[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>look in the mirror >body looks alright, face looks alright

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 1481133568255.jpg (6KB, 240x178px) Image search: [Google]
1481133568255.jpg
6KB, 240x178px
>look in the mirror
>body looks alright, face looks alright
>take a picture
>face looks fucking retarded
>body looks disgusting

what's wrong with my brain
>>
same thing that's wrong with everyone else's
>>
>>40944909

wide angle lenses
>>
>>40944909
it's all about the light and distance bro. face the sun and move your phone away from you and you will look your best. dont do bathroom selfie shots bathrooms have shit lighting.
>>
>>40944909
yeah i wonder the same for myself
>>
i always wonder this.
why does my physique look so much shittier in photos compared to the mirror?
>>
this has been answered a lot on here, and is easily googleable.

to summarise:

the mirror is an idealised version of your face. your brain streamlines small issues with symmetry/imperfections. motion & changing lighting also conceal flaws. if you will, the mirror is a blending of multiple still images of your face blending together to give a sort of composite average idea of your face.

the photo is a static image of your face. static images highlight imperfections as it allows close inspection. lighting is static and might not be favourable. lenses can distort facial shape significantly. the reverse image of yourself in the photo is also offensive to your brain (as it only knows you via the mirror) and so it's easily confused by this change in appearance. additionally, the human face is rarely good looking in close up static images without some touching up or just genuine luck + amazing genes.

basically, its two extremes one is hyper idealised and the other is hyper-clinical.

a person looking at you doesn't realistically see either, but sort of a middle ground between them.
>>
>>40944909
>>look in the mirror

>>take a picture

Welcome to year 3 schooling

Can YOU tell the difference between looking at yourself in a mirror, and a picture of yourself?
>>
File: lenses.gif (1MB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
lenses.gif
1MB, 500x500px
>>40944909
+ You subconsciously like what you see often, your mirror version is opposite of your photo version and looks alien to you
+ Things in motion look different from things stationary
>>
>>40944909
Same m8. Bathroom lighting makes me look so fucking pale in pictures with my phone. At least in professional photos I look like what I see in the mirror
>>
Am I the only one who doesn't get this?

When I look at myself in a mirror, I have always felt that I'm fat and unappealing skinnyfat looking, but when I see a picture or a video of myself I'm like damn, do I look that skinny? god damn!
>>
>>40944909
Just use a big ass camera and not a shitty phone pic.

Seriously.
>>
>>40944909
When you look at your own face in the mirror you observe yourself with 2 lenses (eyes) simultaniously

When you take a picture your camera observes you with one lense making it a closeup selfie look different then looking in the mirror

Its a matter of perspective, other people are what you see in the mirror, not what you see on a pic
>>
The face in the mirror is a mirrored picture of you. Your brain is used to that picture. When your brain sees the unmirrored picture of you, it is confused, and it highlights all unsymmetricalities.
>>
When you look at your real face your brain distorts it, since it's so used to seeing your mirror face (which automatically fixes any assymetry). Just but a non-reversing mirror and get used to your face. After some time you won't notice it anymore.
>>
>>40944909
unless you take the perfect photo you'll look weird.

Record a video of yourself for a more accurate look.
>>
>>40945127
trippy
>>
>look in the mirror
>look like shit
>take a photo
>look even worse
what is even the point in being alive
>>
>>40944961
This. It took me a while to figure it out but I got there eventually. Just don't overdo it with the sun.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.