks for the reply famo
>>
File: c2056862.jpg (343KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
c2056862.jpg
343KB, 1024x576px
>>40983699
>Could the dentist have had to drill too deep and a root canal is needed?
Yeah, that's possible but unless your dentist is retarded it's unlikely.

But it's more likely that your occlusion (the way your teeth contact) is too high and your teeth are hitting each other really hard. Basically what happens after a filling is done is that the dentist has you bite down on a black strip of marking paper which will show him high spots so he can file them down. He'll also ask you how it feels, but oftentimes since you're anesthetized you won't be able to judge how it feels until the anesthesia wears off and then you suddenly find out it hurts. Just give him a call and if he's not a shit dentist he'll happily bring you in to file it down.
>>
File: 50-cent-floyd-money-phone.jpg (56KB, 670x400px) Image search: [Google]
50-cent-floyd-money-phone.jpg
56KB, 670x400px
>>40983709
someone say something?
>>
How many times have you had sex? Are there a bunch of qts in dentistry school?
>>
I get a bit if irritated gums near right in between my front 2 teeth

I wore braces as a kid cause I had big buck teeth with a nice gap. It sort of compressed the gum there. While it doesn't hurt, it often bleeds if I don't floss. Dentists have noted the gums themselves seem irritated but no sign of infection.

Occasionally it does seem to get slight gingivitis and can spread a slight bit, but I brush, floss and use mouthwash regularly so that goes away quickly. Overall its just a minor annoyance. Should I just opt to get the little fucker cut out?
>>
>>40983749
Oh sorry. When you move it back and forth the way the picture describes, it's to ease the floss out from between your teeth. If your contacts are tight it might be difficult otherwise. But when you're actually rubbing your teeth with pressure you should be going up and down.
>>
>>40983766
Motherfucker, I'll earn more than you in a few decades.
>>
>>40983767
>How many times have you had sex? Are there a bunch of qts in dentistry school?
I've had the same gf since undergrad so I get laid regularly. My dental school has some okay looking girls. The 3rd and 4th year girls are hotter IMO. And the students in other programs (Nurse anesthesia, physical therapy, pharmacy) are a whole lot hotter.
>>
>>40983786
Sorry I still can't hear you over the sound of the handpiece working at the 2nd of my 4 practices.
>>
i had a 2 wisdom teeth removed a few years ago, now the right side where it used to be, has a small hole in the gum and its hitting my top wisdom tooth from the swelling, wtf is going on? left side is fine. also can i pull my top wisdom teeth out on my own lol
>>
>>40983830
Your top wisdom tooth is probably just irritating the tissue, making it constantly minorly inflamed in a vicious cycle. And no, don't remove it yourself. It'll hurt like a motherfucker and if you fuck up and break the tooth inside your mouth it's a much more expensive surgery.
>>
>>40983846

its been breaking away on its own over the years. same with the top left
>>
>>40983862
I would certainly recommend getting it taken out since it's having an effect on your health, but it's your call. You will be more prone to infection though, so keep that in mind.
>>
>>40983873
no insurance, and the student centers are booked solid for the next 7 years
>>
>go to my female dentist
>all female hygenists
>be engineering student
>the past 3 years i've said "I don't know which calculus is worse!" every time
>roaring laughter

Damn it feels good to be a player.
>>
I'm a doctor, One had a patient with incredible pain on the whole facial nerve, caused by the inflamation and infection of a molar.
The closest city was 3 hours away and the guy and his family was poor as fuck.

Me, without any knowledge on tooth removal, got a string andpulled the fuck out of it, then stopped the bleeding with pressure and cleaned the lesion.
I know this was wrong, but if I ever come across something like this again, what do you reccomend? are there like any small courses of orthodoncy for the general public?
>>
>>40983545
Find a boyfriend with a small penis?
>>
>>40983638
Thanks mate!
>>
>>40983879
Jeez man. Yeah that's why I'm kind of against separating dental insurance from regular health insurance. Lots of people go to the ER because of a tooth infection and the hospital can't help them, which eventually leads to an abscess that kills them.

My best advice to you is schedule something at the dental school and until your appointment months from now just try to do your best to brush your teeth before every meal, drink lots of water, chew gum and floss.
>>
>>40983615
>>40983552 here, thanks. any recommendations for someone with yellow teeth running in the family? is having a dental professional do it the best way to go?
>>
File: 1388508589258.jpg (78KB, 417x600px) Image search: [Google]
1388508589258.jpg
78KB, 417x600px
>>40983912
>Me, without any knowledge on tooth removal, got a string andpulled the fuck out of it,
Dude what the hell?
>>
>>40983958
Yeah, I'm not proud of that, the guy was thankful and nothing bad happened though.
I know something bad could've happened now though.
>>
File: periodontal_ligament_m.jpg (13KB, 300x242px) Image search: [Google]
periodontal_ligament_m.jpg
13KB, 300x242px
>>40983912
I think you did the right thing. If the tooth didn't break on the way out he shouldn't have any problems. It's better you did that than let it abscess like that guy in California who died. If the tooth came out with a string, the tissue around it was already inflamed and the ligaments were already mostly gone.

I don't think there's any courses that are open to the general public, but I know as a dental student I have a lot of CE courses I can take to get certificates in certain procedures usually left to the dental specializations without true degrees from a residency. I don't know if they're open to physicians but you could certainly call and ask. Look for a school that does specializations near you, they might have something available. If you can't, my uncle showed me this trick where you use something to cut away the PDL fibers before you hook the instrument under where the root bifurcates to make it easier to remove without breaking. You got a doctor's heart man. Props to you.

PS How'd you get his insurance to sign off on that? It's outside what I understand is the scope of your practice.
>>
>>40982745
I've got mild fluorosis, anything i can do to get the yellow to go away or am i screwed here?
>>
>>40983934
Drink less coffee and tea, and use whitening toothpastes to see if it helps. Otherwise the crest white strips do seem to work from the research I've seen, but they can be more expensive than what your dentist does.

Either way, all that stuff only gets rid of surface stains. If it's been a long time you might have stains from pigments that have chemically bonded to your tooth structure. In that case, only the dentist can help you.
>>
>>40984000
That kind of staining is the kind that only a dentist can remove. It's chemically bonded to your teeth. Hell, sometimes he wouldn't even be able to remove it if it's too deep and he'll have to use something else to cover it up. Getting veneers isn't uncommon for people with tetracycline stains for example.
>>
>>40983990
Nah man, I was in a mexican town for a year, just to get a big fat curriculum, but yeah, the people there were poor as fuck so I was working in there basically for free, also got to pound mexican 17 y/o pussy though.

In practice I'd never do that.
>>
I've got fucked up front teeth that are like 50% fillings. One of said massive fillings is chipping for like the third time. Should I just get that fucker capped? And would a general dentist be okay for that or should I see one of those dentists that specialize in aesthetics?
>>
>>40984017
>also got to pound mexican 17 y/o pussy though.
>In practice I'd never do that.
Why not though? Had enough of it?
>>
>>40984016
Is it expensive? Also will it make my enamel weaker?
>>
>>40984081
Polishing and stain removal can, but it's not expensive. Veneers will just replace your enamel essentially.
>>
>>40982745
Candy/Sugar hurts my teeth. I've laid off the sweets but when I do bite into something sweet I get an occasional sharp pain. Saw my dentist and he said I have no cavities. Proceeded to get a cleaning and I've been SUPER good with my oral care but the sweets still hurt. What's going on?
Thanks OP for your kind knowledge
>>
>>40984109
Your body is telling you to not be a fatass. Just kidding. You might just have generally sensitive teeth. You can go to your doc and get something called a Fluoride Varnish done, or just the sensitivity toothpastes.
>>
>>40983615
>hypertrophy of your jaw muscles
>get masseter gains in your sleep!
>>
File: Hypertrophy-of-the-masseter.jpg (56KB, 438x592px) Image search: [Google]
Hypertrophy-of-the-masseter.jpg
56KB, 438x592px
>>40984148
>the only way a poo loo will get a superior jawline
>>
Why do dentists have such a high suicide stat?

It seems like such a lucrative job.
Top tier 9-5 job. Don't even have to work Mon-Fri.
Make more money than most wagecels.
Surrounded by cutie DA's
>>
>>40982745
DOES COCONUT OIL GOOD FOR DENTAL HEALTH?
>>
>>40984165
Like I said before in the thread, I think it's just based on old statistics that were never updated and constantly re-cited. I think more modern statistical studies have found physicians have a higher suicide rate but that hasn't caught on.

But the stress of running a small business while handling healthcare at the same time isn't for everyone, that's for sure.
>>
>>40984190
What about working corporate?
Not as much pay but less stress
>>
>>40984200
Some like it. Some don't. They turn you into a money machine and kind of push you to over-treat to keep quotas met. Some see this as unethical and isn't how a doctor should act.
>>
>>40984221
sounds like they fell for the
>be a dentist to help people meme
>>
>>40982829
no drill, no bill my dude
>>
>>40982745
I've had awful dentist experiences as a kid, to the point where it really takes a lot of effort for me not to cry or be really stressed out at the dentist. I hate it when it happens, it's embarrasing for a 23 year old grill to be this scared. Does it annoy dentists when that happens? How do I stop? I mean, even with all the shit explained there's just anxiety.
It's not as bad when they're in there fucking with my teeth, it's just the before that I'm most stressed. Also, my wisdom tooth has to be pulled at some point, and I'm scared of having to be put under, does it really hurt that bad with just normal numbing stuff? They gave me a thing to go to a dental surgeon or some shit like that. Probably will have to cut gum open to get it out.
>>
>>40984300
pls be in melbourne
>>
I fell hard on my front tooth and now I need a root canal.

They suggest a dental crown which will run me $1500 fucking dollars. I heard that its not mandatory on a front tooth, would you advise me to get the crown anyway?
>>
File: 1439051585076.jpg (30KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1439051585076.jpg
30KB, 640x640px
>>40984300
Im also 23 and recently got 10 cavities filled. Stop being a coward, crack jokes with the dentist, and you'll relax. Anxiety is a meme
>>
Apparently I've been brushing my teeth too hard and have worn down my gum lines, exposing the root of my tooth. What should I do?
>>
>>40984300
>Does it annoy dentists when that happens? H
For me, it doesn't. We've had whole lectures a lot about how people will have these experiences and won't go to the dentist for years.
My advice is to go find a dentist and if he gives you lip, drop him and find a new one. That's the nice thing about capitalism. Don't stick with some guy who can't meet you in the middle to help you deal with your health problems.
>>
>>40982745
I have a receding gum on one of my bottom front teeth. I know that it is because of chewing tobacco. I quit about a year ago, but it hasnt come back and a dentist i visited said it wouldnt come back?
should I be worrying? I brush and floss it a lot so it doesnt get worse.
>>
>>40984138
I never considered that. Thank you
>>
>>40984181
I think this anon is asking if you know of any benefit to organic coconut oil when it comes to oral healthcare.
>>
>>40982745

Anon, I've had yellow teeth since I was a kid since I took antibiotics for a few years and my teeth became permanently stained because of them. I've been considering teeth whitening for a while now, but I happen to drink a lot of coke/pepsi. Word goes around that soda, coffee and tea are able to stain white teeth, and if so, the whitening process would be entirely futile. I've also heard from dentists before that soft drinks are basically the satan of oral health, especially coke, but I'm unsure whether this is hearsay or there's actual truth behind it.

What's your opinion on the matter?
>>
>>40982745
Get off /fit/ and go to bed Nate, we're doing legs tomorrow and I want you to have some energy.
>>
Had a root canal and the guy just filled it saying i'll need a crown at some point. Shit's been good for 2 years and it's fine but he brings it up at my cleanings. Is he trying to jew me?
>>
>>40984330
no
>>40984343
>crack jokes with the dentist
I do. Doesn't help that much.
>anxiety is a meme
yeah I wish it really was, this is why I hate actually having problems with it.
I'm at the point where I just tear up for no reason at all, I don't even understand why it's happening when it's happening. It's become an irrational fear kind of thing.
When I was a kid I was left with my grandparents, so I was taken to this shitty cunt when I was 8, my grandpa was right there, I was scared shitless, the bitch dentist talked shit, and so did my grandfather, right in front of her, instead of trying to calm me down.
Happened every time we went..
>stop being a coward
I'm working on it.
>>40984392
The people I found are pretty good, I love that doctor, he explains everything and he was teaching assistants how to do stuff while working on me. That temporary crown he made is a 10/10. Is there anything that annoys dentists that I should know about? I don't want to unknowingly anger the tooth gods.
>>
Just wanna say i love the dentist i think it's very relaxing. Love the water pick, love the cleanliness of the offices, love the cute dentists, I'm one of a few that look forward to going every time
>>
>>40985129
Second this. Dental student, help.
>>
>>40985129
>>40985597
he answered this in another post, scroll up
>>
>>40982745
some dentist bitch pulled my tooth when i was younger and all my bottom teeth are kind of moved towards that hole
would it be possible to move all the teeth in proper position and then regrow my lost tooth using stemcells or something. i feel incomplete without it

also if i have all wisdom teeth out and in proper position and they cause 0 problems so far should i worry about them?
>>
>>40982745
How do I fix an overbite? I had braces in the past, but it went back to overbite soon after I finished with them because I can't hold my tongue on the roof of the mouth. Trying to get used to mewing now but it's not easy.
>>
>>40983424
Do you brush your tongue? Worked for me
>>
>>40983669
Id recommend smirnoff or stolichnaya
>>
>>40983335
On the same train. Here is your solution: hydrogen peroxide (3%).
It is the whitening agent in crest whitestrips.
I bought mine of ebay, 500ml for 8euros. Great results>>40983338
Thread posts: 151
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.