[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>trying to leave skellington mode >too much anxiety to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0120.jpg (104KB, 601x508px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0120.jpg
104KB, 601x508px
>trying to leave skellington mode
>too much anxiety to go to gym, but I have a home barbell and dumbbell set, as well as a bench
>doing some pretty vanilla exercises 3 days a week
>want to actually adopt and start doing a real workout regimen
>all of the ones online are different concerning exercises and sets/reps
>the worst part is that two-thirds of the lifts they recommend have completely retarded names and I have absolutely no idea how to do them, much less properly
>they also all require you have a buttload of expensive equipment like kettle balls, bands, etc.

I'm feeling like I should just give up. Barrier to entry seems too high for me and just thinking about these retarded lifts makes me fucking angry; actually trying them makes me furious and like I want to cry tears of impotent rage.

Can someone just please recommend a solid mass-building regimen that doesn't require me to spend hundreds on more equipment and aren't overly complicated?
>>
>>40966176
do SS

and go to the gym. if you need to, go with a friend
>>
https://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/wotw3.htm
Seriously, this explains everything you need to do a basic program. Just remember to progress your lift and you will see decent gains. Don't give up, we're all going to make it bro
>>
>>40966199
go with anyone if friends are not an option, you'll get comfy there sooner or later
>>
>>40966199
No, I can't go to the gym. I've had anxiety attacks before there and I know I would have one again if I went. I also have no friends to go with, as I am recently NEET and all of my friends are hundreds of miles away at school.

>>40966253
Thanks man, I'll check that out.

>>40966276
Not an option. Go with anyone? Please be joking.
>>
>>40966295
>>40966253
As a followup, this link seems like solid stuff but is lifting 4 days in a row really such a good idea?
>>
>>40966352
you have to sort your life out lad. get on drugs and go tho therapy

I wish there was a version of /soc/ to find gym buddies so I could help spergs like you t b h
>>
>>40966176
Wtf you can do everything with dumbbells/ a barbell and a bench you're just retarded
>>
>>40966401
>you have to sort your life out lad. get on drugs and go tho therapy
I do both already, and while they do help my anxiety go an extent, the gym is where it's the absolute WORST. So stop telling me to go there when it's the last place I'll ever go
>>
>>40966426
you need to and you know you need to
>>
>>40966426
You seem to not have the willpower to be working out very hard to start with and home workouts are easy to give up on which is not recommended obv
>>
>>40966176
>stop drinking alcohol
>start counting calories and bulking
>go to the gym with that friend whose been >pestering you to go
>start reggie parks beginners routine
literally nobody gives a shit about you except for your spotter
>>
>>40966488
also
>bodybuilding.com for learning form
>>
>>40966352
As long as the split makes sense then it's cool to lift multiple days in a row. This split is solid and I wouldn't try to change it up too much. Plus one day is abs, which isn't really a "workout" so don't sweat it
>>
>>40966459
My not going to the gym has nothing to do with willpower. I've been sticking to the following routing 3 times a week from home consistently:

Day A:
- Bench Press
- DB Squat (having a lot of trouble with this one because of my splayed feet, taken to do wallsits instead sometimes)
- DB Row
- DB Curl
- DB Extension

Day B:
- Step ups
- Deadlift
- DB Shoulder Press
- DB Shrugs
- DB Sidebends

The problem with going to the gym is that I am incapable of going there without having an anxiety attack. If you can't help me with a home regimen, don't bother posting
>>
File: IMG_0273.jpg (79KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0273.jpg
79KB, 700x700px
>>40966488
>go to the gym with that friend whose been pestering you to go
I DON'T HAVE ANY FUCKING FRIENDS AT HOME AND CERTAINLY NONE THAT GO TO THE GYM SO FUCKING STOP SUGGESTING THIS
>>
>>40966524
holy fuck you're a whiny faggot
>>
>>40966512
I'm not saying the gym is willpower, what I'm saying is that home workouts are easy to quit and if you actually have low dedication to working out it's very easy to drop it.
There's also workouts in the sticky that you should have read that are good for a beginner, and they're all super simple and, though I would recommend barbell, you could even do slight variants of the ones in every recommended workout with dumbbells
>>
>>40966512
I don't go to a gym because it logistically makes no sense in my life. It would literally take 4 hours a day to do a workout at the closest gym.
Just stick with a routine that has more variety in lifts unless you have decent amount of barbell weights and aren't afraid of fucking your shit up without a spotter. What's the specific equipment you have, ie dumbbell weight limits?
>>
>>40966524

the objectively best way to learn proper form is by observing other experienced weightlifters, like the kind of people doing leg press at any commercial gym, and asking them questions directly

therefore you should go to the gym brah
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.