[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where's that Irish 1 plate drag factor Master race fucker?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

Where's that Irish 1 plate drag factor Master race fucker? Get in here I have erg questions.

Also rowing general. Also pimp my erg. Pic related.
>>
>>40925296
Jesus fucking Christ that's hideous. Just get a Concept 2 and call it a day.
>>
>>40925296
I can tell how dyel you are
>>
>>40925888
I have and do. Want the interest. I think that one was some goofy BMX fucker.
>>
>>40925918
>BMX
I thought that shit died with the early 2000s. Oh well.

Anywho, rowed crew in college and use a Concept 2 now. Not the Irish dude but I can probably answer your question.
>>
>>40925907
Do tell fucker.
>>
>>40926010
Doing Pete's beginner plan with a concept2 on slides, 135 drag factor. Trying to figure out target heart rates, stroke rates, general intensity on the sessions in the plan. Plan here: https://thepeteplan.wordpress.com/beginner-training/
I'm starting week two. Did a 5k at 24 spm and a 2:13 split. Also wondering where I should go for stroke form checks, etc. Thoughts?
>>
>>40926106
>Target heart rates
You want active, 115-145 range, like all exercise. Anything over 150 and you'll gas yourself out too fast and have problems breathing.

>stroke rates
40 s/m is the average going, but your time is good for one week in. You want to try to keep your splits below 2:15, dropping 5 seconds every week. 65% of the row is in your legs, so trying to go for an insanely high s/m means you're using your arms more, which is very inefficient and wears your upper body out prematurely, which you don't want.

As for form, there are plenty of youtube videos out there to check against. Record yourself rowing and look for discrepancies between you and the other vids online. Check this link out for proper technique:
http://iml.jou.ufl.edu/projects/fall09/carlson_d/howtoerg.html
>>
>>40926218
Doing EC stack (on cut currently), so maybe way over normal. Averaged over 170 on the last 5k session but didn't feel totally gassed. Take it down a notch or just use exertion as a mediating factor to figure it out? I couldn't do current pace for 10K, but I'm not there conditioning wise either.
>>
>>40926218
Also hang on. How long does that 5 second bit keep going? At some point I would think the improvements would slow dramatically.
>>
>>40926218
Are you kidding? 40spm is stupid high for anything that isn't a sprint. 18-24 is the range you should be considering for steady state and longer pieces.
>>
>>40926218
>40 spm

Good luck with that. My viii used to come out of the blocks at 40spm and settle to 36-38. That's race pace though and impossible to hold for more than about 6 minutes.

On a c2, you should sit between 18 and 24, pushing higher if you're doing intervals. If you do go faster, ensure you maintain the power:recovery ratio of the stroke the same. Ie. Gain speed by pushing faster not by pulling yourself forwards
>>
>>40927724
Yeah that was my impression. He says 24 for most of his steady pieces (not normal steady state, usually one 5 - 10K piece), but wasn't sure about interval pacing, etc. He seems to have race training pieces, AT pieces, and moderate distance steady pieces. Any guidelines there?
>>
>>40925296
>Irish plate
You mean a mug?
>>
>>40927979
I've been waiting for shit like this. It was my weak attempt at getting his attention since his 135 drag factor always came in, but I'm up for cheap shots at this point.
>>
>>40925296
Come on out you potato eating fascist.
>>
>>40927769
I'm curious about the power recovery ratio here. Can you elaborate a bit?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.