[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's talk about 'water only' hydration changes.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

File: 4563537.jpg (161KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
4563537.jpg
161KB, 1280x853px
Let's talk about 'water only' hydration changes.

I'm all down for giving up soft drinks, but how far does this extend? Is Gatorade out, because I can drink the fuck out of some Gatorade daily. What about those little drink mix packs you pour into bottles of water? Kool-Aid? Powerade?

Is this thing a true, genuine, 100% "only water" requirement, or is just knocking out all sodas/soft drinks good enough?
>>
realistically it's your best bet to only drink water, you can think of all other beverages as just chemicals in a bottle or can.
>>
I'm in a different boat than OP. I'm completely fine with water only. However, I suffer from random headaches as it is (unsure if they're caffeine-related). I hear horror stories of people having several, debilitating, long-lasting headaches from going off sodas. I don't wanna have to go through that pain, I deal with it enough weekly (sometimes every day).
>>
>>40972719
this is stupid broscience, don't consume liquid calories that aren't satiating (ie excluding milk) unless you're counting calories, in which case you don't have to worry about consuming foods that don't satiate
>>
File: 1463891777051.gif (3MB, 406x300px) Image search: [Google]
1463891777051.gif
3MB, 406x300px
>>40972774

>drinking only water
>broscience
>>
>>40972774
Damn, the trolls are trying hard these days.

The point of the only-water shit is to stop ingesting all the shit (yes, it's shit) from soft drinks, and be healthier. More energy, less toxins, better internal functioning, etc etc. It's not just about "bruh, counting dem calories bruh", it's about not ingesting fucking garbage.

Water satiated EONS before Coke ever did, faggot.
>>
>>40972981
holy fuck, not even broscience, fucking momscience

please leave this board, honestly, even for /fit/, this is disgusting

I know fat people want to believe that they can cleanse their bodies, almost literally wash away years of poor choices, but unfortunately that's not how any of this works

https://examine.com/nutrition/is-diet-soda-bad-for-you/

wherever you got this idea from, stop going to that place for information on nutrition (even if that place is /fit/)

here are some good resources
bodyrecomposition.com
jeff nippard
alan aragon
bayesian bodybuilding
eric helms
brad schoenfeld
>>
File: 1338011583459.gif (3MB, 255x191px) Image search: [Google]
1338011583459.gif
3MB, 255x191px
>>40973016
Are you actually proffering to this board of informed, well-rounded /fit/izens, that plain, natural, pure WATER is -NOT- better for you than FUCKING SODAS!!??
>>
File: IMG_2347.jpg (56KB, 585x398px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2347.jpg
56KB, 585x398px
>>40973046
Am I being trolled?
It literally doesn't matter at all; drink whatever you like--I'm arguing against a restriction on drink choice.
>>
>>40972719
gatoraid has the same macros as a soda its pretty much the same shit
>>
>>40973016
>https://examine.com/nutrition/is-diet-soda-bad-for-you/

Have fun with your shitty yellow teeth
>>
>>40973065
I brush my teeth regularly and only drink diet soda occasionally, so this isn't a problem
>>
Sodas and all these flavored drinks are terrible for your teeth (staining and wearing them away). Avoid them all if you can.

If you must drink them, use a straw and rinse your mouth with water when you are done, then brush your teeth 30 minutes later so your enamel has time to recover.
>>
>>40972719
ONLY DRINK WATER HWO FUCKING HARD IS IT TO UNDERSTANSD THIS FUCKING GHODW DAMNIT
>>
>>40973057
>It literally doesn't matter at all; drink whatever you like

Jesus son, where you abused as a child?.... I fucking hope so, at least you would have an excuse for being so god damn dense.
>>
I was addicted to diet pop. Like that's all I drank.

I switched to only water and the concessional cup of coffee. It was hard for the first 2 weeks but now I don't even like the taste of soda anymore.
>>
File: Jojo_prediction.png (1MB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
Jojo_prediction.png
1MB, 1440x810px
>>40973057
>It literally doesn't matter; eat whatever you want- I'm arguing against a restriction on food choice
>>
>>40972759

Seems similar to the headaches people receive when they give up coffee. You'll have headaches for a few days, then you will be fine once the last of the coffee/soda leaves your system.
>>
>>40973089
jesus christ, no board knows less about its subject matter
>>
>>40972731
water is a chemical
>>
File: 11nj692.jpg (26KB, 500x403px) Image search: [Google]
11nj692.jpg
26KB, 500x403px
>>40973099
>water is a chemical
>>
>>40973122
this must be a troll thread
>>
>>40973099
>dihydrogen monoxide poisoning
>>
Dirt pepsi is basically water. You should drink that!
>>
Soda, energy drinks, gatorade, juice, all high sugar concentration.
Healthy 'Vitamin Water'? 32g sugar per bottle.
It all boils down to sugar concentration, and if you're consuming drinks high in sugar you're a fucking idiot.
>>
>>40972719
The sugar-substitute drinks are fine, the mixes you mentioned. It's still like 10 calories for 17oz, but they're fine. The ingredients are basic and get pissed out pretty easily.
>>
>>40972719
Water only objectively the best.
Maybe tea, too.
Real tea, not that shitty shit.

Gatorade is sugar water.
Fuck muh electrolytz.
That's called marketing.

You don't have to drop shitty drinks completely if you don't want to. Have a soda or two on the weekend. But that shit is seriously terrible for you.
>>
>>40972719
In the morning I have an espresso. During the day water only. In the evening, I squeeze a lime into soda water. That's it. Simple and chemical free.
>>
>>40973186

drinking too much water will kill you though
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.