[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does the iron heal the broken heart? Have you ever gone through

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: 1487781107520.jpg (106KB, 604x504px) Image search: [Google]
1487781107520.jpg
106KB, 604x504px
How does the iron heal the broken heart? Have you ever gone through a tough breakup, /fit/?

I couldn't even fucking lift today, can't do my job properly reading bs 'how to move on' articles.

We've been together for almost 3 years but I was after her long before that (since 2011). Worst part is that she's not being clear and just chose to ignore me. I was already close to her family and planned on proposing this year.

It hurts like a kick in the nuts every few minutes, worse than when granny died.
>>
h..help
>>
>>40978139
Went through a pretty bad breakup and couldnt lift either but here's what you gotta do: you got to build your confidence back up and focus on yourself. I downloaded tinder and started having meaningless sex with girls. You kinda get numb and you feel like you arent interested in anyone but this is the part that takes time, but someday what do you know a random qt appears and all of a sudden she's all you can think about. I know you feel like shit bro but remember, calm seas dont test the strength of the vessel and you're entering the eye of the storm my friend
>>
You need to go chill more and really soak your feelings. Doing things other than relaxing in silence without any distractions will prolong the pain. You don't have to do it all the time just when the feelings start to get strong. Or when you need relief.
>>
File: 1453693355695.jpg (51KB, 697x943px) Image search: [Google]
1453693355695.jpg
51KB, 697x943px
>>40978139
idk maybe try heavy deadlifts?
>>
>>40978857
>>
>>40978580
I feel there might be something to this, processing emotions might be the healthiest way OP
>>
>>40978139
If you want to aid your emotional health, help your physical and mental heath as well.

I was in a similar situation. I met a girl in 2012, chased her and we started dating in January 2014. I moved to a new city for her after we graduated and when she started med school. She broke up with me around the end of 2016 for a myriad of reasons - both on her end and mine - that I won't get into here. But I thought I was going to marry her and would have proposed if I had enough money to support a family.

But the point is that there is time for dwelling. Learn your lessons from what you got out of the relationship and how you can apply those lessons to future relationships. After that point, dwelling will only hurt you.

Lift weights, eat right, and sleeping well will help keep your body in order and help with this process. Keeping yourself mentally stimulated will keep you in the present and help prevent excessive dwelling.

One more important thing. When your mind inevitably dwells on her and what you had, you MUST force it out with positive thoughts of the future and present. Otherwise you end up spiraling downward and then you really won't be able to focus on your work and life (I have many times, especially at first). You're going to have to be strong here because this really sucks. But I guarantee you that eventually, your mind will take over and you'll feel happier without any strain.

You'll be okay. Maybe not now, but eventually. Keep strong, lift hard, cry, and sleep my friend
>>
>>40979215
seventh post best post
>>
Get lost in the wood with no supplies
>>
>>40978139
I think the best thing you can do for yourself is to read. Read, read, read.

You probably have so many questions running around inside your head right now. Why did she leave me? What did I do? Am I not good enough? I know at least I did. Fucked me over real good. Lost years 25-29 approximately just being a depressed person about shit like that.

Then I read the right book. It really did me wonders. It answered questions I didn't even KNOW I had. Then I read another book, then another. Some books weren't that fun or interesting, but I really needed them nonetheless. They were all about self-improvement, existentialism, some basic psychology, or similar subjects. Some books were hard to read, some books were pretty easy. If a book didn't really answer any questions I may have had going into it, it still did me good.

Then I did shrooms and LSD a couple of times. They did me good, really brought back some though processes I had repressed for 15+ years.

But the books did more, so first hit the books. Don't set the bar too high when it comes to literature at first, you'll naturally "progress" so to speak, just like with lifting.
>>
File: IMG_0190.png (94KB, 500x419px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0190.png
94KB, 500x419px
>>40978139
Got to get those 8 hours still son
> but my honest opinion is that it will hurt for a while, but eventually you learn to accept it and grow as a person. Life can be a bitch sometimes but you just have to endure until the good times come back
>>
>>40979345
What was the book that started it all?
>>
Rumination will only make it worse.
>>
>>40979215
>>40979345
this is very good advice, i hope i make it

>>40979215
what was the first book?
>>
>>40979455
>>40979795
The book that started it for me was "No More Mr. Nice Guy" by Dr. Robert A. Glover. It also had the most impact on me, because it was basically intended for guys like me, so it's not necessarily for you. It's a very easy read though, so if you're not used to reading a lot, check it out.

Other than that, "The Power of Now" by Eckhart Tolle is a good one, a bit more on the spiritual side.

"The Way of the Superior Man" by David Deida is cool too, but I probably wouldn't recommend it to someone who's just starting out on their journey so to speak.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.