[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello guys, I have a question, how often should I attend the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

Hello guys,
I have a question, how often should I attend the gym, and how often should I have a break during the week, to get a optimal muscle growth and to not affect the gains negatively? I usualy try to attend the gym 3/4 times a week, and usually it is like 2 days gym one after another, one day of break, then again 2 days of gym. However lately I am pretty hyped about my work out session, so I am wondering if I were to attend the gym 5 maybe even 6 days per week, would it be unfavorable for the gains?
>>
>>40924419
Don't fall for the rest day meme. Go to the gym every day, switch up what you're training each day. If you feel sore everywhere just do some good cardio intervals, and core exercises. You're never too sore to do core & cardio.

I go to the gym every day, no excuses. I do my best not to over-train any muscle group (this will cause you to lose gains).
>>
>>40924419
>>40924456
for example, yesterday I killed legs, quads are on fire today so I did bike intervals, shoulders, back, triceps, chest. Tomorrow I'll probably do biceps, chest, calves, core.
>>
File: 1477635465880.jpg (35KB, 400x516px) Image search: [Google]
1477635465880.jpg
35KB, 400x516px
>>40924419

If you're asking the question on /fit/ you can go as many days as you want. By the time over-training becomes a concern you will have either started /fraud/ and will be working out differently or you'll be experienced enough to know the answer, or both.
>>
>>40924456
But what if I try to do full body workout everyday, gym session usually take me 1,5 h, and I try to take each exercise to failure. Does the same rule apply?
>>
>>40924505
It just depends on how hard you're working/how much tension you apply. If you're stiff and sore the day after your workout in every muscle group, then you probably shouldn't do the same workout again just do something like cardio intervals/core, perhaps something less intense just to get the blood moving again. Never skip a day though, the best remedy for sore muscles is more exercise, just be careful not to over train.
>>
>>40924505
though I wouldn't recommend doing a FULL body workout every day. It's best to focus on different muscle groups throughout the week, it makes for better gains//more effective and efficient workouts.
>>
>>40924419
A couple of push ups once a week is more than enough
>>
File: 1489850583574.jpg (20KB, 480x480px)
1489850583574.jpg
20KB, 480x480px
>>40924456
>Tomorrow I'll probably
>making it up as you go
these are the people giving advice on /fit/
>>
>>40924575
Well, I would not describe it as "FULL" beause I am doing 2 chest exercises, one shoulders, one back or abs exercise, 1 triceps and biceps, and finish with legs. I do feel sore after the training, and maybe bit ache'y day after, however once I hit the gym and start moving again, the pain is gone.
>>
>>40924598
would you like to contribute something to the thread? perhaps something relating to OP's question? or did you just come here to be smug and patronizing...
>>
>>40924757
Sounds pretty solid. As long as you're not over-training you're gonna be gud. Keep it up, we're all gonna make it! Just no rest days hahahaha
>>
File: der_daemon_baphomet.png (392KB, 1794x2506px) Image search: [Google]
der_daemon_baphomet.png
392KB, 1794x2506px
>>40924777
Satan will bless us with gains!
>>
File: Baphomet Frog 3.png (1MB, 2000x2000px)
Baphomet Frog 3.png
1MB, 2000x2000px
>>40924811
kek
>>
personally, I go monday-saturday and do a PPLPPLx routine (where x is rest).
It gives me a day to unload, do classwork, play an hour of video games, got for an afternoon jog, etc.
I see no reason not to go 5-6 times a week unless you have a restrictive work/class schedule. I mean, you're paying for the damn gym after all.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.