[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>been liftan for about a year and a half >start to look

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: really thinking.png (115KB, 417x417px) Image search: [Google]
really thinking.png
115KB, 417x417px
>been liftan for about a year and a half
>start to look in to sups
>buy a gainer from local lifting shop
>look in to protein powders
>read some about sups online
>run into this
"The US FDA reports 50,000 health problems a year due to dietary supplements [11] and these often involve bodybuilding supplements.[12]"
'In addition to being potentially harmful, some have argued that there is little evidence to indicate any benefit to using bodybuilding protein or amino acid supplements. "In view of the lack of compelling evidence to the contrary, no additional dietary protein is suggested for healthy adults undertaking resistance or endurance exercise".[15]'

So what the fuck, have you all just been bullshitting when you're saying protein powder is harmless and good for muscle growth?
>>
>>40894764
1) Link the source
2) The main reason to take protein shakes is for convenience (cooking and eating 165+ grams of protein can be a real pain in the ass if you've got a job and/or go to uni). If you already hit your daily protein requirements then there's no point in taking them
>>
protein is good for muscle growth

powder's just a supplement

if you buy into the momscience that protein powder is bad for you, just eat more fucking meat
>>
One time I are a protein powder and my in kidneys exploded, my back had too massive craters were my kidneys used to be. Needless to say that was the last time I ate protein.
>>
>>40894764
Source for those asking: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bodybuilding_supplement#Health_problems
The article has a warning about relying too heavy on singular sources but still, that liver failure shit sounds spooky to me
>>
>>40894815
if you're relying on powder as your main protein source, you're already doing it wrong
>>
>>40894815
I've read the sources citing in that incredibly vague health problems section and none of them seem to actually discredit whey protein powder.
protip: protein powder, esp. high quality stuff like ON, is just that: protein with a few other supplements like BCAAs and glutamine that are also harmless.
>>
Protein power is 100% unnecessary. It's just a big marketing scam. You only need food.
>>
>>40894764
It's cheaper and more convenient than real food. End of. Gram for gram of protons it is almost always cheaper. Yes eggs might be also cheap, but eggs are also disgusting.
>>
>>40894764
What do you think is worse? Meat; a known carcinogen or whey, a healthy alternative to milk (regular non organic milk is far worse for you AND FAR more expensive than regular whey protons).
>>
>>40894879
You only NEED food, but food is expensive compared to whey.

>Inb4 milk and meat (do the math faggots milk isn't even a cheap protein source and neither is chicken)

Eggs are pretty much the only """real""" food cheaper than whey gram for gram of proton content.
>>
>>40895255
Btw I'm not. Talking about cals or carbs or fats I'm talking PROETEIN MOTHER FUCKER SHOOOP
>>
>>40894764
You dont need protein powder at all.

Until you're a 5+year wanna be professional lifter there is no reason to worry about this shit. Its not going to make up for all those times you skipped gym, did a poor set or ignored your form.
>>
>>40895266
AAAAHHH
>>
>>40895255
You can make a pbj with 15 grams of protons for like $ .25 or less. that is literally better in every way compared to a scoop
And I call bs on "cheap" if you buy your powder from a reputable company the average cost per scoop is over $1 plus milk
Real food matter race
>>
>>40895284
> bringing up memories of all the times I've regretted skipping the gym

t..thanks dude
>>
>>40895284
bruh that powder with a cup of milk fills out the last 400 calories of the day there's no way I'm gonna skip on it
>>
File: cmon.png (404KB, 6832x4480px) Image search: [Google]
cmon.png
404KB, 6832x4480px
>>40895939
>not taking pleasure in eating the last 400 calories of the day
>not eating a tub of peanut butter after you've capped the days calorie goal
GOTTA EAT BIG TO GET BIG CMONNNNN
>>
>>40895306
>better in every way
whey protein: ~24g protein per 32g scoop
peanut butter: ~8g protein per 32g, ~16g fat

you need to...fuck it sign yourself up for experimental brain surgery nigga, if you wanted to talk about comparable food products it would be meat or greek yogurt/skyr/cottage cheese
>>
yeah, OP, you don't need to eat protein to gain muscle, that's why all vegans we see walking around are so fucking buff

do you even practice common sense? that's bullshit by non-lifters, add a scoop of whey/mass to your diet and you will hit the protein macro easier, simple as that.

the scam is in the other supplements, powder is just protein
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.