[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Haven't lifted in a month >Lost all motivation in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: booze.png (48KB, 500x362px) Image search: [Google]
booze.png
48KB, 500x362px
>Haven't lifted in a month
>Lost all motivation in lifting
>Don't enjoy it anymore

Anyone else in the same boat? I've never taken a month long hiatus before, it's always been 1-2 weeks tops.
>>
File: 1366338296312.jpg (65KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1366338296312.jpg
65KB, 600x900px
Thats why you never go over 3 days without exercise
>>
>>40933241
Habits, not temporary motivation make the man.
>>
Lifting is such a rewarding consistant activity compared to people. Why you depression fags let your feelings get in the way of the purity of lifting iron is something i dont understand.
>>
That's called depression anon, no longer enjoying things you usually do.
>>
You dont need motivation faggot. Being at the gym is not, to me anyway, particularly unpleasant. In fact, while you are there it normally feels pretty good, so just go.
>>
If you don't enjoy lifting don't do it

It's just a hobby
>>
>>40933478
you have no idea what depression is
>>
Don't ego lift. Just imagine you are a simpleton building a castle. One megablock at a time
>>
>>40933241
force yourself to go everyday for a week or two
everyday one hour. dp ppl pr something.
usually does the trick for me
>>
>>40933506
Anhedonia is the inability to experience pleasure from activities usually found enjoyable. A typical symptom in depression. Just one, but a symptom. - Psychfag
>>
>>40933655
Anhedonia =/= depression you fucking first year

It just means something that WAS enjoyable now ISNT.

You dont still enjoy sunday morning cartoons do you? Do you wake up every morning and all you care about is sponge bob? No of course not well thats fucking Anhedonia.
>>
Maybe try slowly getting back into the routine. Start with half the frequency you are used to(use your brain to estimate proper frequency) then slowly increase it till you're good.
>>
>>40933241
a last year took 6weeks off, bench went down 25kg, just had to push through it and now im glad i did, just try doing 45min to 1hr workouts with high intensity till you enjoy it again
>>
Lift for strength, way easier to stay motivated when you can see your lifts go up
>>
>>40933671
I said it was a symptom. From what OP is saying and that he is on a board for discussing fitness then I think the idea that he us suffering depressive symptoms, i.e. anhedonia. Which is more used in the clinical sense as the loss of pleasure in USUAL activities. Since I never said he has depression and also that you can not appreciate symptomatic expressions of a complicated spectral disorder, then you can fuck off and go scream 'not depression' all you like. Like a child.
>>
>>40933241
>this thread again?

discipline > motivation
>>
>>40933809

this
>>
File: image.jpg (78KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
78KB, 500x500px
>>40933241

You just need to restart you momentum.

Do 50 knee push-ups, focusing on your chest contraction.

Do some crunches or leg lifts from the floor.

Do some squats. Once warm, do something I call frog squats. You squat down, jump, and squat down again as you land (like a frog).

Do some inverted rows or light barbell rows.

The goal here isn't a training stimulus.

You just need to get the blood flowing and the muscles working. This should motivate you to go to the gym. If it doesn't, repeat this every day until it does.
>>
took around a month break before
studying for finals so i used that as an excuse to justify not going to the gym
winter break then started and only had access to a shit apartment gym

force yourself to start again
the first couple of weeks will be the hardest
youve gotten used to not going to the gym

but once you get past that initial hump, youll remember why you used to love going to the gym

stay strong brother

as for those with depression
i feel you... let me know when you find out what works for you
lifting is the onyl thing i do now... and only because it provides a temporary relief
i do the bare bare minimum amoutn of work for school

sometimes i just want to bash my head in with a brick just so i can see pieces of my head break off
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.