[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This has to be fake right? I'm 67kg (normal bodyfat) and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

This has to be fake right?
I'm 67kg (normal bodyfat) and I could barely lift 15-20kg (3 sets of 8)

There's no way an untrained person can lift 50kg in my weight.
>>
It seems slightly exaggerated, but mostly correct.
>>
The numbers are for 1 rep maxes
>>
>>40925647
thats for a max effort
>>
>>40925670
>mostly correct
unless you're a high test freak
>>40925676
>>40925686

No where it says that though.
Still, even if I grant that, it's still way too fucking high
Just remember, were you able to lift that much when you were starting?
>>
>>40925698
It's implied, since there are no rep ranges.

>Just remember, were you able to lift that much when you were starting?
When I was starting and in the 67kg row my starting 1RM for bench was 115, which is a hair over 50kg, so yes, in my case it was. But regardless, if your 1RM is still under the Untrained cutoff you're still untrained.

Don't stress too much about where you lie on the chart. Just lift.
>>
>>40925698
In high school I was 180lbs/82kg and was able to do 1pl8 starting, so it seems fine to me. Anything below the untrained amount is just untrained, that's simply the cutoff.
>>
File: ExRx Strength Standards - Copy.png (63KB, 1086x540px) Image search: [Google]
ExRx Strength Standards - Copy.png
63KB, 1086x540px
>>40925698
These are frpm ExRx
>>
>>40925647
these standards tend to not account for everyone being totally inactive at the untrained level. there should probably be another tier called "extremely untrained".

a 50kg bench isn't a lot. there are kids in high school that have never benched and will start at over 2plate. these are typically kids that grew up having to do a lot of yard work type of shit. where you start is based on a spectrum mostly determined by these kinds of things with a secondary factor of genetics
>>
>>40925789
Is this bait?

How can an untrained highschooler bench 2 plates?
>>
File: EXRX.png (47KB, 1235x727px) Image search: [Google]
EXRX.png
47KB, 1235x727px
>>40925698
>No where it says that though.
>Just remember, were you able to lift that much when you were starting?
yes, but it's a standard, not a norm
>>
>>40925809

where do you live? there were probably a couple examples of this on your high school's football team. it isn't that uncommon. my friend's brother 1rm was 3plate and hes just some fat white guy.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.