[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Going to the gym for the first time ever When is the quietest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: sweat.png (892KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
sweat.png
892KB, 1024x768px
Going to the gym for the first time ever

When is the quietest time at a gym, very early in the morning or late?

What do people wear at a gym? Is white t shirt and track pants acceptable?

Do people really care about what others are doing at the gym or is this a /fit/ meme?
>>
Nobody cares what you wear
Nobody cares what you do
Nobody cares about you at the gym, don't be so fucking dumb as to think everyone will be staring at you

And have fun anon, good luck
>>
Morning has the keeners, the health enthusiasts, the buisness men etc

Evening has the gym rats, the powerlifters "not fat just bulking I like being big" turbo giga autists
>>
>>40867261
Thanks, my posture is golem get ye gone tier and I'm really self-conscious about it, it's probably the biggest reason why I want to start
>>
>tfw I make note of every awkward person in the gym and laugh about it with the qt receptionist

get fucked
>>
>>40867242
no one cares if you arent acting like a retard
>>
>>40867319
This. Just don't forget to bot try and OHP using the Squat bar, and to make sure your weights are rotated properly and you'll be fine
>>
File: 704full-tatsuhiro-satou.png (272KB, 704x400px) Image search: [Google]
704full-tatsuhiro-satou.png
272KB, 704x400px
>Tfw yesterday was my first time ever going to the gym
>Walk in and feel like I'm already being stared at
>Insecure about skelly body so had difficulty changing infront of others
>Walked up to the squat rack and was getting stares from a few people and the staff
>Can tell they think I'm gonna fail and hurt myself
>feel the bar and get thrown off by how wide and heavy it feels
>Hesitate but lift it anyway
>Whoa.gif
>Bar is lighter than expected
>Some people sort of stop staring as I get on with my workout
>finish my squats and bench presses then head over to do my rows
>Struggle with my form a bit
>Guy corrects me and tells me to lift the bar with my palms facing outwards
>Thank him then pretend I'm resting while I look it up on my phone
>Can't tell if he's trying to help or make fun of me
>Whatever.jpeg
>Finish my rows, do a few curls then head off.
>Next day, entire body is sore, can't even lean back to sit down cause of how sore my ass is

It was a lot more fun and easier than I expected it to be but I just wish I had someone to go with so I don't make a fool out of myself
>>
>>40867350
>Guy corrects me and tells me to lift the bar with my palms facing outwards

Huh?
>>
>>40867361
He told me to hold it as if I was curling it and pull it up like that towards me.

I don't know if that's an alternative grip for rows or if I was being made fun of but it doesn't matter.

I'm not gonna let that stop me from going back again tomorrow after my soreness goes down a bit
>>
>>40867242

do NOT shit in the smith machine
>>
>>40867242
Everyone fucks up and doesn't have a good form when they start going to the gym. Don't be embarrassed about it, don't feel intimidated by it either cause in a couple months you are just as normal as anyone else. Not giving up and improving your form over time is the key, if you knew everything you wouldn't be going to a gym in the first place.
>>
Just got back from my first time at the gym. Almost fucked myself up by putting too much weight for my first bench press set but I turned my head and eyed someone and he ran over and helped me lift it back up.

Also I'm pretty sure my deadlift form is terrible cause my lower back is sore but otherwise I'm glad I went.
>>
I normally go anywhere from 1am-7am and it is usually deserted during those hours.

>today is rest day
>wish I could go but no point
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.