[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've been taking 20+ mg of melatonin every night for the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: tas-melatonin.jpg (39KB, 1000x666px) Image search: [Google]
tas-melatonin.jpg
39KB, 1000x666px
I've been taking 20+ mg of melatonin every night for the past 4-5 years.
I see a lot of people saying shit like it prevents you from producing it yourself after you take it for a while or it has negative side effects but I haven't experienced either of those. If I miss a night I sleep just as bad as I did before I ever started taking it.
Anyway ask me anything, I guess I'm kind of knowledgeable on the subject
>>
sorry uh can you clarify why taking a substance makes you an expert on it?

especially since after your first sentence you've already established you don't understand the underlying mechanisms.
>>
>>40933504
>20mg

holy shit
>>
>>40933515
Never said I was an expert bud. Calm down
>>40933518
Yeah I've heard anything more than 5mg is a lot, but unless I take at least 10 I don't really feel anything. Might even be placebo but like I said, haven't had any negative side effects
>>
>>40933504
20mg is a fuck ton. I take 3mg only on weekend nights and it doesn't put me out but it makes it easier to fall asleep. I've noticed it doesn't work very well if you're upset/anxious/angry tho. I once took a full gram during a light emotional breakdown and I was still wide awake for hours. Feels like a gentle nudge towards sleep more than anything. No negative side effects here also but I don't take as much as you.
>>
>>40933816
>a gram

night night
>>
>>40933828
As I said it didn't help really. If I wasn't freaking out it might have but I haven't taken that much since.
>>
>>40933816
I've had diagnosed depression and anxiety for years, also ADD which doesn't help either. Even with melatonin (like last night for instance) I sometimes lie in bed literally all night and don't sleep at all.
>>
>>40933844
My ex has a pretty severe case of anxiety and her doctor didn't prescribe her meds for that but did give her a pill that'll put her to sleep for 6+ hours easy. I don't know what your situation is but melatonin sounds a bit too tame to help you.
>>
https://examine.com/supplements/melatonin/

For regulating the sleep cycle, doses of melatonin between 500mcg (0.5mg) and 5mg seem to work. Start with 500mcg, and if it doesn’t work, work up to 3-5mg. The benefits of melatonin are not dose-dependent - taking more will not help you fall asleep faster.

To help with sleep, take roughly 30 minutes before going to bed.

Growth hormone appears to spike slightly better at 5mg than 500mcg, although both doses are fairly effective.

30s of internet research and youre already proven to have been a retard for the last 4-5 years gj m8
>>
>>40933860
Yeah my doctors have never given me anything though. Maybe it's because I'm young (20 now) but I don't know. Should be seeing my shrink again soon so going to try again.
>>
>>40933866
Don't know what to tell you bud. Been experimenting with it for 5 years. I know what works for me. 3mg certainly doesn't do fuck all to me.
>>
>>40933882
I feel like the younger you are the more doctors might assume you're exaggerating your symptoms. The older I get the easier it seems to get prescriptions.
>>
>>40933905
Yeah hoping you're right. Haven't inquired about sleeping meds for a couple years now so maybe it'll actually happen this time. Would be fantastic.
>>
>>40933844
ive had that

literally sat there until i got up at around 8am and made some food before going back

i can sometimes feel my heart beating through my whole body
>>
>>40933945
Fuck man it sucks. Really not a good feeling. If you get it often see a doctor.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.