[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it advantageous to be tall or short if you want to powerlift,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_2215.jpg (77KB, 600x449px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2215.jpg
77KB, 600x449px
Is it advantageous to be tall or short if you want to powerlift, considering bone structure is the same either way?
>lanklets make some bs excuses
>>
>>40970868
It's best to be medium
>>
>>40970868
As a rule of thumb, short for bench pressing, tall for dead lift. Or at least, short and long limbs, respectively. As for squatting, as a tall guy I find I need to bend over way more than a manlet who can squat with perfect posture. But I've known some strong, tall squatters. Also, the world record holder on the bench press is 6'10.

>manlets BTFO yet again

When will they learn?
>>
Short.
>>
>>40970868

If you're shorter you can fit into weight classes easier while remaining lean and still be competitive. If you're 6'+ your only options in which you will be competitive are 105, 120 and 120+ all of which will have you walking around at at least 15% bf to fill out.
>>
File: Kirill_Sarychev2.jpg (63KB, 402x604px) Image search: [Google]
Kirill_Sarychev2.jpg
63KB, 402x604px
>>40970882
>Also, the world record holder on the bench press is 6'10.
wwtl?
>>
>>40970891
This is the only thing I will waste time arguing with, but probably to no avail.
>HEIGHT =/= SIZE
Human bodies VARY. People's genetics don't care JACK SHIT for your BMI index.
>>
>>40970882
>6'10
Someone should tell Kirill he's grown 5 inches.
>>
File: 1476452937171.gif (721KB, 455x252px) Image search: [Google]
1476452937171.gif
721KB, 455x252px
>>40970868
Bigger/thicker guys usually can lift more overall weight

>long arms and short legs/torso are good for dead lifts
>short arms and thick chests are good for benching
>short legs and possibly short torso are good for squats

Nobody has the perfect body for all 3

Just shut the fuck up and lift

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjPiUulp2Dk
>>
>>40970939

Look at it this way, somebody who is shorter is going to be able to maximize the muscle on their frame at a lighter weight class. If we compare a 5'8" guy and a 6'1" guy at the same bodyweight and same bodyfat percentage, the 5'8" guy is going to have a signifigantly higher percentage of his overall bodyweight be muscle, and the 6'1" guy is going to have a significantly higher percentage be connective tissues. Also the 5'8" guy is going to have much better leverages.

For taller lifters, their strength potential is much higher, because they can carry much more muscle on their frames, but they need to have big enough muscles to actually get there.
>>
>>40970941
Sorry, I fucked up the conversion from metric system to burger numbers.
>>
>>40971050
No big deal, your point stands - he's a tall dude. The take away is that if a tall guy wants to do well he needs to get very, very large. Sarychev is something like 180kg.
>>
>>40970976
i always think about it in terms of relative vs absolute strength

>Bacteria can pull thousands of times their own weight
>ants 50x their weight
>manlets more % of their bodyweight on certain lifts

however the bigger the animal gets, it can move more actual weight because of larger joints and muscle bellies
>>
File: 1486560111922manlets.jpg (115KB, 678x800px) Image search: [Google]
1486560111922manlets.jpg
115KB, 678x800px
>>40970918
thanks for the pic, sharing mine
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.