[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Doing OHP I just got a partial dislocation is my left shoulder

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: IMG-20170403-WA0028.jpg (85KB, 640x583px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20170403-WA0028.jpg
85KB, 640x583px
Doing OHP I just got a partial dislocation is my left shoulder once again, are there any good substitutes for OHP? Also, is the military press safer than the dumbell one?
>>
>>40951930
dumbbell press will work each arm more which will build up your strength better and might reduce chance of dislocation.
barbell is good for e-statting.
>>
>>40951975
Thanks, the problem is though is that I have partially dislocated my shoulder twice now in one year doing dumbell presses, im afraid I will hurt my shoulders more if I continue to do them. Do you have any advice?
>>
>>40951997
no not really, sorry. Try deloading and working on form.
>>
>>40951997
what the fuck you fucking sperg how is it hard to do it with proper form and with correct weight
>>
>>40951975
I had labrum repair surgery and dumbbell press hurts way more
>>
>>40952010
I will, thanks for the advice anyway.
>>
>>40952023
Okay buddy, calm down there, I dont think my form is that bad, I keep my back straight and shoulder to the back and down. What am I doing wrong here?
>>
>>40952038
because dumbbell press works each individual rotator cuff more.
>>
>>40952093
Yesh but it literally feels like it's gonna pop out

I do db bench press though and it feels great
>>
>>40951930
What's the difference between OHP and military press? Newb lifter asking thx
>>
>>40952058
once you've dislocated it once you injure the joint capsule, you may have a bankart lesion. Tell your doctor your shoulder feels unstable and it's interfering with work/hobbies and they might repair it surgically
>>
>>40952146
then do a lower weight and increase slowly?
after a surgery like that you're not trying to train your muscles you're trying to train all the shit that failed before back to the shitty level it failed at and then hopefully better so it doesn't fail again
>>
>>40952200
I did precisely that. It's been 1.5 years since the surgery.

But still barbell OHP feels more or less normal but with dumbbells feels fucked up on anything besides babyweight
>>
>>40952247
idfk man, maybe you're just a cripple now?
>>
>>40952159
The placement of the feet, military press has your feet touching eachother OHP they are shoulder width.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.