[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What angle do you guys put your feet at while squatting? Kelly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 00020.jpg (10KB, 239x198px) Image search: [Google]
00020.jpg
10KB, 239x198px
What angle do you guys put your feet at while squatting?

Kelly Starret says 5-12 deg
Rippetoe says ~30 deg

I feel like I'm overcomplicating it, but am still dedicated to relearning the lift from scratch after lagging quite drastically on it.
>>
I thought they were supposed to be parallel. ._.
>>
>>40950594
Just place them at the angle where you're most comfortable and stable at the lowest point
>>
>>40950594
360 deg
>>
>>40950649
This.

Angle is literally different for everybody. Find where it's most comfortable and squat like that.
>>
More duckfooted than I should be. I've been working on my knee flexibility to strait it out a bit.
>>
by externally rotating your feet, you open up your hips and allow more of the muscles on outside of your hips to be the primary movers. It also emphasizes tension on your adductors, which are the muscles on the inside of your thighs.

Rippetoes reasoning is that the more you externally rotate your feet the further you can get your knees apart, and the further apart your knees are, the more room you have between your legs to fit your gut.
>>
>>40950594
I strained my adductor with 45 degree. It should be straight ahead and a tiny bit outward if you want bigger legs. If you're powerlifting you should go 40 degrees and 1.5x shoulder width but make sure your inner thigh muscles can handle it. I neglected mine so wide squats destroyed them.
>>
File: 1489352159026.png (157KB, 500x461px) Image search: [Google]
1489352159026.png
157KB, 500x461px
Related to this thread: I've have groin pain becouse I like to squat deep but I don't have the flexibility. My left abductor muscle hurts like a bitch during the eccentric movement. What to do to not injure myself further? Thanks
>>
>>40950794
Also it stretches your adductors out so they can contribute to hip extension at the bottom which adds more muscles to the lift which lets you lift more which makes you stronger which lets you lift more.
>>
>>40950594
How much does starret squat?
>>
>>40951285
Do some cossack squats, which will stretch out your hip adducters.

I had that problem a while ago and the stretching really helped.
>>
>>40952912
>Do some cossack squats

Thanks a lot mate
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.