[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I make running less difficult? How do I PR without feeling

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

How do I make running less difficult?

How do I PR without feeling like I'm being fisted and cooked in a brasen bull?

Music hardly helps

What about watching TV perhaps?

KEEPING GOING JUST HURTS SO MUCH AJHHHHHHHHHH
>>
a h h h h h h gg. H h h
>>
>>40887363
If you're going for distance, you've just got to find your pace/groove/tempo etc. A lot of it has to do with correct form as well.
Once you find your pace, just zone out while listening to music or something, you can run for a long ass time while doing that.

If you're talking about sprints, the only solution is to stop being a lil bitch
>>
>>40887363
Smoking weed makes running fun for me
>>
>>40887765
Holy shit I'm not alone. All of my friends who run say they could never do it high, and I've never seen any mention of it on the internet
>>
You have to stop thinking and zone everything out but the beat in your music and the rhythm of one foot ahead of the other
>>
>>40887856
I really struggle to do this
It becomes so painful sometimes I have to scream to do that extra minute

>>40887765
Big if true

>>40887751
Its kinda long distance, but as fast as possible as its under timed conditions, so worst of both worlds.

It just becomes agony. I always feel like giving up minutes before I finish, and I am in so much physical pain.

Doesn't help I weigh almost 100kg ahhhhh
>>
>>40887363
Find your pace (after warming up, say 5-10 minutes) where you can breathe, say, 4 steps in, 4 steps out.

For me I tend to go 5 out, 4 in on steady state for about 20 minutes and then when it's getting too uncomfortable, work toward shortening the cycle: 5/4,5/4,4/4; 5/4/,5/4,4/4 ... and keep shortening it down until it's like 3-out/2-in at the very end. I've had running partners who can gun it at 2 steps in/2 steps out, but that makes me lightheaded after a minute or so.

Basically, you can't go as fast as you remember from when you were a kid because you weighed 50 pounds then and now are trucking around at least 100 pounds more than that. If you can't sustain a steady breathing pace, you are going too fast and are going to fail out too soon.

Having written all that, I'm not by any means a super fast runner, but I'm in excellent cardio/running shape for my age. YMMV.
>>
>>40889926

anon, you don't know me and I don't know you. We have never met and we likely never will. After today the odds of us crossing paths again is astronomical. I can say with some certainty that it will never happen again. However I want to say to you, you have helped me in a way you can't imagine. You've just "clicked" running for me.

When you go to sleep tonight know that you are helping at least one person make it.

We are all going to make it brehs.
>>
Listen to music that feeds into your primal emotions, and get into it. Become lost within your thoughts and breathing. personally the Tv never has anything good on, and seeing my reflection on the black screen is oddly motivating.
>>
>>40887363
>how do I make running easier
just run more, fatty, get off the treadmill and go outside
>>
>>40889926
What do you mean by steps in and steps out
>>
No music, no tv, no distractions. Run outside in the cold. Wear less clothes. Feel the road. Let yourself slip into a rythmic trance of footfalls. Become zen.
>>
>>40890483
>start inhaling
>take 4 steps
>start exhaling
>take 4 steps
>>
>>40891600
Thanks, makes sense
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.