[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think about minoxidil? Does it work? Any side effects

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: rogaineshop_2269_9564798.jpg (735KB, 1200x1114px) Image search: [Google]
rogaineshop_2269_9564798.jpg
735KB, 1200x1114px
What do you think about minoxidil? Does it work? Any side effects to take into consideration?
>>
>>40947363
Bearded fag here. Why the fuck do you faggots want a beard? You know how much of a pain in the fycking ass it is to shave? Be thankful for your peach fuzz faces.
>>
>>40947378
Not OP but i can grow a chinstrap and neckbeard but nothing else. I've got all the downsides of facial hair and none of the good. I want to try it to fill in my cheeks and moustache.
>>
>>40947363
Been using it for about 6 months and it resulted in noticeable hair gains on my crown and the top of my head, which was starting to thin. I also use a hair regrowth shampoo. It's not terribly expensive and seemed to help me out in the thinnest spots, or at the very least stop further hair loss.
>>
>>40947378

How do you know hes not using it for his head instead?
>>
>>40947832
Because 9/10 times its beardlets asking about this shit.
>>
>>40947789
Which shampoo do you use? I've read Nioxin is a scam but I used to like it. I use Nizoral now and I think it definitely helps by stopping DHT irritation.
>>
>>40947972
>>40947764
>>40947378
>>40947832
It's for my head.

>>40947789
>>40947995
OP here. I'm currently using Alpecin, and it has been holding up.
>>
File: 71bwMhd5ROL._SL1500_.jpg (137KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
71bwMhd5ROL._SL1500_.jpg
137KB, 1500x1500px
>>40947995
>Which shampoo do you use?

Brand is "Nourish Beauté Hair Growth Support Shampoo", yellow label bottle that I got from Amazon. I use it every few days. I scrub it in and let it sit while I wash the rest of myself, then rinse it out. I can't for certain whether it or the Minoxidil has had the most effect, or if it's one or the other, but I do know that I have seen noticeable improvement which I didn't even think was possible.
>>
>>40948016
it does what it's supposed to

liquid is rly itchy and annoying tho, go for the foam
>>
>>40949084
this

foam is so much better and worth the extra, im stuck with 9 months of liquid still and I hate it.

At least I gave up on regaining head hair and just use it on beard now.
>>
>>40949121
>>40949084
My question in terms of side effects was in terms of sexuality (impotence, fertility) and if it can have the opposite effect (falling hair)
>>
>>40949161
I've read it can cause shedding when you first start. I don't think there's any other sides except possibly allergies
>>
>>40947363
It makes your scalp dry and itchy as FUCK. I can't begin to imagine putting it on your face. It would seriously fuck your shit up bad.

I'm still using it but not daily and I use anti itch lotion and coconut oil to prevent eczema on my scalp.
>>
>>40949161
why don't you do your research? minoxidil is a vasodilator, it has zero hormonal effect
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.