[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /fit/ I'm looking to get into weightlifting to supplement

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

Hey /fit/

I'm looking to get into weightlifting to supplement my weight loss regimen of eating healthier (and less) and moving more.

I keep seeing things like 3x5 and 5x25 floating around with different exercises when talking about a routines. What doe these numbers mean exactly?

Also, what does a typical week at the gym look like for you guys? Is it Monday - Legs, Tuesday - Arms, Wednesday - Core, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday ???

Not sure what a good routine would look like.
>>
Bump. Just need a little explanation.
>>
is this bait?
I want to try explain and help you but I think this is bait
>>
>>40971484
Not bait. Seriously curious. Very new to the fit thing.
>>
>>40971224
>9gag
>dailyfailcenter
>not reading the sticky

I'll explain it anyway. sets x reps; sets are groups of reps - they can be done with rest between them, reps are repetitions of the same movement done without rest between them.

If you an absolute beginner, any program which can form a habit of activity will get you gains and probably burn fat. There's a myriad of cookie cutter routines out there - I started with PPL, but you could run SS, smolov, greyskull, etc. etc., depending on your goals.

You shouldn't have to program for yourself in the beginning but when you get comfortable enough to be able to do that you should make it short, sweet, simple and avoid fuckarounditis. Make it revolve around compound, taxing lifts. My routine is directed towards Oly lifts, for instance. Sun/Thurs - Snatch, Tues/Sat - C&J. I also do a power variation of said lift or a press, one or two pulls, high volume front/back squats, and a few bodybuilding/accessory movements if I have time.

Nutrition and cardio play the backbone of weight loss still. I suggest endurance cardio; personally I climb (on a bike) 15-20mi when I'm not in the gym and I commute on the bike too. As far as nutrition goes, the fastest way to eat better is to eat more vegetables and protein and you will regulate much better.
>>
>>40971224
3x5 means 3 sets of 5 repetitions of said exercise. Many people differ in routines but mine is
day1- chest/back
Day2- shoulders /arms
Day3- legs
Day4- rest
Day5- upper body
Day6- legs
Day7- rest
>>
>>40971600
Thanks for the info!
I'm guessing that the amount of sets you do of an exercise is limited to your endurance, and I should just start with doing as many as I can and start from there.

I like the exercise bike idea. I usually associate cardio with treadmill, and I never loved those. Always preferred elliptical.

I think I'll start with a routine that looks like >>40971629 .
>>
>>40971704
get a dog start jogging every morning.
It's a great way to build a routine and a great way to determine refugees.
>>
>>40971600
recommending smolov to a beginner
please stop
>>
>>40971224
First you gotta ask yourself what your goal is. Lift hella weight? Look hella good naked? sadly you can't really do both without a lot of time spent in the gym or gear
>>
>>40971704
>I'm guessing that the amount of sets you do of an exercise is limited to your endurance, and I should just start with doing as many as I can and start from there.

no, that is incorrect
just do 3x5 and if you feel like you can do more go up in weight the next time
>>
>>40971843
Main goal is to fuck more bitches and have a clearer mind. Although if I spend any more time on /fit/ I may end up fucking dudes and being confused in the locker room.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.