[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fell for the rippetoe skullcrushes. >Worst DOMS I ever felt

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 8

File: IMG_0457.gif (938KB, 389x326px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0457.gif
938KB, 389x326px
Fell for the rippetoe skullcrushes.
>Worst DOMS I ever felt
>Can't lift my arms above my head
>>
>>40917428
That's a pullover.
>>
>>40917440
It seems like skullcrushers merged together with pullover....but yeah, it's mostly a pullover OP. What were you doing going heavy on pullovers OP? You fell for autism not for rippletoe.
>>
>>40917456
What's the deal with Rippetoe's absolute hatred of anything bearing an isolation movement?
>>
>>40917428
These are great, I love em. Great bench assistance.
>>
>>40917466
Someone killed his parents by stabbing them while using an isolation motion
>>
>>40917466
He is a strength coach.
Strength is applied through multiple joint movements.

If you want a bodybuilding coach, get one.
>>
>>40917531
So are Louie, Boris and Joe De Franco. You do isolation movements to fix weak links in a lift's kinetic chain.
>>
File: IMG_0458.jpg (22KB, 209x241px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0458.jpg
22KB, 209x241px
>>40917456
The long head of the triceps is connected to the scapula. I might be autismo, but atleast I'm not a retard.
>>
>>40917466
He's an old man set in his ways. He means well but fucks up a bit.
>>
>>40917573
Yeah. There are worse places to get workout advice than him.
>>
>>40917428
That's a good thing surely.

Just pushing through the anterior plane is well-known to not be enough to fully develop the triceps.
>>
File: 1489315043051.jpg (158KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1489315043051.jpg
158KB, 1500x1500px
>first time doing an exercise
>"lol guise i got le doms:DDDD helb xDD"
>>
File: leweirdbenchythingguy.png (311KB, 553x417px) Image search: [Google]
leweirdbenchythingguy.png
311KB, 553x417px
>>40917613
>>
File: serveimage.png (628KB, 612x807px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.png
628KB, 612x807px
>>40917693
>>
>>40917573
Rip doesnt hate isolation exercises. Beginners who misinterpreting his stuff do. Rip even has a big section in his starting strength books where he explains lots of isolation and assistance exercises.
>>
>>40917542
Not as a healthy beginner, no. In fact not at intermediate or advanced either, everyone with a brain does partials. People who are injured or ill do isolation.
>>
>>40917523
Redpill me on pullovers. Ive been doing them with a plate in my hands because i dont have access to flyes and they seem to have improved the shape of my pecs.
>>
>>40917788
Beginners dont need isolation exercises as their strength is limited by technique, not muscle strength. However that does not mean they cant benefit from isolation exercises, but they should very few of them. Typical are biceps, pecs abs.
And people who start to lift want a well rounded physique. If you do SS, which is a very good beginner program you will be lacking bicep and peck work as they are trained 50% less than everything else. So just add isolation for those two instead of ignoring them and letting them becomming weak points in the future, both strength and size wise. And intermediates and advanced lifters defently can benefit from them. But they should still only be a tiny part of your program. Compound lifts should be the absolute majority.

Isolation exercises also have the benefits of getting a lot of volume without taxing the body, like compound lifts does.
>>
>>40917807
Pullovers are horrible. You simply perform a tiny part of a chin up. Ifyou want bigger pecs or chest isolation exercise then the peck deck machine is one of the best. As it lock your body in place and let you focus on using the pecs.
You cant change the shape of your pecs. Its determind by genetics. You MAY slightly alter the volume of upper lower and lower part. But it wont make much difference at all. The best way is to simply make them bigger.
>>
>>40917778
This. The other half of newbies see the SS routine and get scared shitless because it doesn't have three variations of bicep curls on the end of every day, and they can't possibly get toned abs that way. Then both camps go into other threads and start replying to questions as if being experts on the matter and that's how memes are born
>>
File: 1489745117784.jpg (126KB, 604x516px) Image search: [Google]
1489745117784.jpg
126KB, 604x516px
>mfw realized that quad and bicep accessories are the most useful accessories for powerlifting
>>
>>40917440
>>40917456
retard alert
>>
File: 1489744679062.png (25KB, 669x514px) Image search: [Google]
1489744679062.png
25KB, 669x514px
>>40918001
sorry, not accessories but isolations, there are several other accessory lifts that are more useful, lol
>>
>>40917440
It's a cardigan actually, but thanks for noticing.
>>
File: jI8hyCJ.jpg (97KB, 400x345px) Image search: [Google]
jI8hyCJ.jpg
97KB, 400x345px
Rich Piana skullcrushes 2plates
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65YEFT4MLsw
>>
>>40918137
>that subtle dumb & dumber reference
noted
>>
>>40917788
This is a dead horse that has been beaten to death, revived and beaten to death again. Isolation exercises should be done by everyone to add hypertrophy where it is needed without taxing your recovery too much. If you are doing volume benching and you need pec hypertrophy what seems more sensible - adding even more benching/bench variations or dumbells and machines?

Even the almighty God of specificity Boris Ivanovich Sheiko has you doing dedicated pec work, triceps work, ab work and unilateral leg work. About 40% of Westside and its offspring have isolation/bodybuilding work.

Where people fuck up is when they replace the hard stuff with isolation movements. Pec-decks don't have the same effect as benching and Bulgarian split-squats don't have the same effect as the almighty barbell squat. It's about balance.
>>
>>40917428
You've made the same thread for three days in a row, at least that I've seen. Wtf is your problem?

These are the GOAT and are much more comfortable for my wrists and elbows than traditional skull crushers with a straight bar. Plus, I get a much deeper stretch in my triceps.

DYEL?
>>
Somewhat unrelated, but if you have DOMS is it a bad idea to work that muscle again until it eases a bit? It's been 2 and a half days since I last did squats but I'm still feeling it pretty heavily, should I just power through and do more tonight or would it be counterproductive?
>>
>>40917466
>regular skull crushers only engage two heads of the tricep
>extending the bar past the head to create shoulder flexion engages all three heads
>DURR why does he teach these?
I wonder. If only he explained why in the video, the mystery could have been revealed. Guess we'll never know.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.