[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So as the weakling pleb I am, when should I stop doing machines

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

File: Freeweighs.jpg (2MB, 4432x2955px) Image search: [Google]
Freeweighs.jpg
2MB, 4432x2955px
So as the weakling pleb I am, when should I stop doing machines and go to free weights?
>>
>>40937199
whenever you feel like you want to stop being a weakling pleb
>>
Immediately
If you have to do lightweight on free weights to start, who cares?
Just start.
>>
Nah bruh, stay with the machines. Weights are dangerous.

Just make sure you get a variety.
>>
>>40937199
The moment you stepped in the gym
>>
I just feel like I lack the stability with holding free weighs, even with just the bar. My hands just shake. Is there any way to improve that?
>>
>>40937343
that just comes with being able to handle the weight as you get stronger
>>
Literally the day you start lifting
Shaky arms results from underdeveloped stabilizer muscles. Half of the point of machines is so you don't have to engage your stabilizers at all
>>
>>40937343
Keep lifting, staying on the machines wont help you work them stabilizers
>>
>>40937343
Use the free weights
>>
Use free weights. Machine not working stabilizers is a real thing.

I was worried about squat form and leg pressed for months. Once I could press 350 for reps I told myself Id start squatting, low and behold I'm still not even at 2pl8 when I can bench 2.25pl8

Don't fall for my retard mistake
>>
>>40937210
fpbp
>>
>>40937549
>>40937610
>>40937621
Alright sounds like I just gotta tough to out and do those free weights
>>
>>40937737
So why the fuck did you comment
>>
>>40937742
I'm a skelly and recently started lifting, I know how fucking beta you feel when you can't lift a lot of free weight because it's so damn visible to everyone how weak you are. I'm still weak af, but I'm comfortable with that, because soon I won't be.

Thing is, every single bull in the gym has been just as weak, they know exactly the process you're going through. Just ignore everyone else, if they were to care about what you do at the gym, that just shows their own insecurity and everyone can tell.
>>
Personally I didn't take my workout seriously until I started doing free weights. I did the machines and never finished a workout because it was so boring and progress was nothing. now I enjoy doing free weights and working out I look forward to it.
>>
>>40937744
Because a faggot like you couldn't stop me
>>
Machines have no carryover to freeweights.

Freeweights have infinite carryover to machines.
>>
>>40937343
>Is there any way to improve that?
yes by
>holding free weighs
>>
>>40938149
Nice broscience.
Ah yeah the guy who leg presses 400 lbs wouldn't be able to do 1 pl8.
>>
>>40937199
At the beginning
>>
>>40937199
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EP2g3Sj3qSw
and
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ro3Mh9o7JPU
>>
>>40937199
If machines are good enough for Bas Rutten, they're good enough for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ghRVlhWtiU
>>
>>40937610
Should I add any weight before my lifts get less wobbly?

I did bench today for the first time and while I was able to get the bar up and down easy enough, it was shaking all over the place.
>>
>>40938149
>I was only pretending to be retarded
>>
>>40937199

now
>>
>>40938254
To full depth i highly doubt it.

>>40937343
>>40937199
Gurl?
>>
>>40938268
>2:57 it sounds like he starts farting
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.